Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Is that an all steel P01 TT?

That's a good question.
    I just put a magnet to it and it sticks easily to the slide. Maybe because the barrel is also under it. It is attracted to the frame but not with the same intensity. Maybe because its stainless?
    I'm a noob when it comes to these. I like it but its lost its attractiveness to me. I'm onto the next thing (squirrel!). Derek jeter game used jerseys arent cheap my friends and they arent making any more ever

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    That's a good question.
    I just put a magnet to it and it sticks easily to the slide. Maybe because the barrel is also under it. It is attracted to the frame but not with the same intensity. Maybe because its stainless?...

Just tried a magnet on my P-01. As known, the slide is steel and the frame is Aluminum.

The magnet is mildly attracted to the frame in areas where there is steel behind it, i.e. the slide hood, trigger bar, etc.

Take the mag out and try the magnet on the middle of the front strap of the grip. If it is aluminum, there will be zero attraction.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just tried a magnet on my P-01. As known, the slide is steel and the frame is Aluminum.

The magnet is mildly attracted to the frame in areas where there is steel behind it, i.e. the slide hood, trigger bar, etc.

Take the mag out and try the magnet on the middle of the front strap of the grip. If it is aluminum, there will be zero attraction.
    Yeah that's why I tried it on the trigger guard. Still mildly attracted to it. You and I were thinking the same thing

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    If it has an aluminum frame the weight should be ~28oz.

If you don't have a way to weigh it, take the slide off and it should be apparent by feel...like a polymer frame. The frame weighs enough less than the slide/barrel assembly that you can feel the difference.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If it has an aluminum frame the weight should be ~28oz.

If you don't have a way to weigh it, take the slide off and it should be apparent by feel...like a polymer frame. The frame weighs enough less than the slide/barrel assembly that you can feel the difference.
    Ok thanks. I'll have to dog out the scale to find out. If I was keeping it I might care but since I'm selling it I dont in all truthfulness. It's stamped a "75 compact" dated 2012. Should be easy to look up.
    I have 2 p01's I'm keeping. And 2 full size Cz's qnd 2 polymers. I think tht will satisfy my CZ fetish for a while :):
    I always go full retard into everything at first. Tone it back,, and see what's left

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is the one I'm selling.but im keeping the grips. It will be returned to rubber grips.
    LokNNK0.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Oh I've got a lot more that's like that. Right now I'm only listing stuff that I didnt overpay for I think lol.

Speaking of, I will be listing a CZ 75 compact I picked up off here. The guy had it listed as a p01 and for all intensive purposes it is except the markings say compact and it has the rail like a p01 and the decocker too.
    - night sights
    - alien gear IWB right hand holster
    Comes with rubber grips.
    $480 picked up in beech grove (this is my official "letting the group have first dibs" before I list it notice.

Could you post a photo please, TT ? I can't figure out what it looks like.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well today's trip was memorable. 3 hours in the cold rain. I had coverage overhead but still got wet at times. Had a couple of nice lightning strikes followed by loud thunder. About 2 hours in my joints started to tighten up a bit. At home now tired and sore, but I had fun and got accomplished what I wanted.

Side note: Aguila .22 ammo has a distinct smell to it. Also, I am impressed with the Primary Arms 5x prism scope. It's not for precision shooting, but it has good glass and a very bold easy to use reticle.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    3 hours isn't bad for a good deal.

1. I was trying to buy a gun last evening from Armslist. One that I've been wanting for a year.
    2. First thing I do when I email someone on Armslist is look up how far they are from me and let them know I'm XX hrs. away.
    3. I always ask them if they ever get down closer to Indy. Sometimes they do and sometimes not.
    4. Last night the seller said he wanted me to drive to NE Fort Wayne (2.5 hrs. from where I live).
    5. I told him I understood, and that I have lost out on buying and/or selling a gun b/c of distance before, and wished him luck on his sale.
    6. Two emails on my part and one on his and it was over: efficient enough.
    7. I have driven 2.5 hours one-way before if I really had to have a certain gun, but this was just another .22 semi-auto that I've always wanted and the price was just average, but I did like the profile. I have tried to buy this certain gun 4 times now. I'm too embarrassed to say what it is. (Beretta M9 .22LR; not even manufactured by Beretta)

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    1. I was trying to buy a gun last evening from Armslist. One that I've been wanting for a year.
    2. First thing I do when I email someone on Armslist is look up how far they are from me and let them know I'm XX hrs. away.
    3. I always ask them if they ever get down closer to Indy. Sometimes they do and sometimes not.
    4. Last night the seller said he wanted me to drive to NE Fort Wayne (2.5 hrs. from where I live).
    5. I told him I understood, and that I have lost out on buying and/or selling a gun b/c of distance before, and wished him luck on his sale.
    6. Two emails on my part and one on his and it was over: efficient enough.
    7. I have driven 2.5 hours one-way before if I really had to have a certain gun, but this was just another .22 semi-auto that I've always wanted and the price was just average, but I did like the profile. I have tried to buy this certain gun 4 times now. I'm too embarrassed to say what it is. (Beretta M9 .22LR; not even manufactured by Beretta)

When it comes to distance .. My formula is
    (money saved)- (what i make an hour×distance in hours+gas)=worth the "deal"×(rarity or how bad i want THIS particular gun)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom