Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Family in town for the weekend, means we mess with a bunch of old stuff. Dug this old thing out, I think it's hot rod enough. My dad built this custom Schwinn chopper for me when I was about 13, I rode that thing everywhere! It's been sitting for about 8 years untouched, it was missing some parts that got robbed from it years ago. Still fun, although I don't remember it doing wheelies as soon as you sit down.... You have to lean forward while riding...

You are much bigger now dummy.......:):

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Family in town for the weekend, means we mess with a bunch of old stuff. Dug this old thing out, I think it's hot rod enough. My dad built this custom Schwinn chopper for me when I was about 13, I rode that thing everywhere! It's been sitting for about 8 years untouched, it was missing some parts that got robbed from it years ago. Still fun, although I don't remember it doing wheelies as soon as you sit down.... You have to lean forward while riding...

That is pretty cool! We made redneck choppers. Cut down some extra forks and hammer them onto the set on your bike. Worked great until one of the guys tried to pull a wheelie and his fell off. The skinning he took made the rest of us get rid of ours.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    How bout we go back to the mid 90s for a bit. My cousin and I just drove this back from Auburn. My uncles neighbor bought it up there and 3 other cars that he needs help transporting to Lafayette. 1994 Cutlass Supreme with 23,000 miles! This thing is MINT! We put the 23,000th mile on it on the way back! How many other people can say they did that in a 1994 Cutlass Supreme in 2016?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I remember the 1st Edsel I saw. I was with one of my car nut uncles cruising in his 49 olds business coup lowered, had flat "Salt Flat" disc wheel covers, "Lakes" pipe dumps, a big Caddy engine etc and so on. It was 58 or so. We both went UGH, ugly car and man they are ugly.

"Continental Kits" were available for a lot of cars in that era, and plenty of body men built their own. I have seen maybe 3 Edsel cars like that. I do not thing that was from the factory.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Heading over to my adopted Gpa's in about an hour. Dropping the new Dart engine in his 68 "Z". And he's letting me use his lift to swap on a new diff cover for the beater s10.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Have never seen this happen, nor has anyone I talked to....

Check out the little rot hole...

I will note that when I popped the cover, there was only maybe a 1/2 cup of oil that drained out.... No wonder she was making some noise....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So much stuff on old factory cars was unprotected against rust. When I pulled the Charger apart I was really surprised at the amount of bare rusty metal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom