Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Truth but in this if I was ringing a full sized silhouette I would have been on steel a lot more than the plate rack. My misses were generally just below the plate or just above but again they were misses.

I am a point shooter most times except the 8" plates. I used to be able to point shoot them but lack of range time in the last 2 years I have lost some of that skill set.

I've seen you shoot enough to know that breaking into your house would be a very poor life choice.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am a poor shooter as witnessed by the recent weekend outing. I make no bones about that. So, for me, I believe in having one trigger. No matter how many guns I may own (or how few now) they all have as nearly the same trigger as I can make them. They all have the same grips, the same sights and the same trigger. No matter what I might pickup to defend myself I will be shooting, as nearly as possible, the same gun. The Wizard and I worked very hard on this and many dollars were pissed away. I achieved that goal for the most part. Though most of those guns are now scattered to the winds I still believe the theory was valid and worthwhile. For a poor shooter I believe that making everything the same is a big advantage. So I have never concerned myself with stock CZ triggers because I have never owned one for long.
    This is VERY sound logic BA. I think a persons self defense guns should all be as close to the same as possible.
    Yeah, all of my guns need to be able to defend me but I'm meaning carry guns or "nightstand" guns (I use a pistol safe).
    They need to be consistent.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I will just leave this here.....:):

AS4cfnx.jpg
    One of the worst things a person could do is randomly break into someone's house and see this hanging on the back of the chair and then look up and see that picture up above it. If they even got to see that picture.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The reason I recommend Glock or M&P, besides their inherent reliability, is that you can walk into any gun store in these United States and find one or both. And they will almost always have magazines, holsters, sights, etc. You can't say that about a P10C.
    Exactly. I use a glock for parts availability (mags included), also I can literally take the whole gun down with 1 tool or a punch.
    I like the M&P's but you have to remove the rear sight to fully take the slide down. In the field one may not have a right tool or a vise a punch and a hammer.
    I also love the reliability of coarse.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The P365 has a really decent trigger in it for a CCW. It good enough to be enjoyable on the range but safe enough in a SD situation. I am generally not a huge sig fan (MM's owns a notable exception :cool:) but the P365 is really a home run - for its intended use.

You may now feel free to hang my class ring on an angora cord around your neck ! :D

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Exactly. I use a glock for parts availability (mags included), also I cant literally take the whole gun down with 1 tool or a punch.
    I like the M&P's but you have to remove the rear sight to fully take the slide down. In the field one may not have a right tool or a vise a punch and a hammer.

Are ETS Glock mags good to go?

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I am a poor shooter as witnessed by the recent weekend outing. I make no bones about that. So, for me, I believe in having one trigger. No matter how many guns I may own (or how few now) they all have as nearly the same trigger as I can make them. They all have the same grips, the same sights and the same trigger. No matter what I might pickup to defend myself I will be shooting, as nearly as possible, the same gun. The Wizard and I worked very hard on this and many dollars were pissed away. I achieved that goal for the most part. Though most of those guns are now scattered to the winds I still believe the theory was valid and worthwhile. For a poor shooter I believe that making everything the same is a big advantage. So I have never concerned myself with stock CZ triggers because I have never owned one for long.

All of BA's CZ's were completed with the same CGW Pro-Package with 85C trigger, Race hammer's/adjustable sear's except on de-cockers use factory sear, reduced power spring's, 11.5 black mainspring's, TFX FO/night sights, all the internals have the same polishing job and adjustment's. All are very fine example's of the CZ platform!

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Is the reason you would recommend G**** over the P10C because there is only 1 P10C while there are many different sized G****s they can choose from? Or is it the trigger or is there another reason?

Exactly. To those I would recommend a Glock, the availability of parts, holsters and such far outweighs the fact that I personally find the P10 a better gun. Add in the aggressiveness of the grip texturing and how stiff the mag release and slide lock are when you first get the gun and the Glock is often the better fit. Now, for someone who is a shooter, the Glock may or may not be the better gun and what I recommend may be very different. Of course, if the person is a shooter they likely won't be asking me for information... :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Saturday I went to Four Guns in Lafayette for their big 3 day sales event with the local radio station, Tim from the You Tube Military Channel, Sig Sauer Rep and a gXXXX Rep. I think I pissed the gXXXX rep off when I told him my CZ triggers are better! All he could sputter was these are striker fired!

Striker fired CZ triggers are still better than a G***k trigger. I like my Glocks and some of them have pretty good triggers, but not a one of them comes close to the CGW tuned P10C trigger.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    All of BA's CZ's were completed with the same CGW 85C trigger, Race hammer's/adjustable sear's except on de-cockers use factory sear, reduced power spring's, 11.5 black mainspring's, TFX FO/night sights, all the internals have the same polishing job and adjustment's. All are very fine example's of the CZ platform!
    Hey wizard. Is it possible or recomended to put a barrel bushing in my already wizardized p01?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I threw 3 of them in the trash at point blank because they are **** and I didnt want to give them away or sell them to anyone else to get killed because their mags didnt work.
    Some people like them. In my opinion actualy shooting them, they are ****

I have a few extended ETS mags I use with my Keltec sub2k, but I wouldn't use them for training or self defense, that's for sure.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I threw 3 of them in the trash at point blank because they are **** and I didnt want to give them away or sell them to anyone else to get killed because their mags didnt work.
    Some people like them. In my opinion actualy shooting them, they are ****

I think I get what you are saying? I'll just go with Glock made Glock mags...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think I get what you are saying? I'll just go with Glock made Glock mags...
    Lol yep, I'm saying they suck, stick with glock mags. I also like the magpul glock mags for the range.
    I've had reliable sources tell me that if the magpul ones get dropped in mud or dirt they start malfunctioning. I've dropped some on the dry ground but never heavy use or debris like I have with factory mags. The factory mags just work all the time. Best mags on earth in my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom