Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. I was trying to buy a gun last evening from Armslist. One that I've been wanting for a year.
    2. First thing I do when I email someone on Armslist is look up how far they are from me and let them know I'm XX hrs. away.
    3. I always ask them if they ever get down closer to Indy. Sometimes they do and sometimes not.
    4. Last night the seller said he wanted me to drive to NE Fort Wayne (2.5 hrs. from where I live).
    5. I told him I understood, and that I have lost out on buying and/or selling a gun b/c of distance before, and wished him luck on his sale.
    6. Two emails on my part and one on his and it was over: efficient enough.
    7. I have driven 2.5 hours one-way before if I really had to have a certain gun, but this was just another .22 semi-auto that I've always wanted and the price was just average, but I did like the profile. I have tried to buy this certain gun 4 times now. I'm too embarrassed to say what it is. (Beretta M9 .22LR; not even manufactured by Beretta)

So the seller was unwilling to roll out an hour to make the sale.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So the seller was unwilling to roll out an hour to make the sale.

1. Right, I would have met him the traditional 1/2 way, but sometimes if I'm selling an item I won't drive an hour away if I know there will be a buyer closer to the big city, I did understand. If he doesn't get a nibble he can always email me back. It's not like a "need" another .22LR semi-auto. :laugh: Just curious about the gun mostly, like many I've bought in the past.
    2. I have bought/sold many guns w/in 1- 6 minutes from the house.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It was nice for a hour or two down just south of Indy this afternoon. I managed to run out to MCFG and run another 150 rounds through a couple of P07s and SP01 Compact. Now, it's cold, really windy and looks like rain. I am half tempted to toss the bag back in the car and head back to MCFG. Seems like it could be fun shooting weather. I won't though. There's already a bit of bourbon calling my name.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It was nice for a hour or two down just south of Indy this afternoon. I managed to run out to MCFG and run another 150 rounds through a couple of P07s and SP01 Compact. Now, it's cold, really windy and looks like rain. I am half tempted to toss the bag back in the car and head back to MCFG. Seems like it could be fun shooting weather. I won't though. There's already a bit of bourbon calling my name.
    I wanted to get out and shoot a little today, but couldn't talk myself into it. I was lazy today.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Mmmm some Angel's envy rye sounds good

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Definitely windy down here.

Just came in from cutting my bike ride in the woods short due to too many falling limbs. When I rode in this kind of wind a week or two ago I got hit in the head by something small that drew blood.

Earlier this afternoon I finished up on my CZ P-01 mods and took it to the basement "range" for a 3 shot test.:yesway:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Evening folks.

I'm giving the group a courtesy heads up that I am going to sell my Shadow 2, it's the black frame w/blue grips. It's bone stock and I've fired right around 400 rounds through it. It's a great gun, but it's a "range only" gun for me and I have no real "need" for it at this time. I'm going to officially list this tomorrow after I get off work. The price will be $1000, trades will be considered, but cash is king for me right now. If any of the regulars from the core group in here (you know who you are :)) are interested, please send me a PM.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Evening folks.

I'm giving the group a courtesy heads up that I am going to sell my Shadow 2, it's the black frame w/blue grips. It's bone stock and I've fired right around 400 rounds through it. It's a great gun, but it's a "range only" gun for me and I have no real "need" for it at this time. I'm going to officially list this tomorrow after I get off work. The price will be $1000, trades will be considered, but cash is king for me right now. If any of the regulars from the core group in here (you know who you are :)) are interested, please send me a PM.

Damn bother are you cleaning house or appeasing the spouse.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Definitely windy down here.

Just came in from cutting my bike ride in the woods short due to too many falling limbs. When I rode in this kind of wind a week or two ago I got hit in the head by something small that drew blood.

Earlier this afternoon I finished up on my CZ P-01 mods and took it to the basement "range" for a 3 shot test.:yesway:

I think I want to ditch my road bike and get a trail bike.

Ok...carry on...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom