Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I watched both hours of the season opener.
    Holy crap Doc's Monti is sweet. That is my favorite Generation body style anyway.
    Monza put hell money into the split bumper.
    No mention of the new frame work on the Murder Nova. Still touting his "Ole beat up" car with no major work.
    Chief runs a 3 speed. Been a while for me but the Power Glide was the trans of choice. Gear selection like you mention I suppose.
    Lutz's car is a beast.
    No way on Gods earth Daddy Dave could have built that car and kept it a secret. No way. The drama was staged.

I can see the engine management systems are top notch. 4 dry systems have to be managed. Fuel injectors step up to the load.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I watched both hours of the season opener.
    Holy crap Doc's Monti is sweet. That is my favorite Generation body style anyway.
    Monza put hell money into the split bumper.
    No mention of the new frame work on the Murder Nova. Still touting his "Ole beat up" car with no major work.
    Chief runs a 3 speed. Been a while for me but the Power Glide was the trans of choice. Gear selection like you mention I suppose.
    Lutz's car is a beast.
    No way on Gods earth Daddy Dave could have built that car and kept it a secret. No way. The drama was staged.

I can see the engine management systems are top notch. 4 dry systems have to be managed. Fuel injectors step up to the load.

Doc's monti is a very nice machine..still looks like a big ol' boat but she works.
    Monza's car is also just as nicely built. He did engine and chassis work. I saw back in early summer and it was about flawless.
    Again IDK when these episodes were taped. But I saw something@ 3months ago about murder nova being picked up from McAmis.
    Not sure what trans chief is running. But the most popular are powerglide and turbo 400s.
    Jeff Lutz will be tough to beat everything he has is top notch.
    Dave's goliath 2.0 was driveable last December. It was on display in a booth at the PRI show.
    Engine management is getting insane high tech. The EFI guys can get away with dry systems but carb cars typically use wet systems to add extra fuel simultaneously.
    I really think the sleeping dog may be Boosted gt. His new car will be bad if/when it's done

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Since their paths will cross again, I just recently heard Kye Kelley has gotten a new engine built by Pat Musi. Not sure what other changes he has made. But his car was also on display at PRI and is looked to be pretty much a top sportsman car (although a little dated).
    Dang near everyone associated with the show has had their cars on display at various sponsor booths at PRI.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Since their paths will cross again, I just recently heard Kye Kelley has gotten a new engine built by Pat Musi. Not sure what other changes he has made. But his car was also on display at PRI and is looked to be pretty much a top sportsman car (although a little dated).
    Dang near everyone associated with the show has had their cars on display at various sponsor booths at PRI.

I am sure this comes back in all the mods they are making.
    Kye Kelly and that bunch are something. I am just not really sure what.
    They were constantly band aiding the cars together between rounds. Fast yes. Reliable......:dunno:

I was referring to the "Big News" DD dropped on those guys at the gathering and Chuck just seeing the car. Totally staged.

I can only imagine the fuel pumps those guys are running with enough in the bank to push all that fuel.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yea DD's big news was either staged or taped a year ago. I agree there has to be some staging of things on the show which ok it's made for tv. But I watch more for the cars and races than the entertainment aspect.
    As for fuel systems on the EFI cars I would expect something like Areomotive as common place. And on the nitrous cars probably magnafuel prostar 500's. A Magnafuel will handle well over 2000 hp all day and uses a -12 supply hose

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yea DD's big news was either staged or taped a year ago. I agree there has to be some staging of things on the show which ok it's made for tv. But I watch more for the cars and races than the entertainment aspect.
    As for fuel systems on the EFI cars I would expect something like Areomotive as common place. And on the nitrous cars probably magnafuel prostar 500's. A Magnafuel will handle well over 2000 hp all day and uses a -12 supply hose

I had a sweet Aeromotive on the Camaro. It was actually more pump than the car needed.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    &0's Muscle car stuff.
    LS-6 was/is a 450 (hahahahahaha) 454.

The new LS series engines are just riding the well known label.
    Yeah I don't like how they did that.... Even now they make a new LT1 based on the LS engines. I prefer to think about the LT1 as the 350/350 from back in the day, but they first ruined it when they called the 90s engine an LT1.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I didn't really run her all the way out. Foot never hit the floor and I kept the RPM below 5500. I'm not taking chances with a car that isn't mine and is as valuable as that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom