Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So does this mean we will have an answer soon? I thought they decided to give 24 hours notice to the schools, has that happened yet?

The state of emergency is good for 30 days or until the governor cancels or extends it, so I don't think we can necessarily take this to mean that a decision is imminent.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The state of emergency is good for 30 days or until the governor cancels or extends it, so I don't think we can necessarily take this to mean that a decision is imminent.
    The picture I saw with the story (unless it was some kind of stock photo from another event) showed a very long line of NG trucks going to the scene. It would be too expensive to keep them on scene for too long without some reason to position them there. I think they must have notice it is coming soon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The picture I saw with the story (unless it was some kind of stock photo from another event) showed a very long line of NG trucks going to the scene. It would be too expensive to keep them on scene for too long without some reason to position them there. I think they must have notice it is coming soon.

I guess I missed that photo. I saw that he had "activated" them, as opposed to just having them on alert, but I didn't see where they were actually being put in place. I would think the decision will come soon, but just didn't think it was automatically going to.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Screen-Shot-2014-11-17-at-3.01.02-PM.png

This was the pic that was showing up on a FB post I saw.
    http://controversialtimes.com/news/...-mo-as-ferguson-grand-jury-decision-expected/

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ah, a stock photo does make more sense, since he just declared the emergency less than 2 hours ago too. That would be an amazingly quick response to get that many men and vehicles moving in that short a period of time.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    If I was a property owner in Ferguson, I would be locked, loaded, and ready to post up on the roof top by now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Only if residential. If business I'd leave it alone, hope for an annihilation, take my insurance check and open in another state.

Interesting point but seems like my homeowner's policy disclaims riots and acts of war. I think that's pretty common but I'm not sure if business policies are the same.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There are already people claiming that the grand jury is a sham and not transparent, despite the fact that this has been one of the most extensive grand jury trials in recent history, with testimony from multiple witnesses, experts and even the officer (with no legal counsel).

There will be rooting and looting no matter the outcome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom