• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I watched that this morning. Kevin seems to think of all kinds of stuff. A moving fuel cell for tuning the chassis? That's awesome.

And now for the complete opposite of that. This was at Cleetus and cars.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I watched that this morning. Kevin seems to think of all kinds of stuff. A moving fuel cell for tuning the chassis? That's awesome.

And now for the complete opposite of that. This was at Cleetus and cars.

That thing was so disorienting to watch drive around.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    This one checks most of the boxes for me and staying at a reasonable price. The wiring by the master cylinder has me a little nervous though and add in why the driver side reverse light is on and no one is in the car. Trying to find the time in the next couple days to take a closer look.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This one checks most of the boxes for me and staying at a reasonable price. The wiring by the master cylinder has me a little nervous though and add in why the driver side reverse light is on and no one is in the car. Trying to find the time in the next couple days to take a closer look.

That definitely has potential.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yeah looks like wiring was not there strong point. But one of the painless wiring kits are cheap.

No PS,PB or A/C has the evap core box for A/C.
    Fender wells and fenders do not look quite right IMO. Probably repos same with the trunk lid.

Check it out with a fine tooth comb look for rust in the cowl area everything should be straight for that $$.

CM will be along and give his sage old man advice. He was only like 50 when it was new!

IMO looks like a car someone built out of repo parts. Which is ok if you start with a good foundation.

Not trying to rain on your parade just giving my honest opinion.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Yeah the wiring looks suspect. The purpose of that battery disconnect in that location I imagine is because of a draw that kills the battery.

Looks like newer paint and chrome to dress it up, like Brad said check the window channels for rust or filler, particularly where the windshield meets the cowl area (look under the dash to see the unrepaired area). Take a small magnet and check it out.
    Could make a fun driver, as for the price I haven't really kept up on what they are going for.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Nice info. Brad. I'm just looking for a nice weekend toy to cruise around in. Likely add some of my own taste in wheels, suspension and such. I don't care about the A/C but PS and PB would be nice. I'm hoping it as disks in the front. I sent them a message asking for undercarriage pics and if it has disks up front. I'm not a real fan of the hood but it isn't too bad though.

I was planning on selling my 4th gen bird so that I could get a better 1st gen but I don't think that I can get rid of the bird. I've had it for 19 years, it's like a family member. So now setting my sights a little lower quality of a 1st gen and keeping the bird. Then I just need to figure out garage space since the wife refuses to park out side LOL. Also looking at 4 post lifts so I can stack them but my ceiling is only 9'. But there's nothing but attic above the garage so I should be able to add a tray ceiling in one bay to gain an extra foot or two.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The wiring is just ran free. Needs tie wrapped or put in convoluted tubing to finish it off. The door cards need attention. Hood gaps are off if you put an eye on it. Look at the rear window channels and in the corners under them in the trunk. These are the areas they leaked.
    As to the Reverse light.......no way to say until you can put an eyeball on it.

That car at the dealers has at least #5K or more mark up on it.

Like brad said, for that money it should be straight.

Last edited:

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Yeah the wiring looks suspect. The purpose of that battery disconnect in that location I imagine is because of a draw that kills the battery.

Looks like newer paint and chrome to dress it up, like Brad said check the window channels for rust or filler, particularly where the windshield meets the cowl area (look under the dash to see the unrepaired area). Take a small magnet and check it out.
    Could make a fun driver, as for the price I haven't really kept up on what they are going for.
    Duly noted! As usually prices seem to be crazy high on these, at least peoples asking prices seem just nuts. This is 1st one in awhile that I've seen in the upper 20's and seems decent in the pictures.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    oh hell, I just noticed in picture#11 there is a wire nut behind the reservoir. Not a good sign.

I also noticed the hood gap being off and they didn't even bother to put a rubber bumper on the hood stops. This could be a lip stick on a pig car.

We'll see if they communicate very well before making the trek down there. I got to see some more pics and more info.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The wiring is just ran free. Needs tie wrapped or put in convoluted tubing to finish it off. The door cards need attention. Hood gaps are off if you put an eye on it.

oh hell, I just noticed in picture#11 there is a wire nut behind the reservoir. Not a good sign.

I also noticed the hood gap being off and they didn't even bother to put a rubber bumper on the hood stops. This could be a lip stick on a pig car.

We'll see if they communicate very well before making the trek down there. I got to see some more pics and more info.
    Yup. That could be the dog house is not lined up properly or something underneath is off.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    So now you got me looking at Craigslist!
    I have way to many projects but look at this!

Wife said no way!
    At least my wife gave me permission but said I have to sale the bird....we'll see about that.

The camaro likely sold, it was listed on several pages but now gone.

I do have a line on another and I know the owner that has taken immaculate care of it for many years. The only problem is that it's a soft top. I just don't have any desire to own a vert.

Top Bottom