• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Well call me crazy but the 3 speed would have to go Bye-bye.
    Re-builts are always shadowed in doubt due to the snakes and thieves that are in the mix.
    Some of us do it the right way. Even over do it to a point. The panel bond dip-weeds are what has us all doubting.
    Oh I agree, that's why I said it assuming it's as good as the pics. I would agree about the 4 spd, but for a driver I could rock the 3 for awhile.

I figure, 400 with edelbrock pro flow EFi and EFI tank, pump, etc. $5k
    Paint +Body $8-10k
    Interior. $3k
    Brakes. $2k
    Vintage AC. $1.5k
    Wheels + Tires $1k

Easily at the 20k mark without counting the Base Car to start with. Wiring on these things are a breeze, so If that's all that it actually was this car could be a deal for someone, if it's not full of Bondo and cream puffed out.
    I will say the guys that usually do that stuff use a lot of Chrome and stuff to distract, and usually don't spring for Vintage AC and a $2-300 Bluetooth radio to avoid cutting the dash. If I was in the Market I would be laying eyes on this old Pontiac.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Meh!

Never have seen a GT 37 looked it up seems like it was in direct competition with the road runner?

I did see a ”Heavy Chevy” the other day I believe it was about the same thing?

CP, yeah getting old you drive a Vette at 55 mph in the left lane. Then you’re other car is a mini van.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Meh!

Never have seen a GT 37 looked it up seems like it was in direct competition with the road runner?

CP, yeah getting old you drive a Vette at 55 mph in the left lane. Then you’re other car is a mini van.

I love golf too. I’m done for.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Take it for what it's worth Hagerty lists the GT-37 at $21,200 at a concours level car. I drive past M&M body shop a few times a week. I'll be on the look out for it next time I pass by maybe even kick the tires lol!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Meh!

The Heavy Chevy is a Chevelle, the GT 37 is basically a GTO without the hood. Poor man's GTO performance. Too bad this wasn't a 455/4spd combo, that would be real nice.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Take it for what it's worth Hagerty lists the GT-37 at $21,200 at a concours level car. I drive past M&M body shop a few times a week. I'll be on the look out for it next time I pass by maybe even kick the tires lol!
    If you lay eyes on this car please report back what you think.

I do like using the Hagerty tool, but I don't think it always reflects the market. I looked up a 70 Charger Base 318 in Fair condition, which is daily driver they say 15k. I personally know of 2 that were just shells in rough condition that sold for 20k+, no engine, needing everything.

I know this won't bring that money though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well we are back in the shop on the 64. Owner squared up on the labor money and is getting me the next big chunk towards the big parts we need to get close on my end.
    Set up a meeting with the body shop owner to either get this moving or get some serious money back and move the car. I have already found the place to take it.

I stripped the original rear end today to use un the stock control arms to mark my wheel base. I can testify it has been assembled since sometime in 1963 when it was built.....:n00b:

IMG_4812.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you lay eyes on this car please report back what you think.

I do like using the Hagerty tool, but I don't think it always reflects the market. I looked up a 70 Charger Base 318 in Fair condition, which is daily driver they say 15k. I personally know of 2 that were just shells in rough condition that sold for 20k+, no engine, needing everything.

I know this won't bring that money though.
    I would like to see his opinion on this one as well.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Not my favorite year but it does look to be well turned out.
    I showed a buddy the picks and he reminded me of a guy we both knew that owned one way the heck back in the day.
    Yep, not exactly my favorite year or even model of Pontiac, but I have come to grips with the fact that my favorites are well out of my price range.

If I knew of a good trustworthy body man in that area that would be willing to give it a look and tell me what he thought, then I would probably go take a look if the body guy thought it was done good

Top Bottom