• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I love high mileage vehicles. Was just watching a video of a 1,000,000 mile Toyota Tundra last night. Toyota bought the truck back so they could tear it down and study it.

Whoa! A million miles on a Tundra means a lot of driving in not that many years! I'll bet the guy was meticulous about oil and filter changes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Holy crap! That guy took really good care of his vehicle!

I wonder how many other vehicles would go over 500K miles if their owners were as good to their vehicle?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

I wonder how many other vehicles would go over 500K miles if their owners were as good to their vehicle?
    Most these days would probably last that long or longer. Technology has come so far. Good oil, fluid changes regularly, good fuel and keep up on the PM... The manufacturers don't want them to last that long though, that's why we have 10k mile oil change intervals. ;)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That is pretty amazing though I'm not too surprised. Over half of what we make goes on a Toyota. They are the toughest automotive OEM when it comes to quality.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Finally... After a 12 hour day, I'm finally able to sit down.... Just need to decide what to do about tips...

And with that I will never be installing headers on a Pontiac again. Although it wasn't bad, next time I'll just have them custom built... Overall for a cheap system, I'm extremely happy.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County

A lot. I am surprised daily by how many people take so terrible care of their vehicles. From not ever checking the oil or antifreeze to not paying attention to maintenance schedules or even simply running through a car wash and getting an under car wash. We had a 8 year old F150 that was in great shape until you got it on the lift and saw how rusted away the frame and suspension is.

Most these days would probably last that long or longer. Technology has come so far. Good oil, fluid changes regularly, good fuel and keep up on the PM... The manufacturers don't want them to last that long though, that's why we have 10k mile oil change intervals. ;)

We had a V6, new body style Camaro come in with this:
    peQ1uKs.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Very cool Rusty. I'm more of a dump-it-behind-the-axle guy. No tips.
    See I'm not a fan of that... I hate kicking up dust and this thing must be quiet on the highway... Mufflers are turbos that have a nice sound when you get on it, but are quiet while cruising. I installed the cutouts for when I want to make more noise. ;)

This car doesn't look right with the rear exit, I'll find tips that exit out the side.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Better than Subaru?

Subaru's are very good cars. The difference between a Toyota, a Honda and a Subaru when it comes to quality expectations and meeting stringent specifications and low PPM's is splitting hairs.

To the average and even above average(whatever that is) car owner you won't be able to tell a difference in them over the time you own and drive it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Finally... After a 12 hour day, I'm finally able to sit down.... Just need to decide what to do about tips...

I have always liked the keep it clean look. A couple turn downs at about the same place you have your tips right now. Don't let them stick out too far and paint them black so they disappear under the car.

I especially like pick-up trucks like that. I have only seen one so far. The straight out the back seems to be the thing to do with trucks. Cracks me up.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Put headers on a 68 GTO back in the day, had to move brake lines around to get the job done.

Tips, they do the back end proud.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A lot. I am surprised daily by how many people take so terrible care of their vehicles. From not ever checking the oil or antifreeze to not paying attention to maintenance schedules or even simply running through a car wash and getting an under car wash. We had a 8 year old F150 that was in great shape until you got it on the lift and saw how rusted away the frame and suspension is.

We had a V6, new body style Camaro come in with this:
    peQ1uKs.jpg

It makes my head spin when folks pay huge sums for good quality cars and just abuse them until they are junk. Then just ***** about what a piece of junk they bought.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom