• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was listening to the podcast Summit Racing puts on. One of the guests was talking about his minibike with the 212 cc Honda clone engine. (Same on little Tanker has for his go-cart). There is a huge aftermarket for this thing. You can get 26 horse out of it. Cams, carbs, valves, ported heads, exhaust..... yeah. It goes on. These things can get to 9,000 RPM.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was listening to the podcast Summit Racing puts on. One of the guests was talking about his minibike with the 212 cc Honda clone engine. (Same on little Tanker has for his go-cart). There is a huge aftermarket for this thing. You can get 26 horse out of it. Cams, carbs, valves, ported heads, exhaust..... yeah. It goes on. These things can get to 9,000 RPM.
    Start 'em young, train 'em right. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good fun Yeah?!

Been working on my project too trying to get it on tires and wheels. It'll be off the rotisserie and on the lift tomorrow. I'd like to keep it on the rotisserie a little longer but being homemade I don't want to test the load rating as more parts are getting mounted and it gets heavier

Pics when it’s on the lift.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I learned Sunday that was using tapered seat spark pugs on a flat seat head. I know that doesn't explain my issues but could that explain why it always sounded like an exhaust leak up front? Only pulled one plg to check what it was. Pug was completely black and fouled.
    That’s your sick hole. For what ever reason. Or you could have more.
    I had a set of deep reach plug Dart heads I bought from a friend. I tore them down and he had standard reach taper plugs in them. Sent off to have fresher up and I did some port work on them never looking at the holes for the plugs. I put the same part number plug back in it. Car ran a bit off and did not respond to timing/tuning. Go figure.
    I found the problem at the track and wanted to use the plug ratchet on my forehead. Ugh what a dumbass.
    Had a spare set of plugs in the trailer from another engine. They were a touch cold but man that car picked up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here's the skinny - 2000 Saleen. Kennebell supercharger. Something like 450 at the wheels. Cobra irs - looks to have a full Maximum Motorsports setup. Tubular front K-member with all MM coils and components. Willwood brakes front and rear. It needs tires, but my wheels and tires should work, so long as fitment isn't an issue.
    Reminder that this isn't my car. I'll be running it in autocross events, probably for the rest of the year.

The diff has a leak and needs to be sealed. The speedo stopped working, but I think it's a bad/disconnected connector. And it makes an odd noise when I turn left and right. It sounds like some kind of binding? Need to figure out what that is.
    That will be a serious step up for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But for how long.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hopefully someone like Terry will buy Muncie.
    Spent some time at Muncie in late 60’s and through the 70’s. It needed a lot of work. We were always faster there by just a tic. Had a 2 day race and we camped at the track. It came to conversation as to why we might be a 10th or better faster there.
    Buddy had a monster long construction tape measure. 4 of those nuts actually measured off the track. They say it’s 40’ short. I asked how much stretch they put on that tape measuring device.
    :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

That’s cooking.
    Growing up we tried different power on the crappy mini bikes of the day. Techumpsie (Sp) Briggs and the last one we did had my last spare GoCart motor on it just because we had all the parts.
    West bend chain saw engine with some work done. That thing scared all us pretty bad. Brakes were buggy drag style and it was way to fast.
    One of the crazier kids in the hood had to have it and traded his Honda 90 with a bad clutch and no chain for it.
    He crashed it so many times his mom took it away from him and threw it away.
    Crazy :poop: kids do.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Not saying it can’t be done but 400 wheel is normally the “safe” stopping point for those engines. The pistons return to their original powder form.
    So it turns out the buddy who gave me info in a prior post actually knows the guy who built this car. He confirmed it made 450 at the tire a few years back. Still unsure if it has any internal upgrades.

The weekend went off the rails, along with some hot-garbage customer service from a local diesel shop, meaning I never got around to getting the Saleen in the garage so I could fix the rear diff leak. Loading up tonight for that.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I ordered some 2 AWG wire to run a new alternator wire back to the battery. It came in today so I am hopefully going to run that tonight.

Stuff that was run when I bought the car was probably 10 AWG. When the car was running voltage never went above 13.9v and when the fans kicked on it would got down to 13.3-13.5v. Hoping the new 2 AWG will fix that.

I also need to finished rolling the fender lip back so the new 275/60-15s don't rub.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom