• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Brake update: driver rear locked up on me yesterday. I yanked the driver rear apart and found that the rotor was pretty locked onto the parking brake. Eureka, it's the parking brake! Yoinked the shoes and springs out of both sides and lubed up the slide pins and pad rails for both sides. The slide pins were a little on the gunky side, just like the front.

Welllllll that wasn't it. Driver rear locked up on me on a trip to a hotel up north.
    Guess I'm gonna buy a new hose, parts to make a hard line, and pull the caliper apart tomorrow night.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Heading to Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Ky tomorrow for the Buick GS Nationals. Looks to be great weather. This will be the first trip down in the GN. Car show, drags and swap meet. What a way to spend a Friday!
    Yeah rub it in! :xmad: :xmad: Although according to the boss our new neighbor has a GN so maybe. . . . . . . .

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Heading to Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Ky tomorrow for the Buick GS Nationals. Looks to be great weather. This will be the first trip down in the GN. Car show, drags and swap meet. What a way to spend a Friday!
    I went there a couple years. My brother and I have always been partial to the GS. My mom had a '67 GS 400 Convertible she bought new in 67. I was too young but my brother was at the age he got to drive it a lot.

I'm still mad at my mom for not letting me buy a '70 GS 350 4-speed car when I was in high school. I still remember it so vividly. Silver, black interior, chrome reverse wheels with baby moons. Guy at a transmission shop was selling it. He had just gone through the 4-speed. Could upshift and downshift through all the gears without using the clutch.

Mom said it would cost me too much in gas. Ugh. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bowling green hosted the division finals in out Bracket. We ran out of Edge Water. Made that trip 2 years in a row. Missed it the 1st year we ran there by a handful of points and the last year we went I came home to an empty house and Garage.
    The price we pay.....:):

I could get enough points to represent but man the cars in my bracket were mostly Index racers. Stock and SS guys. Made 2nd round 1st year and 2nd year there. Broke in the 3rd and just got my butt handed to me the other time. But what a great place.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Had a good turnout down at Beech Bend. They had a lot of GS cars and a pretty good chunk of GN's. I took a buddy with me. He kept telling everyone we tried to leave earlier but couldn't figure out which black car was mine. I entered it in the car show so I could park in the track with the other cars. We left a few hours before they gave out awards. I wasn't ashamed of mine at all but there was a couple of GN's that were really nice. They did trailer theirs in and mine made the 5 hour round trip there and back. :cool: Some bad boys at the drag strip. They had some fast 10 second cars and a few hitting quicker that that. I think the fastest guys were yet to run too. All and all a pretty good day. The weather was perfect. Came home and met the wives and some friends for beer and pizza. Probably should be pizza and beer but you know, call it like you see it. A much needed day of awesomeness! Thank you Lord for the blessing today.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Have you ran it...???
    Played around on the road with one of the draggy units. Ran a 13.22. I can turn up the boost but the 13.22 was roasting the tires. I need to get more traction to do any better. It's a 112K car so I'm trying real hard not to kill it. If/when I get into the engine and trans it will come back a low 12 second car. I want a driver not a drag car. If I decide to drag it will be a something a little more "normal". These cars can be temperamental.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Played around on the road with one of the draggy units. Ran a 13.22. I can turn up the boost but the 13.22 was roasting the tires. I need to get more traction to do any better. It's a 112K car so I'm trying real hard not to kill it. If/when I get into the engine and trans it will come back a low 12 second car. I want a driver not a drag car. If I decide to drag it will be a something a little more "normal". These cars can be temperamental.
    Brother I know it. Not done a lot with the street and the Buick but I have a serious history with that series engine in an open wheel car with wings.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I spent the weekend at Putnam Park working a corner. 10/10ths car club was there. A great variety of cars from Miatas to a new Mercedes super car. Saw every gen of Corvette except C1 and C3. Saw two stock cars that were lapping everyone. I’m not a fan of the new Corvette but they sure go good on the track and sound really good when going and shifting.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom