• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Does anyone pay attention to speed limits any more?

We had thought about Pigeon Forge this year but decided against it. We drove thru on our way to Panama City this spring and it appears they have some type of rod run almost every weekend as there were plenty of cars still there from the past weekend. I think that might be a good starting point if you were looking to buy a new toy.

Hmmm. . .. . . . .

Shades is this weekend. There will be thousands of cars here this weekend. It is still legal to ride in the bed of a truck in TN so lots of people riding around all weekend long.

Lots of cars to see.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    67 LeMans down the street from my mom's place.
    I talked to the gent on it.
    It's supposed to be a good daily driver. Extra parts, new interior, etc.
    Horrible paint that Earl Schieb would hide from.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Huge car show in Frankenmuth Michigan this weekend. On Friday they are expecting 100,000 spectators. Hotel rooms are booked out five years in advance, but very cool to go just for the day.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    HHhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm......wonder where the low miles 440 came from. Hope not a motor home...:):

I guess I'm old and square. I hate the look of the rims, jacked up like it's from the hills of Arkansas and when I read "body work 90% done" scares the heck of me.
    I don't want to buy a dressed up sow.
    That 440 could be from 3 decades and "umpteen" options.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess I'm old and square. I hate the look of the rims, jacked up like it's from the hills of Arkansas and when I read "body work 90% done" scares the heck of me.
    I don't want to buy a dressed up sow.
    That 440 could be from 3 decades and "umpteen" options.

Trust when I get twitchy over the body work thing.
    I have Ceramic light duty magnets. I know where to put them. If the stick....move along....If the do not stick.........Yup, move along as in see-ya.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Trust when I get twitchy over the body work thing.
    I have Ceramic light duty magnets. I know where to put them. If the stick....move along....If the do not stick.........Yup, move along as in see-ya.

I did body work and restorations, customs, and totals for over 50 years starting in the days of lead.
    I can pick apart about 95% of any car's flaws without the magnets, or magic mirrors.
    I just wish people would put fair prices on these vehicles.
    Some "Joe" buys an old car out of the neighbor's yard, spends a bunch of money on it because he's friggen' clueless what it really takes to bring an old car back from the grave.
    They dump a bunch of money into it and don't have the skill set to bring an old car to respectable condition. When the realization comes about that they can't do it they decide to put it on Craigslist thinking it's worth a small fortune.
    Just because they dump TOO MUCH MONEY into it they expect ANOTHER FOOL to bail their ass out.
    It's a sad old game with a lot of new players that haven't been educated yet.
    I'm not 17 and I'm not driving an old worn out car just 'cause it might have been cool at one time

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did body work and restorations, customs, and totals for over 50 years starting in the days of lead.
    I can pick apart about 95% of any car's flaws without the magnets, or magic mirrors.
    I just wish people would put fair prices on these vehicles.
    Some "Joe" buys an old car out of the neighbor's yard, spends a bunch of money on it because he's friggen' clueless what it really takes to bring an old car back from the grave.
    They dump a bunch of money into it and don't have the skill set to bring an old car to respectable condition. When the realization comes about that they can't do it they decide to put it on Craigslist thinking it's worth a small fortune.
    Just because they dump TOO MUCH MONEY into it they expect ANOTHER FOOL to bail their ass out.
    It's a sad old game with a lot of new players that haven't been educated yet.
    I'm not 17 and I'm not driving an old worn out car just 'cause it might have been cool at one time

Yeah I do not have those creds but I have sawed a few apart and put-em back together in my day. I spot stuff most do not see. I am well past being blinded by the car.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I cannot stand bad bodywork my wife and myself have participated in several car shows this year. At least 50% of the older cars have crappy bodywork and paint. It's sad to me some of them are rare pieces one was a original 71 Z28 that looked like a 5th grader had completed the paint another was a 65 Impala SS with a 409 which I had to google to prove it was real I thought the last 409,s were in 64. Sweet car no options bench seat 4 speed that thing had some of the worst bodywork ever covered by a great paint job?
    Whats the point if you are tight on money get the best bodywork possible and then just do a nice single stage paint.

CM I can help collect $$ by running around in the background acting like a "crackhead" in a dirty pair of underwear screaming strange movie quotes at random.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I cannot stand bad bodywork my wife and myself have participated in several car shows this year. At least 50% of the older cars have crappy bodywork and paint. It's sad to me some of them are rare pieces one was a original 71 Z28 that looked like a 5th grader had completed the paint another was a 65 Impala SS with a 409 which I had to google to prove it was real I thought the last 409,s were in 64. Sweet car no options bench seat 4 speed that thing had some of the worst bodywork ever covered by a great paint job?
    Whats the point if you are tight on money get the best bodywork possible and then just do a nice single stage paint.

CM I can help collect $$ by running around in the background acting like a "crackhead" in a dirty pair of underwear screaming strange movie quotes at random.

Say yes! Say yes! I wanna watch because as they say "Dis gon be gud!":rockwoot:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    We all know street racing is a bad idea and I would NEVER EVER, ever, ever, ever,................ do any of it:rolleyes: but I found this funny as ....
    Scottsburg IN. a couple of kids drag racing through town and got caught. Police asked one of them if he had any idea how fast they were going. His reply was "no idea how fast he was going BUT it was faster than the other guy..........":rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stupid but I would have let him go with a warning with that response.

Again I don't condone this action and I never ever would do something stupid like street racing:):

Link to article
    The Giveaway

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

People get in a hurry sometimes.
    Then there are the folks that want to do it all. You know, hobbyist that really think this is easy. Smear out some mud over the holes. Easy peasy. Then when they lay on the paint and see the high and low spots everywhere they are confused as they saw those guys build an entire car in a 1 hour reality TV show.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We all know street racing is a bad idea and I would NEVER EVER, ever, ever, ever,................ do any of it:rolleyes: but I found this funny as ....
    Scottsburg IN. a couple of kids drag racing through town and got caught. Police asked one of them if he had any idea how fast they were going. His reply was "no idea how fast he was going BUT it was faster than the other guy..........":rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stupid but I would have let him go with a warning with that response.

Again I don't condone this action and I never ever would do something stupid like street racing:):

Link to article
    The Giveaway

I'm with you. . .that would have been a pass!:rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom