• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obama giving a speech on the Iran deal right now. It's classic Obama. No answers, just droning on hoping for partial credit.

It's a really, really bad speech... and even those on the left are saying the same.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    And he's the most honest President ever. "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan. Period." I don't see why we shouldn't just trust him.

Yeah, we kind of have to go agree with the plan so we can see what's really inside it or what might happen.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Bah, I don't listen to him anymore. I still think that this deal forestalls an immediate (1 year to 3 year) crisis with Iran.

We don't need to be there. Let's work on shrinking back Islamism.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Major Garrett asked if Obama was content Americans were left behind by his administration in Iran

Obama responded "Major, It’s nonsense. And you should know better."

Damn, how dare you ask the President a question at a press conference. What a tool.

He's not answering the media. He's lecturing them and Americans on behalf of Iran.

Edit: And the Golden Knee-Pads Award goes to Politico

Barack Obama shuts down reporter: 'You should know better'

These people are a travesty.

Edit2: Hold the phone... we have a challenger. ThinkProgress can't get their lips off his ass, holy ****

"Obama heroically prevents reporter from diverting news conference about Iran to Donald Trump"

https://twitter.com/thinkprogress/status/621380462188044289

Edit3: Days like today make me seethe with rage about our media. CNN focusing on the important parts of the joke of a speech about Iran.

CJ-ibgUVAAA8pWJ.jpg:large

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I try not to listen to him anymore. All I hear is "I blah blah blah, me blah blah blah, teabaggers, blah blah blah, me blah blah blah. Period."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It is not about legacy.It is doing the most damage that he can do while fooling the most people into thinking he cares about this country. When Jimmy Carter makes since,you know something is wrong. ALLAHU AKBAR?
    Obama is looking for quantity, not necessarily quality. Good or bad he is definitely trying to leave his mark.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Bah, I don't listen to him anymore. I still think that this deal forestalls an immediate (1 year to 3 year) crisis with Iran.

We don't need to be there. Let's work on shrinking back Islamism.

I actually believe that is the entire point of all this. Obama can hold up his Chamberlain document, and have peace until he gets out. When this whole situation blows up (hopefully not literally) in the new president's lap, everyone can point at Obama's success while the presumably Republican (or Hillary, who he hates) President takes it in the shorts for his or her lack of leadership leading to a crisis. It's not that he's trying to create a crisis, don't get me wrong. It's just that he is kicking it just far enough down the road to keep it from hurting his legacy, without actually solving the problem, which would require him to look unreasonable.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not really. There are a billion reasons why the Iran situation isn't similar to the North Korean one.

I'm only interested in the one where leadership negotiates with people to get them out of the nuc bomb business and then starts spouting off about "peace in our time" success only to have them build a bomb any way. Clinton got a pass on the korean fiasco, I don't think obie will be treated as well.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I actually believe that is the entire point of all this. Obama can hold up his Chamberlain document, and have peace until he gets out. When this whole situation blows up (hopefully not literally) in the new president's lap, everyone can point at Obama's success while the presumably Republican (or Hillary, who he hates) President takes it in the shorts for his or her lack of leadership leading to a crisis. It's not that he's trying to create a crisis, don't get me wrong. It's just that he is kicking it just far enough down the road to keep it from hurting his legacy, without actually solving the problem, which would require him to look unreasonable.
    Exactly my point. Obama is looking in the short term regarding his legacy. He just wants to show that HIS administration was the one to strike a deal with Iran when others couldn't. Doesn't matter if it was a good deal. Same with Obamacare.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Exactly my point. Obama is looking in the short term regarding his legacy. He just wants to show that HIS administration was the one to strike a deal with Iran when others couldn't. Doesn't matter if it was a good deal. Same with Obamacare.

Actually it isn't hard to make a deal if you surrender. The Israelis could have a historic deal with the Palestinians quite easily if they would simply surrender.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Actually it isn't hard to make a deal if you surrender. The Israelis could have a historic deal with the Palestinians quite easily if they would simply surrender.
    Yep. That's why Obama could make a deal when others couldn't. He made them a deal that they finally couldn't refuse so to speak. If Iran is happy with it and it's a deal they can tout as a victory then you know their touting of the victory carries much more positive significance in their favor then it does when Obama tries to tout it as a victory.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Major Garrett asked if Obama was content Americans were left behind by his administration in Iran

Obama responded "Major, It’s nonsense. And you should know better."

Damn, how dare you ask the President a question at a press conference. What a tool.

He's not answering the media. He's lecturing them and Americans on behalf of Iran.

Edit: And the Golden Knee-Pads Award goes to Politico

Barack Obama shuts down reporter: 'You should know better'

These people are a travesty.

Of course he is upset about the question. That is the kind of thing you are supposed to only ask of Republican presidents.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Some people have a never-ending faith in the power of agreements on paper.

CJ-hBFQWsAABeSb.jpg
    Let me see...did I forget anything? Uhhh.....framework....good deal.....a box of Cohiba's....Korea will freeze..world will be safer....commitments....that hot Redhead in row 2.......international inspectors......

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Some people have a never-ending faith in the power of agreements on paper.

CJ-hBFQWsAABeSb.jpg

No kidding, in the end it was exhaustive sanctions that brought a out the end to the North Korean nuclear program, no wait it was our all out ground war that ended it. The two deals aren't comparable but even if they were I haven't seen a viable alternative. I'd argue North Korea is a less rational state actor and more dangerous than Iran yet even North Korea has the sense to avoid using nuclear weapons.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [video=youtube;J29J1YHM5Iw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J29J1YHM5Iw[/video]

I'm with Bill Whittle on this one, this deal will get us and/or our allies nuked.

Go to war with Iran, because? Cliffs from the video?

I personally think no one will get nuked.

Kut (think this deal is opposed by those with "chicken little" syndrome)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom