• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    All I know is that I'm tired of hearing about this. There are planned protests here in Indy after the decision is released so now I'm on notice to deal with it even though this crap has NOTHING to do with this city...UGH.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    All I know is that I'm tired of hearing about this. There are planned protests here in Indy after the decision is released so now I'm on notice to deal with it even though this crap has NOTHING to do with this city...UGH.
    You are all the MAN, and the MAN is holding us down.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    As soon as the first glass is broken send in the riot police. Where is the strong police presence loudly stating violence, crime, and fear will not be tolerated? Why is just assumed there will be a massive riot? Stop that crap before it even starts. No more of this "just let them loot and blow off steam" nonsense either.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As soon as the first glass is broken send in the riot police. Where is the strong police presence loudly stating violence, crime, and fear will not be tolerated? Why is just assumed there will be a massive riot? Stop that crap before it even starts. No more of this "just let them loot and blow off steam" nonsense either.
    Sounds fine to me, but the media and the lefties would throw a hissy fit.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sounds fine to me, but the media and the lefties would throw a hissy fit.

They are culpable here as much as the riot organizers. "Cop shoots unarmed black man" repeated for weeks and weeks. Omitting the strong-arm robbery and saying "while walking home from a convenience store" as the beginning of the story.

I would release verdict when it's cold, snowy, and at 5am

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They are culpable here as much as the riot organizers. "Cop shoots unarmed black man" repeated for weeks and weeks. Omitting the strong-arm robbery and saying "while walking home from a convenience store" as the beginning of the story.

I would release verdict when it's cold, snowy, and at 5am
    Correction. Unarmed black teenager. Come on he was just a child. :rolleyes:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Man, the pressure to get that officer convicted of something must be immense.

Even if the evidence is overwhelming that he is innocent I anticipate the Grand Jury punting this down the road. They will issue an indictment and then it will be several months until an actual trial occurs. That will be enough time for all the witnesses to get their stories straight and the media to convict him on TV (again) before the case ever goes to an actual court.

I assume that in theory the identity of the members of the Grand Jury are confidential. I also assume their names will be plastered all over the internet, particularly if they don't rule the correct way.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Even if the evidence is overwhelming that he is innocent I anticipate the Grand Jury punting this down the road. They will issue an indictment and then it will be several months until an actual trial occurs. That will be enough time for all the witnesses to get their stories straight and the media to convict him on TV (again) before the case ever goes to an actual court.

I assume that in theory the identity of the members of the Grand Jury are confidential. I also assume their names will be plastered all over the internet, particularly if they don't rule the correct way.

This'll be Zimmerman 2.0. He'll be forgotten in a few months after the verdict.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I hope not. But I'm afraid it might just happen.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Or they will decide to prosecute even if the grand jury says no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom