Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Just got power back here. Lots of wind damage. More cleanup work tomorrow. We have a whole house generator, but every time it kicks on I run outside and turn it off because I don't want to burn the propane.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just got power back here. Lots of wind damage. More cleanup work tomorrow. We have a whole house generator, but every time it kicks on I run outside and turn it off because I don't want to burn the propane.
    Hope it goes ok for you.
    I will be getting a whole house system at our new home when we move. I held off here because I didnt want to invest that much money into something and then leave it behind. But the large generator I have now will power most of what I want and I have a transfer switch so I can hook it right into the breaker box for it. That part wasnt cheap but relative to the whole house system it was. Plus I'll still be taking my generator and cable with me

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Glad to hear people are getting power back! I’m still at work in the dark. They require us to stay at least two hours before allowing us to leave. Not my favorite policy.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Hope it goes ok for you.
    I will be getting a whole house system at our new home when we move. I held off here because I didnt want to invest that much money into something and then leave it behind. But the large generator I have now will power most of what I want and I have a transfer switch so I can hook it right into the breaker box for it. That part wasnt cheap but relative to the whole house system it was. Plus I'll still be taking my generator and cable with me

We moved last year and the generator came with the house. It's a really nice unit and was one of the selling points for me. After moving in I see why the previous owner spent the money. We lose power a lot. Doesn't bother me, but nice to have in winter.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It drives me bonkers!! Seriously I’m at the point where I walk away as soon as they try to hand me a 938 because it’s dainty and it’s what all women say they want. If I’m looking at .45 1911, don’t try to hand me a something different because I could “handle it better”

Agreed, and I have seen some shops do similar stuff to most any customer, not just women. I'm not sure why some shops bother to have more than 1 or 2 makes/models of firearms as some of the guys behind the counter push just one make/model to everyone as the end all be all, no matter what they are looking for. Seems counter productive.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We moved last year and the generator came with the house. It's a really nice unit and was one of the selling points for me. After moving in I see why the previous owner spent the money. We lose power a lot. Doesn't bother me, but nice to have in winter.
    Yeah I'd be happy about that too. A huge plus.
    I like having gas for that reason. If power goes out I can still make my own power and run the blower and my furnace works

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We are getting an occasional flurry down in Greenwood too. The temp sure did drop today. At 2pm, I was out cruising around in the Spider, top down. Now, it’s something like 37 degrees with flurries.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This wind is nuts! I’m chilling at work with no power right now. Anybody else sitting in the dark?

We lost power at the cabin around 7PM. It's made for a greater adventure than we'd anticipated. We'd planned for the below freezing weather, but no electricity adds another dimension to the weekend ! :):

Oh well, the chili was good, the campfire roared, and we have flashlights, a lantern, and an adequate propane heater. It was fun !
    Now, my wife is sleeping, and I'm tucked away in my bunk typing this post.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We lost power at the cabin around 7PM. It's made for a greater adventure than we'd anticipated. We'd planned for the below freezing weather, but no electricity adds another dimension to the weekend ! :):

Oh well, the chili was good, the campfire roared, and we have flashlights, a lantern, and an adequate propane heater. It was fun !
    Now, my wife is sleeping, and I'm tucked away in my bunk typing this post.

I love the challenge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom