Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am a poor shooter as witnessed by the recent weekend outing. I make no bones about that. So, for me, I believe in having one trigger. No matter how many guns I may own (or how few now) they all have as nearly the same trigger as I can make them. They all have the same grips, the same sights and the same trigger. No matter what I might pickup to defend myself I will be shooting, as nearly as possible, the same gun. The Wizard and I worked very hard on this and many dollars were pissed away. I achieved that goal for the most part. Though most of those guns are now scattered to the winds I still believe the theory was valid and worthwhile. For a poor shooter I believe that making everything the same is a big advantage. So I have never concerned myself with stock CZ triggers because I have never owned one for long.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep I understand. I was just speaking in general not meaning you either. I love the trigger you had in the p10c so much I bought one for mine lol. That's a super nice trigger
    I've said before that I think factory glock triggers are crap. They are, except on the gen5's. I think glock did good on those but there are better factory triggers out there on other striker guns.

I don't like the Gen 5 triggers either, but that's just me. When I try out the stock P10 trigger, or even better, the stock PPQ, VP9 or Canik trigger, I'm amazed anyone buys a Glock... :):

That said, I recommend Glocks to people all the time. People who just want/need a simple, reliable gun for self defense and I know they're not going to train with it much. Hard to go wrong with a Glock for certain situations. If you're going to shoot a lot and train a lot, you'll eventually gravitate to the gun/platform that works best for you. At least that's my thinking.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I will also accept anyone else's opinion on the CZ P10C vs M&P and G**** in terms of ergonomics, triggers, simplicity, dependability, etc...
    I haven't tried a P10C but have heard great things.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I will also accept anyone else's opinion on the CZ P10C vs M&P and G**** in terms of ergonomics, triggers, simplicity, dependability, etc...
    I haven't tried a P10C but have heard great things.

I've personally shot the newest Glocks, M&P's and the P10c and I prefer the P10. Stock that is. The stock trigger on the P10 bothers me after ~100 rounds, but I prefer the trigger and ergos of the P10 over the other guns. Add a HBI trigger and it's just that much better, IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am a poor shooter as witnessed by the recent weekend outing. I make no bones about that. So, for me, I believe in having one trigger. No matter how many guns I may own (or how few now) they all have as nearly the same trigger as I can make them. They all have the same grips, the same sights and the same trigger. No matter what I might pickup to defend myself I will be shooting, as nearly as possible, the same gun. The Wizard and I worked very hard on this and many dollars were pissed away. I achieved that goal for the most part. Though most of those guns are now scattered to the winds I still believe the theory was valid and worthwhile. For a poor shooter I believe that making everything the same is a big advantage. So I have never concerned myself with stock CZ triggers because I have never owned one for long.

If you witnessed my misses and hits on the FGE I was struggling with many different sight configurations and finding the sweet spot on each gun. It weas a struggle to hit those plates gun to gun.
    And then factor in other issue. Jumping from CZ's to 1911's/2011's was also a bit of a challenge.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I've personally shot the newest Glocks, M&P's and the P10c and I prefer the P10. Stock that is. The stock trigger on the P10 bothers me after ~100 rounds, but I prefer the trigger and ergos of the P10 over the other guns. Add a HBI trigger and it's just that much better, IMO.
    Is the reason you would recommend G**** over the P10C because there is only 1 P10C while there are many different sized G****s they can choose from? Or is it the trigger or is there another reason?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you witnessed my misses and hits on the FGE I was struggling with many different sight configurations and finding the sweet spot on each gun. It weas a struggle to hit those plates gun to gun.
    And then factor in other issue. Jumping from CZ's to 1911's/2011's was also a bit of a challenge.

That always gave me pause when thinking about a SD situation. It gave me great comfort, back when I had a tuned CZ in every room, that no matter which one I picked up I would not have to "adjust" to it.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    It is possible that I could purchase a striker fired gun in the future. It will be the CZ P10 as I have shot several and think the trigger is not terrible compared to other stock striker fired guns. I have also fired some that have been modified and are to my liking!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The reason I recommend Glock or M&P, besides their inherent reliability, is that you can walk into any gun store in these United States and find one or both. And they will almost always have magazines, holsters, sights, etc. You can't say that about a P10C.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It is possible that I could purchase a striker fired gun in the future. It will be the CZ P10 as I have shot several and think the trigger is not terrible compared to other stock striker fired guns. I have also fired some that have been modified and are to my liking!
    Good to know!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That always gave me pause when thinking about a SD situation. It gave me great comfort, back when I had a tuned CZ in every room, that no matter which one I picked up I would not have to "adjust" to it.

Truth but in this if I was ringing a full sized silhouette I would have been on steel a lot more than the plate rack. My misses were generally just below the plate or just above but again they were misses.

I am a point shooter most times except the 8" plates. I used to be able to point shoot them but lack of range time in the last 2 years I have lost some of that skill set.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Some (myself included) suffer from trigger bite in the stock P10C trigger. The HBI trigger is cheap ($65), solves the problem for me and takes about ten minutes to install.

All gun mechanical alterations take one day. I give it to the Wizard one day and get it back the next. ;)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I will just leave this here.....:):

AS4cfnx.jpg
    LOL I need one of these

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The reason I recommend Glock or M&P, besides their inherent reliability, is that you can walk into any gun store in these United States and find one or both. And they will almost always have magazines, holsters, sights, etc. You can't say that about a P10C.
    That makes a lot of sense! While CZs are more poplar than the were they still aren't EVERYWHERE like the other two. Good point!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom