Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So today we pulled the Olds engine out and started to hang the trans.

Converter is not a major brand name but it is pretty well made. It has the Nitrous balloon plate and a sever duty mount plate. Probably 3K stall.
    JJBAKx8.jpg

Picking the thing up off the transport stand. I made that for a Chevy (imagine that) but with a bit of tweaking it fit up to the Olds.

luOnFkJ.jpg

5 attempts to get everything lined up and mounted. The ARP flex plate bolts were to long. That was fun. The severe duty mount plate on the converter hit the weight on the flex plate. The Olds is externally balanced. Had to clearance 2 of the bolt ears. More fun. Finally, all dressed up and ready to be delivered.

7biPDid.jpg

Not a bad looking package.

DhRL2Jv.jpg

I am taking this to the resto shop where the car is. I have repeatedly had issues getting this numskull to pay me when I ask to be caught up on the labor. I have texted him twice this week. He knows I get paid as I go. To wait and lay a big bill on people they want to haggle. I do not haggle. I do not chase people for money either.

If this had not turned out so nice it might come out of the truck bed during transport.......:cool:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Do people swap the LS motor into everything?

I personally witnessed a Pinto with a LS !

Chevys Everywhere!

Did anyone tell CM he built a 350 Olds?
    Or should we not say anything because of his advanced age!

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Chevys Everywhere!

Pretty much yes LS swaps everywhere. The LS platform is pretty much the cheap performance whore right now. You can pick one up on about any corner. They are cheap, used, and abused..often been rhode hard and put up wet. But when you freshen it up, give it a few well placed bolt ons they make good power. They are cheap, easy and everyone can put their hands on it. Lol

Yeah he built an olds as a special project/favor. But from the outside looking in he has put up with a bunch of BS from the owner

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am blessed when it comes to money but I love a great budget build!
    I saw a awesome S - 10 blazer build with a 5.3 LS I would do one but I have no garage space left.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 58833

I guess me and my wife have a different path!

Said it before. I am not a dodge fan. I can appreciate some of what they have done and are trying to do. But I'm sorry, the Challenger is still just a Charger that has had the wheel base stretched a few inches and they bolted on a different body....basically it's a factory kit car. <-fact was told first hand by Dodge engineers

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I take ya for a ride in the wife's Hellcat if you don't smile you are not American!

My Scat Pack will make you smile just sitting in it!

I traded a Mustang in on the scat Pack I may not have the count right but I have owned 6 Mustangs form 1990 till present.
    They do not have the feel of the 60, or 70,s

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I take ya for a ride in the wife's Hellcat if you don't smile you are not American!

My Scat Pack will make you smile just sitting in it!

I traded a Mustang in on the scat Pack I may not have the count right but I have owned 6 Mustangs form 1990 till present.
    They do not have the feel of the 60, or 70,s

I'm sure the hellcat is fun to drive, and yes for the street has more than enough power...still a kit car to me.
    Scat pack, that's their non street legal version correct? If So, honestly..meh doesn't really impress me. It's ok for a factory racecar but honestly still prefer the CobraJet Mustang. But with either of those it's just about styling cues. For the money I can have a better chassis built and make more power and not have a cookie cutter car.
    I would hope none of them have the feel of a 60s-70s Mustang. Engineered completely different but done right, they are a joy to turn corners and rip up the streets in. And when built for the strip there's nothing out there with more available parts options.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Chevys Everywhere!

Pretty much yes LS swaps everywhere. The LS platform is pretty much the cheap performance whore right now. You can pick one up on about any corner. They are cheap, used, and abused..often been rhode hard and put up wet. But when you freshen it up, give it a few well placed bolt ons they make good power. They are cheap, easy and everyone can put their hands on it. Lol

Yeah he built an olds as a special project/favor. But from the outside looking in he has put up with a bunch of BS from the owner

What TC said!! Hell if I hadn't been looking for a quick way to get the Galaxie back on the road (Yeah, RIGHT!) I had given serious thought to an LS conversion but I just didn't want to deal with the electronics package! The neighbor just unloaded an 01 chevy 1/2 ton 4wd with a 6.0 LS, running for $300. Running well enough to drive for a time while sorting everything out anyway. Unfortunately the 4wd portion would have meant sourcing a transmission, etc. but they're out there and CHEAP.

A co-workers kid is building one and should have been at Bunker Hill this weekend getting his license because they're planning on a 6 second 1/8th mile car with only a turbo and some fancy injection system, they never have had the pan off of it. Jr. hasn't had much luck though as he keeps letting daddy drive the build in a direction it shouldn't be going with his zero experience with cars; he's over boosted one, smoked a couple of transmissions with another one and who knows what happened this weekend good or bad?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom