• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    People on Armslist never cease to amaze me. I've went back and forth with this person most of the day on a trade offer for my MCX. After I ask for pictures of his 11.5" BCM, all of a sudden they realize they're 3 hours from me?? I haven't struck a deal with anyone on there in a long time. This kind of crap is why. They do nothing but waste my time.

Rant over.
    3 hours isn't bad for a good deal.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

I know some guys on here have had good luck on armslist but I have found it to be full of scammers and time wasters. That was years ago. I only use ingo now and have for years

Same here. If I can't find it in a LGS, or at the 1500, I find it here in the classies.

I wish my wife wanted guns

It's a double edged sword at times. I have about as much money in my wife's pistols as I do my own, but she wanted all of hers almost right away when she moved in, so we sunk a ton of money in her stuff all at once. It makes me sad because she really only carries one or two of the guns and she doesn't like going to the range, but she has 6 pistols. Thank goodness I was able to stand firm on not getting her a $1K 1911 that she wanted that I know she'd almost never shoot. Let's not even start discussing rifles. I keep putting her off, but I know eventually we'll start sinking money into more guns she doesn't shoot. She has seriously cut into my gun funds! It wouldn't be so bad if we had similar taste in guns but we don't. She likes stuff I don't even want to take with me to the range... :):

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    3 hours isn't bad for a good deal.
    It would have to be a stellar deal for me to drive 3 hours one way, but I don't know what the deal even was exactly as we never got that far along in the conversation. They just mentioned they had a complete 11.5" BCM and I asked for pics.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Morning all... :coffee:

Same here. If I can't find it in a LGS, or at the 1500, I find it here in the classies.

It's a double edged sword at times. I have about as much money in my wife's pistols as I do my own, but she wanted all of hers almost right away when she moved in, so we sunk a ton of money in her stuff all at once. It makes me sad because she really only carries one or two of the guns and she doesn't like going to the range, but she has 6 pistols. Thank goodness I was able to stand firm on not getting her a $1K 1911 that she wanted that I know she'd almost never shoot. Let's not even start discussing rifles. I keep putting her off, but I know eventually we'll start sinking money into more guns she doesn't shoot. She has seriously cut into my gun funds! It wouldn't be so bad if we had similar taste in guns but we don't. She likes stuff I don't even want to take with me to the range... :):
    Wow WT lol. Too bad you don't like similar guns or it might work out well :):
    Still at least she wants her own. My wife could care less. She cares only about the one she carrys and that's it. I got her an AR too and shes never shot it I dont think. Maybe once.
    I thought here recently she was gonna make an effort to get some training and go into it, nope that lasted a hot minute.
    Oh well. I guess I'll have to put my Laura Croft tomb raider fantasies on the back burner ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wow WT lol. Too bad you don't like similar guns or it might work out well :):
    Still at least she wants her own. My wife could care less. She cares only about the one she carrys and that's it. I got her an AR too and shes never shot it I dont think. Maybe once.
    I thought here recently she was gonna make an effort to get some training and go into it, nope that lasted a hot minute.
    Oh well. I guess I'll have to put my Laura Croft tomb raider fantasies on the back burner ;)

Well, the good thing is that she carries and that she understands when I find a gun that I HAVE TO HAVE ;)

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Every MPX that sells in Indiana, Sig sends me a bigger check...:cool:

And how much do you get from .gov for stamp referrals?

I sent my P30 to Bill Springfield, but wasn't overly impressed when I got it back. Gray guns is known for Sig work, but also does HK. Robert Burke is another option. It's been several years ago, so there may be other options now.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

I sent my P30 to Bill Springfield, but wasn't overly impressed when I got it back. Gray guns is known for Sig work, but also does HK. Robert Burke is another option. It's been several years ago, so there may be other options now.

Rick Holm is another name to Google.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

I'm still researching this. Lazy Wolf is another, but their turnaround time is ridiculous, 16-20 weeks! I guess they might really be lazy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom