• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have a question for the INGO motor heads. My father recently passed away and had several cars. I will be selling some of them and looking to see if I could get some help with an idea on current selling prices.

1st one is 2010 Camaro SS 6spd manual with 12k miles. Silver with black striping
    2nd car is 2009 Challenger SRT8 6spd manual as well. Roughly same mileage . Red with black striping
    3rd is is a 2012 Caddy CTS-V auto with about 50k on it. Black

Any insight is greatly appreciated
    I sent you a message.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I have a question for the INGO motor heads. My father recently passed away and had several cars. I will be selling some of them and looking to see if I could get some help with an idea on current selling prices.

1st one is 2010 Camaro SS 6spd manual with 12k miles. Silver with black striping
    2nd car is 2009 Challenger SRT8 6spd manual as well. Roughly same mileage . Red with black striping
    3rd is is a 2012 Caddy CTS-V auto with about 50k on it. Black

Any insight is greatly appreciated

Your father seems like he was a great man. :thumbsup:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’ve been occasionally checking in on Cleetus McFarland’s “Pro Mod” build. The main guy building it reminds me of Churchmouse a little bit. The world loses such so much knowledge when old hot rodders like that pass away.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    My Dad also passed away at the end of May. No cars, but a wealth of knowledge that I can't ever access again and it hurts a lot.
    It was a reminder to get back to building and learning, as he always did. If you want something, you don't have to pay someone else for it. You can learn it yourself and do it yourself.

I've been slowly making progress on the coupe's engine. Screwed up the oil pump modifications and had to buy another. Need to finish modifying the pickup tube to fit the main cap girdle.
    Finally pulled the bed off my truck. It was.... wow it was way more rusted out than I had expected. Ordered some of that Rustoleum rust converter stuff to paint onto the frame and will be buying a flat bed for it in a couple weeks. Have an 8" stack that I've always wanted to put on the truck, just for giggles. Trying to get the exhaust off without mangling it, just to test out the stack. Doubt it will stay on haha.
    Also found out my cab mounts are 1,000% shot and need to be replaced. Which means it's time to pull the seats out, carpet up, and put sound deadener in the cab. Will also be repairing at least the driver seat while everything is out.

I uh.... man, I have my work cut out for me this summer lol

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I finally got around to getting the full exhaust pulled off of my AV8 today. It’s probably too loud for the fun errands I use it for but damn; doesn’t sound good! I’ll probably end up removing the mufflers and running straight pipes out the back for a Goldilocks sound. Or I might dab up some cutouts to pull the caps on cruise in nights!

AV8 Uncorked

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This has been the longest racing dry spell that I've had to endure for well over 20 years.
    Had to sit out last year waiting for the engine to get rebuilt. Got it in the car and of course NHRA made me aware of a chassis upgrade they are requiring to have it certified. So we been waiting to get into the chassis shop since early May. There's 1 bar in the driver's foot box that was built with 1 1/2" tubing but now is required to be 1 5/8" tubing. Have to cut out part of the floor and might have to re make the bar my brake pedal mounts to just to replace this 1 bar. Gotta love when they change rules that costs money and no way the 1/8" bigger tube is in any way substantially stronger.
    In just a couple weeks it will mark 2 years since I have been in the seat and it's driving me crazy.
    Now to add to it, I'm in the process of getting ready to move and get my house on the market.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Since we're reporting; been working on building fiberglass flares to cover my 13" wide front tires. I built the dummies, created a mold of the right side and this weekend I completed the first finished product which didn't turn out too bad! This is fresh out of the mold and still needs to be rough trimmed and wash off the release agent but after looking at it again this afternoon I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Jeff, apologies but I thought I had you saved in my contacts but couldn't find you. Of course I don't plan ahead so it would have been very short notice as I tend to be a little impulsive and do a LOT of things spur of the moment. I loved the process and am looking forward to stepping up my game and create a hood mold and create a carbon fiber version of the hood on the car once the other flare is created, both are installed, etc., etc., etc.

flare right top demolded.jpg

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    First time in this thread but I finally got a decent number out of my junk 2 weeks ago at streetcar take over. It's not the most impressive but it ran 12.88 at 103.8. I'm happy for what it is. Car was driven an hour and a half to the track. Car and most parts from the local junkyard assembled and modified by me.

The car. 1986 Cutlass weighting 3450 with driver. Motor is 123k mile 5.3 from a totaled suburban. Motor has only headers and smallest cam trick flow sells for a LS. Th400 manual valve body with trans brake.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Update on the truck:
    New cab mounts are (mostly) in.
    Sound deadener is in.
    New flat bed is installed.
    Exhaust is fixed.

All of these things made a HUGE difference in how the truck rides and sounds inside. I wish I had done all this years ago. At some point, I'll end up putting deadener in the doors and along the back wall of the truck. I might even pull out the headliner and put some up there, too. I'm also interested in finding a hood liner. I know these trucks come with a factory fabric liner, but they always get ripped off and I haven't had one in years.
    The last cab mounts are the ones at the core support - the bumper and tow hooks have to come off to get to these, and I didn't have time that week. Will be getting those replaced before winter.

Unfortunately, fixing the seat didn't make the cut. However, it's 4 bolts and 2 connectors to plop the seat out, so shouldn't be a big deal in the next month.

And naturally, now that all of that work is done, I had a power steering hose rub through last week and, for whatever reason, my starter or the cabling is acting up. If the truck is hot, the starter may or may not work. Let it cool, or sometimes just re-seat the negative battery cables, and it works again. Starter is literally only 2 months old, so I'm hoping there's just a weird issue with my grounds. I'll be diagnosing that tonight or tomorrow.

Imgur album below.

Top Bottom