• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    What is it one? I have seen 3 dif covers on GM trucks that rotted pretty bad, one was my brothers and he almost had to buy a new rear end.

Watching the US Nationals on tv, stands look half empty.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    My brothers was a 2000 Silverado 2500 4x4 which had pin holes through which the dif fluid leaked out. His first clue was a whining noise. The other two were also late 90s to mid 2000 GMs. The last one in the shop was weeping fluid. You could wipe it clean and it would start weeping again right away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What is it one? I have seen 3 dif covers on GM trucks that rotted pretty bad, one was my brothers and he almost had to buy a new rear end.

Watching the US Nationals on tv, stands look half empty.

For the price of admission they should ne half empty.

I can hear the cars from my hose. Maybe 10/12 miles away.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well it seems as though a new engine for the lemans may be needed sooner than I had hoped... We've been pretty darn lucky to have gotten 12,000 miles out of a worn out engine with really low compression. She's sucking coolant into somewhere, I pulled the dipstick and didn't notice any.

I'm exploring LS options. I need to find someone local to talk to about it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well it seems as though a new engine for the lemans may be needed sooner than I had hoped... We've been pretty darn lucky to have gotten 12,000 miles out of a worn out engine with really low compression. She's sucking coolant into somewhere, I pulled the dipstick and didn't notice any.

I'm exploring LS options. I need to find someone local to talk to about it.

Darn it man.
    Are you looking for a 6.0

I decided tonight that I am de-tuning the 383 Stroker that I built for the 70 split bumper and putting it in the 64.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Darn it man.
    Are you looking for a 6.0

I decided tonight that I am de-tuning the 383 Stroker that I built for the 70 split bumper and putting it in the 64.
    I am just researching options. 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 8.1 :cool:. I still have an unknown 400 poncho sitting on an engine stand. I believe it's out of a '68 big car, it's supposed to have big valve heads. No idea as to the condition, supposedly ran 15 years ago. But when I start to think about a rebuild on that with the kind of power levels and reliability I want it of it, it's just too much money for me.... I'd like to stick with a Pontiac, but at the same time I run the car pretty hard and want to run it harder.... I think LS is the way to go for me.

What made you decide to go with the 383 in your lowrider?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I am just researching options. 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 8.1 :cool:. I still have an unknown 400 poncho sitting on an engine stand. I believe it's out of a '68 big car, it's supposed to have big valve heads. No idea as to the condition, supposedly ran 15 years ago. But when I start to think about a rebuild on that with the kind of power levels and reliability I want it of it, it's just too much money for me.... I'd like to stick with a Pontiac, but at the same time I run the car pretty hard and want to run it harder.... I think LS is the way to go for me.

What made you decide to go with the 383 in your lowrider?

I'd go 6.0. You definitely won't regret it. I'd be kicking myself if I went 5.3...just knowing I was leaving cubes on the table. The aftermarket isn't there for the 8.1 compared to the others.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The 327 in the car is a power pack 250 HP motor.
    It is a 10 to 1 CR engine. I put a small RV cam in it 12 years ago when I put that engine in the car. It was OK but not anything exciting.
    I crunched some numbers on doing the 327 up to the next level and it would atill be a small head power pack engine.

I have the 383 that I built 4 years ago to put in the Camaro I recently sold.

It is a monster as it sits.
    Merlin World heads
    13 to 1 SRP pistons on Eagle rods and Crank.
    4 Bolt block.

The Cam and valve train are 7K plus pieces so that will have to be removed.
    I have a nice street cam and kit NIB that will make good power in that engine.
    I have a set of 10 to 1 pistons for that engine.
    I have a dual plane Edelbrock Performer and a Holley 600 that will work very well on it.
    MSD billet distributor and box.

I have a nice T-350 trans.

A good set of Hookers and I am sure it would be a reliable 400 plus HP piece.
    I might as well use all of these parts because I will not give them away. I have a solid 6K in the engine as it sits but everyone wants LS pieces now.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    No way man. I'm not letting Rusty see my butchery. :n00b:
    :lmfao: You won't have to worry about that! I was seriously embarrassed at how the Roadrunner came out of the booth. It was crazy dry, should have been a two man job... I have a lot of work into making it look as good as it does. I have a process down that works amazing for sanding and buffing out clear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom