• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    OK.....question.....I am looking at upgrading to a 4L-60 E trans. Who makes a reliable user friendly stand alone controller (ECU) for this unit.
    I think I'd go straight to TCI. I cannot remember what is on my uncles car, but I think it was some pieced together unit that we had to fiddle with to make the whole thing work together. Best bet might be to contact a reputable transmission shop and ask what they recommend.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got the crank installed in the Olds engine this afternoon.
    New rope seal after I screwed up the last one.
    Came out OK.
    I should have it short blocked by the weekend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't know how much a 4L80E runs but if it's very much I would look at a streetable glide and converter from Coan.

Not for this car. 64 Impala drop top. I have a pretty strong small block stroker I am building for it. It will have the magic button. I want the OD option so I can run a decent boogie gear in it but still run the hiway if I want to. The T-350 I have on hand will not be up to the task at hand.

I have friends in the salvage business so getting the trans is no issue. Getting it set up is a new area of involvement for me.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Not for this car. 64 Impala drop top. I have a pretty strong small block stroker I am building for it. It will have the magic button. I want the OD option so I can run a decent boogie gear in it but still run the hiway if I want to. The T-350 I have on hand will not be up to the task at hand.

I have friends in the salvage business so getting the trans is no issue. Getting it set up is a new area of involvement for me.

I am digging my 700R4 so far. I am adding the B&M speed controlled converter lockup kit to complete setup.
    The 3.42 gears have lots of power out of the hole and a nice interstate cruising machine.

I just ordered a new set of rear spring retainer cups. One of them came loose or broke so I'm replacing them all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So you were one of those kids that could destroy a steel ball in a sand box I gather.

Well........maybe.
    I was a terror on a 3 peddle car.

As to the 700R-4 I priced them. Wow. My search was to get around the $1800 mark.
    Now that I look this all over that is about where I will end up regardless of the route taken.
    I can get a trans pretty cheap but then it needs the good parts. Add a converter and a controller and bingo. That number is met or eclipsed.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Big Chief has his new car. No more promod on the street.
    [video=youtube_share;EB8yjtKh3G8]http://youtu.be/EB8yjtKh3G8[/video]

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Big Chief has his new car. No more promod on the street.
    [video=youtube_share;EB8yjtKh3G8]http://youtu.be/EB8yjtKh3G8[/video]

Kinda cool how he put the doors from his wrecked crow on the new car. From what I have seen/heard the Okie's won't be street racing any promods in the future beyond what has already been taped. Partly because they are no longer allowed to race at cash days

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom