• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The administration just proved their own duplicity yet again. They offered a major defense package to Israel for their security after the Iran deal.

Benjamin Netanyahu rejected the aid and had the perfect reply:
    Why should we need to be compensated if the deal is supposed to make us safer?

As major technology, cyber and defense producers, I look for Israel to start working much harder on ties to Russia, India, China and several Arab states.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The administration just proved their own duplicity yet again. They offered a major defense package to Israel for their security after the Iran deal.

Benjamin Netanyahu rejected the aid and had the perfect reply:

As major technology, cyber and defense producers, I look for Israel to start working much harder on ties to Russia, India, China and several Arab states.

I will start with your good assessment and add that at the present it would seem that they do not have a viable alternative. At least the first three of the aforementioned foreign entities have a long tradition of pragmatic leadership where we do not in spite of having been an ally over a good many years, most of the time. Unfortunately, the advent of Carter 2.0, a whole lot louder and a whole lot worse, along with continued clamoring from the left to pacify if not outright support the jihadis, even if we return to a more reasonable administration, if Israel continues to rely on us, it will be relying on a foundation of sand subject to change dramatically without warning. I am also guessing that the Israelis have paid sufficient attention to realize that as I explored in another thread, our supposedly conservative legislators have grouped just to the right of the 50 yard line, while the leftists have grouped closer to the 20 yard line near their own goal, demonstrating that any pro-Israel stance is most likely going to be almost all talk and posturing and very little action. By contrast, the left is very likely to make good on their talk and posturing given the opportunity as Obama has been demonstrating with agonizing regularity.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Kerry's comments the day after the US Air Force bombs 20 sites in Iran: "Hey, we gave it our best shot. We did our best."

McCain: "Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb-bomb Iran....."

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If law enforcement in the US was like the Iran deal:

0p04x6z.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Last edited:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    ^^^ So anything the UN security council passes, we must go along? So at this point really, the UN runs stuff? We need to get out of the UN completely. The more i learn the less time i think this country has.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Well hopefully Iran gets a nuke soon, I rather it be sooner than later. If they do decide to use it I hope its at least in New York or California kinda the karma thing

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why the people in the house of representatives think they have any say in the matter is beyond me.
    The power of the purse strings. State Department's budget goes through Congress, last I checked. There may be other particulars that require US financial support. Those are vulnerable to congressional intervention.

I'm not saying it would be a good idea to defund things, just saying Congress has a role.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The power of the purse strings. State Department's budget goes through Congress, last I checked. There may be other particulars that require US financial support. Those are vulnerable to congressional intervention.

I'm not saying it would be a good idea to defund things, just saying Congress has a role.
    Not in the approval of the treaty. That's not how things are set up. Only the senate has a say and it looks like their hands may well be already tied by previous legislation and UN membership.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not in the approval of the treaty. That's not how things are set up. Only the senate has a say and it looks like their hands may well be already tied by previous legislation and UN membership.
    Yes, but that doesn't mean the larger Congress can't be interested in that machination, or have opinions on how they will respond. ;)

Top Bottom