• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    At least my wife gave me permission but said I have to sale the bird....we'll see about that.

The camaro likely sold, it was listed on several pages but now gone.

I do have a line on another and I know the owner that has taken immaculate care of it for many years. The only problem is that it's a soft top. I just don't have any desire to own a vert.
    Have you ever checked out autotempest.com?

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Have you ever checked out autotempest.com?
    Sure have, it's a pretty good tool.

One of these day I'll find one, only seriously been looking for about a year. There were a couple this time last year I probably should've jumped on but the damn covid got in the way with the wife being laid off work and all. There have been some autos that have come up as well but it must be a 3 pedal car. I've been tempted to get an auto and swap out the trans.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The owner of the 64 S/S stopped in today and put some effort into catching me up on funds owed.

Looks like we will be having some issue with the paint shop that has the body. Man I really hate people.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The owner of the 64 S/S stopped in today and put some effort into catching me up on funds owed.

Looks like we will be having some issue with the paint shop that has the body. Man I really hate people.
    If I ever had issues with other people working on cars, it has usually been in bump and paint.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I ever had issues with other people working on cars, it has usually been in bump and paint.
    This guy has discovered the way of the scam I believe. Take in the car with a 50% deposit. Let is set while you spend that money. Then take in a few more and start on the 1st one with the new money. Its a pyramid scheme of sorts.
    In his defense this fracking Covid lie hurt them badly. They had 2 car rental agency's they did repairs for and always at least 10 or more of them in the "Q" rotating through the shop. Big money on fast repairs. All that came to a screaming stop when the **** heads in charge broke one off in our back sides and ruined a vibrant economy. He has struggled and I fear thats why he is falling behind.

Thing is, my guy is not someone I would trifle with like this. He is starting to get upset and I am right there with him.
    People see money and loose their minds.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    This guy has discovered the way of the scam I believe. Take in the car with a 50% deposit. Let is set while you spend that money. Then take in a few more and start on the 1st one with the new money. Its a pyramid scheme of sorts.
    In his defense this fracking Covid lie hurt them badly. They had 2 car rental agency's they did repairs for and always at least 10 or more of them in the "Q" rotating through the shop. Big money on fast repairs. All that came to a screaming stop when the **** heads in charge broke one off in our back sides and ruined a vibrant economy. He has struggled and I fear thats why he is falling behind.

Thing is, my guy is not someone I would trifle with like this. He is starting to get upset and I am right there with him.
    I absolutely hate hiring something out anymore. I have been screwed on almost everything the last 10 years that I've hired someone to do something.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012

The amount of posts I see on FB groups about someone who dropped a car or a truck off at a shop 10 months ago and now they're trying to figure out how to get their vehicle back and at least some of their money.... Man. Screw that crap.
    I don't know how people find such trashy shops to work with. Furthermore, if I thought a shop was duckin me, you'd best bet that I'm gonna walk in there and have a face to face with it. I don't care if they're 5 hours away. I'll take the day off and see them at 8am.

Point is, trashy shops are running rampant and they all work in that same scheme - "drop down this much coin so we can maybe get started in 5 months, or we'll let it sit in the lot for that long."
    How about, take my name and number, call me when you can get started same day, and I'll bring it by along with the deposit and/or full amount.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The amount of posts I see on FB groups about someone who dropped a car or a truck off at a shop 10 months ago and now they're trying to figure out how to get their vehicle back and at least some of their money..

How about, take my name and number, call me when you can get started same day, and I'll bring it by along with the deposit and/or full amount.
    I remember it was like this 30 years ago when I was hot and heavy into cars. Body shops were notorious for not meeting the due date provided. And it didn't have to do with not knowing what they would find once they tore into it.

I think it was either a scheduling issue or laziness.

A good shop knows how to flowchart their work so they are painting one when another is waiting for filler to dry while yet another is getting panels repaired. And so on. And if they are small and have to work a single piece flow, that's okay. Just be realistic with your timing. I know guys who wait months to get their car back. But it takes time to do quality work.

I'm with you. Tell me when you can start and I'll drop it off then.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I remember it was like this 30 years ago when I was hot and heavy into cars. Body shops were notorious for not meeting the due date provided. And it didn't have to do with not knowing what they would find once they tore into it.

I think it was either a scheduling issue or laziness.

A good shop knows how to flowchart their work so they are painting one when another is waiting for filler to dry while yet another is getting panels repaired. And so on. And if they are small and have to work a single piece flow, that's okay. Just be realistic with your timing. I know guys who wait months to get their car back. But it takes time to do quality work.

I'm with you. Tell me when you can start and I'll drop it off then.
    Time. I full well understand the concept. After you block out/primer a car it really needs 2 weeks to dry and set. Then the process is repeated. If done in this way (What we are paying for) you get a lasting mirror finish once the end product is cut/buffed.
    but you need enough material on the car to do this.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    1st Cousin has owned a body shop for 40 plus years. He doesn’t do anything but insurance work. You have to be close to get him to do anything like a repaint or rust repair.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1st Cousin has owned a body shop for 40 plus years. He doesn’t do anything but insurance work. You have to be close to get him to do anything like a repaint or rust repair.
    Smart man.

If you want to do resto work you need good people. You need the proper tools/equipment. You need to have a brain that is capable of more than being a doorstop.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Front of the frame/drive line is done to the point of parts in hand.
    Next week we turn the frame around and I will get into this.
    It is 4"s to wide and none of the existing bracketry will work.
    IMG_4728.jpg

Top Bottom