• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

This would appear to be an excellent reason to refuse to ratify the treaty and and excellent reason to stop the unconstitutional practice of voting approval ahead of time for an up or down vote in which rather than requiring a supermajority to ratify the treaty, a supermajority is required to block ratification. This is nothing but a device to allow rats to hide from their constituents by setting themselves up for a vote to block a bad treaty that they knew from the beginning was going to be bad and they knew from the beginning would be predestined to ratification if they did so preemptively, as Pelosi so eloquently put it, passing it in order to find out what's in it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    deal.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Look how the sky fell when north korea got the bomb.

You are overlooking some facts. First, and perhaps most significant, is that the North Koreans have not managed to engineer a workable delivery system. There is also question about how effective their bombs may be. After all, to the extent we could spy on them, their tests seem to feature low-order detonations. Second, Little Kim, like dad and grandpa, may shoot off some lip but still operates a very reclusive regime. They have no expansionist designs, or at least understand that they lack the ability to make good on them, and would appear more interested into using nuclear capability as a bargaining chip, probably to get enough food for most people to eat twice a week rather than only once.

By contrast, Iran has made some clear threats to exponentially increase hostility that it already supports to the best of its ability. Do you really want to see how well this works out for both us and Israel--after all, that covers the top 2 spots on Iran's hit list. I would also remind you that Iran does act on expansionist designs through proxies and given the opportunity directly. There is a reason why Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and the gulf states are all scared sh*tless of Iran.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Look how the sky fell when north korea got the bomb.

Well, then maybe the president should be saying that then. Instead of saying Iran will not get nukes on his watch. Period. Maybe he should be saying, who gives a **** if Iran gets nukes?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, then maybe the president should be saying that then. Instead of saying Iran will not get nukes on his watch. Period. Maybe he should be saying, who gives a **** if Iran gets nukes?

Or, he could stop them from getting them on his watch, help the next guy out a bit, and stop claiming that what he's doing now will actually STOP it from happening.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, considering that both the CIA and Mossad have said they weren't pursuing a nuclear weapon, I'd say the chicken Little's are on the losing side of the argument.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, considering that both the CIA and Mossad have said they weren't pursuing a nuclear weapon, I'd say the chicken Little's are on the losing side of the argument.

Cause they're never wrong.
    You know, like when they totally predicted the fall of the Berlin wall.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think one of the best days in this country's dealings with modern iran was when they released the hostages right after Ronnie became president. Lots of theories and posturing about that day in history now long past, but at the time I believe they did it because they were scared of him, right down to their socks.:)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I seem to recall the talking heads saying the same thing regarding Saddam and yellowcake uranium--he never had it nor did he ever attempt to acquire it, and kept saying that even after we captured and sold it.

Top Bottom