• ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I feel this strongly.
    Rods showed up today. No word on the pistons yet.
    Ordered my stainless steel Flowmaster catback for the convertible on June 9th with a June 17 ship date. Then a June 24 ship date. Then a June 29 ship date. Then a JULY 23 ship date. Cancel the order please. No problem but your refund could take up to 2 WEEKS to clear the bank.

REALLY?

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Ordered my stainless steel Flowmaster catback for the convertible on June 9th with a June 17 ship date. Then a June 24 ship date. Then a June 29 ship date. Then a JULY 23 ship date. Cancel the order please. No problem but your refund could take up to 2 WEEKS to clear the bank.

REALLY?
    That's why I wasn't gonna bother with anything out of stock. The only reason I bothered with the DSS pistons - lack of options and the sales guy was extremely confident that they'd ship within a week. Well... He wasn't wrong. 4 days.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    That's why I wasn't gonna bother with anything out of stock. The only reason I bothered with the DSS pistons - lack of options and the sales guy was extremely confident that they'd ship within a week. Well... He wasn't wrong. 4 days.
    I hear ya! When I hit the "Confirm" button it showed to be in stock. I thought I could go a week but this is ridiculous. Went to my local muffler shop and he said no sweat but he's leaving for Florida and won't be back until the 17th. :ugh:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I hear ya! When I hit the "Confirm" button it showed to be in stock. I thought I could go a week but this is ridiculous. Went to my local muffler shop and he said no sweat but he's leaving for Florida and won't be back until the 17th. :ugh:
    The fun never ends, man.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

REALLY?
    Strange. It only took them under 24 hrs to snatch the money up from the card yes.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It has begun.

Need some metal for an engine mount. Some square tubing will work. Looking into a local supply for that. The clutch is ordered too.
    View attachment 210520
    View attachment 210519
    Good fun Yeah?!

Been working on my project too trying to get it on tires and wheels. It'll be off the rotisserie and on the lift tomorrow. I'd like to keep it on the rotisserie a little longer but being homemade I don't want to test the load rating as more parts are getting mounted and it gets heavier.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Pistons showed up today. Taking a trip to Quinlinn on Monday.
    Also, temporary racecar is in the trailer. We've been rushing around so I didn't get to snap any pictures. Will do so tonight.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    What’s INGO’s favorite sound? The Sauber C9 has a great V8 rumble but the Pagani just sounds otherworldly.

Also, for those who haven’t heard of the McMurtry Spierling, it’s an EV with “fan-car” technology. It’s like a reverse hovercraft. It uses fans to suction itself to the road and create downforce rather than big aero wings that create lots of drag. It can create max downforce at 0mph. Unbelievably quick.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Here's the skinny - 2000 Saleen. Kennebell supercharger. Something like 450 at the wheels. Cobra irs - looks to have a full Maximum Motorsports setup. Tubular front K-member with all MM coils and components. Willwood brakes front and rear. It needs tires, but my wheels and tires should work, so long as fitment isn't an issue.
    Reminder that this isn't my car. I'll be running it in autocross events, probably for the rest of the year.

The diff has a leak and needs to be sealed. The speedo stopped working, but I think it's a bad/disconnected connector. And it makes an odd noise when I turn left and right. It sounds like some kind of binding? Need to figure out what that is.

Attachments

• 20220710_134333.jpg
      20220710_134333.jpg
      373.9 KB · Views: 8
    • 20220710_134343.jpg
      20220710_134343.jpg
      348 KB · Views: 8
    • 20220710_134354.jpg
      20220710_134354.jpg
      591.4 KB · Views: 8

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Here's the skinny - 2000 Saleen. Kennebell supercharger. Something like 450 at the wheels. Cobra irs - looks to have a full Maximum Motorsports setup. Tubular front K-member with all MM coils and components. Willwood brakes front and rear. It needs tires, but my wheels and tires should work, so long as fitment isn't an issue.
    Reminder that this isn't my car. I'll be running it in autocross events, probably for the rest of the year.

The diff has a leak and needs to be sealed. The speedo stopped working, but I think it's a bad/disconnected connector. And it makes an odd noise when I turn left and right. It sounds like some kind of binding? Need to figure out what that is.

Is it a stock 2V? 450 is pushing it on a stock engine.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I "think" on the IRS to fix a diff cover leak you have to drop the cradle down from the rear. Drop the exhaust, disconnect the brake line, pull the drive shaft then remove the two rear mounts from the frame and let it swing down. Then whatever it takes to actually remove the diff. I'm going to have to do it on mine but I'm going to wait until I have the full bushing kit and do both at the same time.

I SHOULD have done it before I completed the IRS install but I was Jonesin' to get the car put back together.

So I could wait two more friggin' months for the back ordered exhaust! :ugh:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I learned Sunday that was using tapered seat spark pugs on a flat seat head. I know that doesn't explain my issues but could that explain why it always sounded like an exhaust leak up front? Only pulled one plg to check what it was. Pug was completely black and fouled.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Not saying it can’t be done but 400 wheel is normally the “safe” stopping point for those engines. The pistons return to their original powder form.
    I'll happily admit that I know nothing about these engines. Well, mostly nothing. I have a buddy who's quite knowledgeable. He says 450 is the safe max, but I bet he was talking crank and not wheel. That would translate to roughly 400 wheel.
    I think I got that 450 number from when the owner got this car, and he's not the most car literate person in the world. He could have been talking safe max as well. Or maybe the previous owner blew some smoke... No idea. All I know, the thing freakin rips. As long as it's tuned safely (pretty sure it is), I'm happy to borrow it for the year and get some seat time in with a car that should be fast. Think I'll leave out the HP numbers from now on, until I know what they truly are lol

I "think" on the IRS to fix a diff cover leak you have to drop the cradle down from the rear. Drop the exhaust, disconnect the brake line, pull the drive shaft then remove the two rear mounts from the frame and let it swing down. Then whatever it takes to actually remove the diff. I'm going to have to do it on mine but I'm going to wait until I have the full bushing kit and do both at the same time.

I SHOULD have done it before I completed the IRS install but I was Jonesin' to get the car put back together.

So I could wait two more friggin' months for the back ordered exhaust! :ugh:
    Yeah, it's gonna be a PITA to do this. I was gonna do it in the driveway yesterday until I realized how much I had to drop. It's possible to get the diff out without dropping the entire cradle. I bought a car cover from Jegs so I can put my convertible back outside and bring this one in and do the work in the garage instead of diesel/oil covered asphalt that's been baking under the sun.
    Feel free to come by one night this week and watch me fumble around for a few hours lmao

Top Bottom