• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Not omniscient, but they know their jobs and both ended up saying the same thing. I'll take their word over that of some politicians looking to be re-elected.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, considering that both the CIA and Mossad have said they weren't pursuing a nuclear weapon, I'd say the chicken Little's are on the losing side of the argument.

Cause they're never wrong.
    You know, like when they totally predicted the fall of the Berlin wall.

And their prediction on the Soviets getting the hydrogen bomb was off by more than 10 years.

And their prediction on North Korea was off.

Missed the 6 day war.
    Actually, they missed most of the invasions Isreal suffered.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are overlooking some facts. First, and perhaps most significant, is that the North Koreans have not managed to engineer a workable delivery system. There is also question about how effective their bombs may be. After all, to the extent we could spy on them, their tests seem to feature low-order detonations. Second, Little Kim, like dad and grandpa, may shoot off some lip but still operates a very reclusive regime. They have no expansionist designs, or at least understand that they lack the ability to make good on them, and would appear more interested into using nuclear capability as a bargaining chip, probably to get enough food for most people to eat twice a week rather than only once.

By contrast, Iran has made some clear threats to exponentially increase hostility that it already supports to the best of its ability. Do you really want to see how well this works out for both us and Israel--after all, that covers the top 2 spots on Iran's hit list. I would also remind you that Iran does act on expansionist designs through proxies and given the opportunity directly. There is a reason why Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and the gulf states are all scared sh*tless of Iran.

Dave, they do have a missile with the range to hit our NW coast. No one knows (or is admitting they know) the sophistication, and therefor the weight, of their bombs which might limit the range of said missile when weaponized. To do us a great deal of harm they only have to get the weapon to low orbit and detonate over the US (EMP). I agree with you that NKorea for all the crazy does not seem suicidal about using nukes. Suicidal, however, would seem to be the hallmark of some forces in the middle east. 'Ware of those crazy enough to use this technology when they get it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Dave, they do have a missile with the range to hit our NW coast. No one knows (or is admitting they know) the sophistication, and therefor the weight, of their bombs which might limit the range of said missile when weaponized. To do us a great deal of harm they only have to get the weapon to low orbit and detonate over the US (EMP). I agree with you that NKorea for all the crazy does not seem suicidal about using nukes. Suicidal, however, would seem to be the hallmark of some forces in the middle east. 'Ware of those crazy enough to use this technology when they get it.

Last I heard their missiles made the Edsel seem reliable by comparison, but then again, I haven't followed the topic for some time. I would say that you are right all the way around.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unfortunately I'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers to hit israel with a nuclear suicide truck bomb, even though that would kill more palestinians than israel ever did.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Unfortunately I'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers to hit israel with a nuclear suicide truck bomb, even though that would kill more palestinians than israel ever did.

Absolutely right, even if not fitting the 'narrative'. No shortage of volunteers and no shortage of dead Palestinians. Of course, that doesn't really matter. What most people on our side of the pond don't want to understand is that so far as the realm of Islamic politics is concerned, the Palestinians are their version of trailer trash which is one reason that no Arab country will allow them to permanently settle within its borders (as opposed to hosting refugee camps). They are, however, convenient political footballs which play well with western idiots, so they are valuable as tools even if not valued as human beings.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dick Durbin on Senate floor now repeatedly calling Iran deal a "treaty"

If it was a treaty, you'd need 67 votes to pass it.

Also, partners in peace! Breaking, on CNN: "Iran Warship Points Weapon at U.S. Helicopter" in Gulf of Aden

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    See what making a bad deal for the sake of saying that you made a deal can get you. This stupid deal just might put the match to the powder keg.

Top Bottom