Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Dang, I almost stopped into this store when I bought my CZ97 (way better than a Glock trigger - lol) but didn't. Now I wish I had just to see if they are really that bad. Some pretty laid back-easy to get along with people have called them out this morning.

In the many times I was there in the past, there were a couple of guys that were decent that worked there. They don’t seem to last too long though, except maybe George. The problem is the way the place is run.

I stopped by during lunch hour one day and just after I got there, whoever ran out to bring lunch back that day got back. Everyone behind the counters turned the gun counters into lunch counters so that if you wanted to look at anything, you were doing it around an employee eating his burrito. It’s that kind of stuff that puts me off. They tend to treat anyone without a badge as something unpleasant to deal with.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Hey wizard. Is it possible or recomended to put a barrel bushing in my already wizardized p01?

Send me a pic of the front side view of your CZ as it is possible it already has one. If it does not have one I would recommend it! The 10X bushing is about .004 smaller in diameter that a stock bushing and will tighten up your groups.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Send me a pic of the front side view of your CZ as it is possible it already has one. If it does not have one I would recommend it! The 10X bushing is about .004 smaller in diameter that a stock bushing and will tighten up your groups.
    My understanding is that the 10X bushing would only make a difference on an older CZ that has seen a lot of rounds. Is this true or do they always make the gun have tighter groups?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

All of mine also have/had the 10x bushing. I strongly recommend it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How does the CZ P10C compare with the M&P and G**** in your opinion?

I don’t own an M&P, but I do own Glocks and P10Cs. The CZ striker fired trigger is much, much better out of the box and also after mods. But, that might be just my preferences as I tend to put the + connector in my Glocks to give a firm wall. I hate mushy triggers and the - connectors feel like they take all feel out of a trigger to me. The P10C trigger has a nice, firm wall, yet is still a sub-5# break. My best Glock triggers tend to feel similar to a good CZ trigger but are closer to 6# to get there.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    This is why people need to shoot their firearms after any modification and try to introduce a malfunction too. You will see if it's safe or not on the range rather than in real life.
    I had a glock that was worked on by a professional (not me, I'm not a glock professional) and it went full auto. After I scooped it up, changed underwear and took it back to him, it had a broken disconnector from ghost. It was from the factory that way. It was microscopic almost but just enough to cause the issue when I let off the trigger

Yeah I only use Glock connectors. Haven't seen Ghost cause them to go full auto, but have seen several that doubled.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    My understanding is that the 10X bushing would only make a difference on an older CZ that has seen a lot of rounds. Is this true or do they always make the gun have tighter groups?

I have shot a Shadow 2 before and after bushing install and by shooting off a rest the groups were tighter. It has been awhile and I did not measure. For me I did see a difference and it is worth the $$ to use it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Exactly. To those I would recommend a Glock, the availability of parts, holsters and such far outweighs the fact that I personally find the P10 a better gun. Add in the aggressiveness of the grip texturing and how stiff the mag release and slide lock are when you first get the gun and the Glock is often the better fit. Now, for someone who is a shooter, the Glock may or may not be the better gun and what I recommend may be very different. Of course, if the person is a shooter they likely won't be asking me for information... :):

The biggest reasons that I have Glocks in my family are that I like calibers other than 9mm and it’s really hard to beat a Glock in .40 or .45 in the striker fired world. A Glock 27 on the hip does make me happy. The second biggest reason that I like my Glocks is the simplicity that they are built with. A 1911 is easier to completely disassemble but taking any CZ down completely will require a bit of patience. Love shooting the CZs but am not in love with decocker disassembly. Even the P07 has a spring that can get away from you if you are not careful.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I think they are certainly worth doing on an older CZ but with the new ones, I’d check the barrel and bushing with calipers. You might get lucky and have the tolerances stack in a way that work better for you and not need the bushing.

On the other hand, the bushing will never make the gun less accurate, only more so.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    More of a profile shot, sorry
    Like this?
    aAH74dg.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.