• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I went to the Franklin swap meet today and was pleasantly surprised at the turn out. there were more vendors there than I'd seen since they moved to this location. Managed to score a set of factory bucket seats (cores) for the Galaxie for next to nothing in the Galaxie world so very happy with that. LOTS of buyers/gawkers and it was humorous hearing several of them commenting about how good it felt to be FREE AGAIN to be out and about! I wouldn't mind going back again tomorrow for sightseeing again but we're going out of town to meet a lab puppy that needs a new home. Hopefully we'll all get along and we'll be able to welcome her into our home! :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well what I have been suspecting came to fruition today.
    The "Paintman" shop on west 10th street is a total rip off.
    My guy there finally threw up his hands loaded his tools and walked out.
    Owner is a thief and a a total dip:poop:
    The 64 has set for weeks on end with nothing done to it past what I and my guy have done. And it is totally paid for. Paid in full. They have taken in 5 other cars since, gotten serious deposits and nothing bein done.
    I came very near decapitating the guy this afternoon. Best I just walk away. The owner of the 64 will deal with him.

Now I have to find a shop to move the car to.

People. WTAF.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Well what I have been suspecting came to fruition today.
    The "Paintman" shop on west 10th street is a total rip off.
    My guy there finally threw up his hands loaded his tools and walked out.
    Owner is a thief and a a total dip:poop:
    The 64 has set for weeks on end with nothing done to it past what I and my guy have done. And it is totally paid for. Paid in full. They have taken in 5 other cars since, gotten serious deposits and nothing bein done.
    I came very near decapitating the guy this afternoon. Best I just walk away. The owner of the 64 will deal with him.

Now I have to find a shop to move the car to.

People. WTAF.

Good grief. What a joke.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need to come up with 2 stock chevy wheels and tires. Time to put some shoes on the front and turn this frame around.
    I went through and got rid of all my old stuff. I had 2 8" rally's with good tires on them and I gave them away......:faint:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Went to the paint shop and picked up the original rear end so I could put it under the frame and get exact location measurements as the mounts are very unique on the original housing.
    Having issues with the shop owner and he went full on suck his thumb spoiled bratt on me when I started to take this. Said it was not mine and to leave it set until he got everything worked out with the owner. Man that was not a wise thing to do. He got a face full of me as I dialed the phone. Owner told him to have an envelope full of hundreds when we come to get the car next week. I thought he was going to start crying as he does not have the money. He best get it and soon. :poop: is about to get very serious for him.IMG_4783.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Went to the paint shop and picked up the original rear end so I could put it under the frame and get exact location measurements as the mounts are very unique on the original housing.
    Having issues with the shop owner and he went full on suck his thumb spoiled bratt on me when I started to take this. Said it was not mine and to leave it set until he got everything worked out with the owner. Man that was not a wise thing to do. He got a face full of me as I dialed the phone. Owner told him to have an envelope full of hundreds when we come to get the car next week. I thought he was going to start crying as he does not have the money. He best get it and soon. :poop: is about to get very serious for him.View attachment 141724
    I know a guy with some hogs. . .

And the biggest backhoe I've ever seen!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Cool

A buddy of mine had one when I lived in Key West. Per capita that little chunk of coral had more cool cars living there than anyplace else I've lived. BIG Ford town but enough of a mix of Chrysler, GM and even Studebaker to keep it interesting.

I've been down the rebuilt title path before, unless it's half of Kelly, NADA or Hagerty I wouldn't touch it.

TomO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Central
    A buddy of mine had one when I lived in Key West. Per capita that little chunk of coral had more cool cars living there than anyplace else I've lived. BIG Ford town but enough of a mix of Chrysler, GM and even Studebaker to keep it interesting.

I've been down the rebuilt title path before, unless it's half of Kelly, NADA or Hagerty I wouldn't touch it.

I agree with the rebuild title concerns. In my opinion these cars are enjoyable investments when done right - not worth starting with a questionable investment unless the price is in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    To me the price does reflect the rebuild title, sounds like it's already been repaired. Car basically looks done in the pics, this car would make a great driver for someone and not mid 30k price.

This is assuming it's as nice as the pics show, which isn't always true.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To me the price does reflect the rebuild title, sounds like it's already been repaired. Car basically looks done in the pics, this car would make a great driver for someone and not mid 30k price.

This is assuming it's as nice as the pics show, which isn't always true.
    Well call me crazy but the 3 speed would have to go Bye-bye.
    Re-builts are always shadowed in doubt due to the snakes and thieves that are in the mix.
    Some of us do it the right way. Even over do it to a point. The panel bond dip-weeds are what has us all doubting.

Top Bottom