Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nice trip to Rusty's shop today. It was nice getting to meet his Dad too.

Truck did a great job to and fro.

Does have a little trans leak someplace, the drivers side exhaust loosened up and rotated to cause a leak and bottoming out.
    Had to educate a couple vehicles on the trip when they thought the truck might be just for looks.

Going back to the shop tomorrow so mechanic can tweak a couple things.

Fuel bowl issues worked out...???

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    It's a special road just for testing! It's located next to the Cannelton dam.

Yeah I have never ran a 13.2 @ 95 mph it was quite exciting when the tires broke loose after the 1/8th mile.
    I had to share that with CM.
    I was on my way to a mid 12 run until I started to go sideways!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Fuel bowl issues worked out...???

I thought I had replied to this last night.

I did get the fuel bowls worked out.

It all came back to me how I adjusted the float level on the Holley's
    1) fill fuel bowl with endings running
    2) check for over pressures
    3) Remove Remove sight plug screw
    4) fuel should slightly slosh out when rocking vehicle

Adjust float as needed.

Thank you for your help CM

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's a special road just for testing! It's located next to the Cannelton dam.

Yeah I have never ran a 13.2 @ 95 mph it was quite exciting when the tires broke loose after the 1/8th mile.
    I had to share that with CM.
    I was on my way to a mid 12 run until I started to go sideways!

Driving through the tires at speed is a freaking hoot.......:cool:

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Anyone know of a local place that repairs the Silverado gauge cluster or can you recommend a place? There are several listed online.
    My cluster is completely dead.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Spent yesterday afternoon in the shop. The 350 Olds project is ready to assemble.
    Block has been prepped and painted.
    The head work is done. Good springs and retainers. Roller rockers. The camshaft is decent considering not much offered for this engine.

I got to here and noticed I cut the rope rear main seal short....:(

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Spent yesterday afternoon in the shop. The 350 Olds project is ready to assemble.
    Block has been prepped and painted.
    The head work is done. Good springs and retainers. Roller rockers. The camshaft is decent considering not much offered for this engine.

I got to here and noticed I cut the rope rear main seal short....:(

Should be a nice little bullet when you get 'er all together

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A co-worker stopped me yesterday; "Hey our daughters babysitters dad died recently and has an old car they need to get rid of. It's a '57 chevy and looks to be in decent shape; they only want $1800 for it, do you know anybody that might be interested?":faint: After I came to I said "uh, yeah, maybe. Can you get me a couple of pictures and confirm the price?" Well today he showed me the pictures of a very nice older restoration and the true price of around $18,000. Funny the difference a lowly zero can make!:crying:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Should be a nice little bullet when you get 'er all together

Yes it will. I put a good set of forged flat tops in it and floated the rods. The head work included a bit of bowl blending and a
    .030 cut. C.R. should be right at 10.5 to 1. Looking at 390 HP if the figures hold true.
    Couple that with the sniper plate system that is rated at 150 HP with 3.5 PSI fuel pressure at the nozzle. I run a holly red for the nitrous only on a separate fuel line. That will usually push a solid 6 to 7 PSI at the nozzle that allows me to jet the system up well over 200 which is then pushing the stock rods.

I love the ****. I really do.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A co-worker stopped me yesterday; "Hey our daughters babysitters dad died recently and has an old car they need to get rid of. It's a '57 chevy and looks to be in decent shape; they only want $1800 for it, do you know anybody that might be interested?":faint: After I came to I said "uh, yeah, maybe. Can you get me a couple of pictures and confirm the price?" Well today he showed me the pictures of a very nice older restoration and the true price of around $18,000. Funny the difference a lowly zero can make!:crying:

Yeah that silly little zero.......:(

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes it will. I put a good set of forged flat tops in it and floated the rods. The head work included a bit of bowl blending and a 3
    .030 cut. C.R. should be right at 10.5 to 1. Looking at 390 HP if the figures hold true.
    Couple that with the sniper plate system that is rated at 150 HP with 3.5 PSI fuel pressure at the nozzle. I run a holly red for the nitrous only on a separate fuel line. That will usually push a solid 6 to 7 PSI at the nozzle that allows me to jet the system up well over 200 which is then pushing the stock rods.

I love the ****. I really do.

Yeah that should be a fun ride. Engine work has always been my favorite to work on and tune. Chassis work is a close second just because to so many it's like practicing voodoo or something

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah that should be a fun ride. Engine work has always been my favorite to work on and tune. Chassis work is a close second just because to so many it's like practicing voodoo or something
    You guys can keep your engine and chassis work. I don't mind hanging parts, but if you make me think, then we will have issues. Give me a sanding block and a spray gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom