Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lol. Rods... My co worker has a customer with a couple drag cars. They just finished up a big inch Chevy for his dragster earlier this year, he only got a couple passes in before things that used to be inside the engine were outside the engine.... When they were prepping parts and assembling the engine they noted and told the guy the rods should be replaced as they had about 700 passes on them and were out of spec. He didn't want to spend the $2k for new ones so he said "run um"... That was a $30k mistake.

Tripping over $10 bills to pick up nickels.
    My son was in the finals against a big block dragster in my 69 Camaro. Super Pro class so we were not the fastest car in the class. We usually ran Pro so we always chased.
    The boy hauled ass with a great light off the "T" brake and was on his number so he dropped the nose at about 1100 feet and the dragster stayed in it. He inched out the Camaro at the line and the engine "Popped" covering our car with oil and a few scratches in the paint and some dings on the Quarter panel. Big smokey fire ball when the oil lit off the headers.
    Never saw a block that tore up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ^^^^Now that's a guy who is plain having fun! Cool car. Simple.

Yes it is but man it could be "SOOOooooooo" much faster in that heads up bracket with just a few mods.

The foot print those rear skinny's lays down out of the water is just way to thin. Let the tires down. Get a foot print.
    If he puts N20 on that is will be a scary ride.

Neat car. Very neat car.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Was working on the header install for the lemans tonight. Old system came right off, we've had the manifolds off before. One thing to note, don't bother painting the headers for an unrestored car.... Impossible to not get greasy fingerprints all over it.... Oh well, lesson learned.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll be getting the system finished up tomorrow. Discovered one of the newer motor mounts is junk.... Have to remove the starter and "Z" bar on the drivers side.

Crap.

I will be changing oil/filter.
    Need to find what is bent and towing the wheels in.
    Prime the pump/engine with my home made handy dandy cut up distributor oil pump tool.
    Spin it over and #1 on top. You know the drill

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Had to get a new ignition switch for the mighty '02 Silverado hotrod with it's awesome 285 HP 5.3 L V with a mere 265,000+ miles on it.

When driving home from work yesterday, the cruise, half the instrument panel, and the A/C and fan stopped. This has happened before, so I knew what to do. It was unpleasant riding in this weather without A/C, a fan, or a vent . . . because the windows don't work.

Much better now and I still have 285 HP. And winter is better.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had to get a new ignition switch for the mighty '02 Silverado hotrod with it's awesome 285 HP 5.3 L V with a mere 265,000+ miles on it.

When driving home from work yesterday, the cruise, half the instrument panel, and the A/C and fan stopped. This has happened before, so I knew what to do. It was unpleasant riding in this weather without A/C, a fan, or a vent . . . because the windows don't work.

Much better now and I still have 285 HP. And winter is better.

When are you planning to get this mighty one replaced..??

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When are you planning to get this mighty one replaced..??

Well . . . that's a fantastic question. Everything but the engine dying, but at this time I can't afford a new used vehicle. My current obligations exceed my income.

When that situation relents, I intend to get the smallest crossover SUV that will accommodate me and it will probably have a 4 cylinder, but I'm still going to call it a hot rod and talk about it here with you guys! I'm like the little geek that the cool kids allow to sit near their table and just blankly stare at him when he interjects something into the conversation, but I'll take it. HAH!

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Well . . . that's a fantastic question. Everything but the engine dying, but at this time I can't afford a new used vehicle. My current obligations exceed my income.

When that situation relents, I intend to get the smallest crossover SUV that will accommodate me and it will probably have a 4 cylinder, but I'm still going to call it a hot rod and talk about it here with you guys! I'm like the little geek that the cool kids allow to sit near their table and just blankly stare at him when he interjects something into the conversation, but I'll take it. HAH!

A buddy is selling a 02 (?) LS3 v8 Blazer 2wd. I'm sure it gets great MPG.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    [video]https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=HotRodBlackOakArkansaw&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom