• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've got a dilemma; I've always had a problem with vapor lock with the old racecar which after re-routing the fuel line several times and adding a cool can finally took care of the problem, this is with the Holley adjustable pressure pump. So this time around I've thought about doing this:

fuel line install.jpg
    fuel line install 1.jpg
    It would take care of my vapor lock problem once and for all, it's one piece from bulkhead to bulkhead and it's legal per the rules. Given the use of the car, were I to be in an "offroad excursion" bad enough to damage the integrity of the install I'd probably already be dead.

In spite of all that I'm still. . . . . . leary. Thoughts?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've got a dilemma; I've always had a problem with vapor lock with the old racecar which after re-routing the fuel line several times and adding a cool can finally took care of the problem, this is with the Holley adjustable pressure pump. So this time around I've thought about doing this:

View attachment 214106
    View attachment 214107
    It would take care of my vapor lock problem once and for all, it's one piece from bulkhead to bulkhead and it's legal per the rules. Given the use of the car, were I to be in an "offroad excursion" bad enough to damage the integrity of the install I'd probably already be dead.

I see why you might be concerned but is it not more shielded in the car than exposed along the bottom where any number of things could happen to it. You would have to drive it off a building to do enough damage to get into that line I would think.
    So you are running an injection system. You will love that especially in the racing you do.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

View attachment 214106
    View attachment 214107

As long as it meets the rules, I really don't see an issue with it. Especially being a solid lin rather than AN hose. I would probably make sure your right foot won't be getting into it when working the throttle pedal it kinda looks close in the pictures.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    As long as it meets the rules, I really don't see an issue with it. Especially being a solid lin rather than AN hose. I would probably make sure your right foot won't be getting into it when working the throttle pedal it kinda looks close in the pictures.
    Yeah I was looking at that in the picture last night, the aluminum tubing is fairly forgiving so I'm going to pull it back out and roll that portion up on top of the hump.

I was just talking to a sprint car buddy about it as well and he said the fuel pump in his car is essentially between his feet with several connections in the cockpit. If it's good enough for alcohol and sprint cars I'm feeling better about it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I was looking at that in the picture last night, the aluminum tubing is fairly forgiving so I'm going to pull it back out and roll that portion up on top of the hump.

I was just talking to a sprint car buddy about it as well and he said the fuel pump in his car is essentially between his feet with several connections in the cockpit. If it's good enough for alcohol and sprint cars I'm feeling better about it.
    I don't see any problems with it. But in all fairness on a sprint car it's not like they have much room for it anywhere else. Besides those guys practically have the fuel cell bolted to the seat.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not that it would make much difference but why not run it down the passenger side of the hump and then cut over in the rear? Then it would be completely out of your way.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I know people at Drag Week and whatnot give Cleetus a hard time because he’s a rich YouTuber who can afford to build pretty much whatever he wants and compete at events. And I get that to some degree.

But He is a legitimate wheelman. Never raced jet-boats before in his life and goes out and sets the fastest time of the whole day in his class.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I know people at Drag Week and whatnot give Cleetus a hard time because he’s a rich YouTuber who can afford to build pretty much whatever he wants and compete at events. And I get that to some degree.

But He is a legitimate wheelman. Never raced jet-boats before in his life and goes out and sets the fastest time of the whole day in his class.

Just watched this on my lunch break. Super impressive! I have watched some of these boats before but never looked into how they navigate the track. That takes some real skill.

I'm a huge Cleetus fan. Sure he can now pretty much buy whatever he wants or build the badest race car but money can't solve everything. They still run into so many issues while racing just like everyone else.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I like the sound those engines put out.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I started watching Street Outlaws End Game. Seems interesting.
    That Chevelle that Ryan and his guys built is absolutely beautifully done.
    Kye took a while to find his direction but the Regal (I think is what he ended up with) will no doubt be a serious street machine. I have heard that since he decided to no use the othe Camero he bought, he is allegedly putting that SBF he got from BES (Tony Bischoff) in that car as a small tire no prep car to run some Dirty South races. Time will tell how that pans out. I have heard from a very knowledgeable source, that SBF is 461ci making in the area of 1,000hp with some Edelbrock heads that Tony helped develop and will handle a stout dose of spray.
    Should be interesting to see how Axe man, Shaun and JJ's come together.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom