Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good Afternoon everyone! Areoflyer’s wife here! I broke down and finally made an account so I can follow along with/keep track of him. Also so I can have a leg up on all of you enablers on here. Seriously guys he was cut off until January 1, 2 guns ago...

On a different note! I know I’m a week late, but I wanted to personally thank all of you CZIckness guys for being really welcoming last Saturday especially as one of the wives who went. I had no problems getting up there and shooting with you guys and even felt encouraged to do so which means a lot to me.

Thanks to Patience and Barb for opening up your home and property to all of us!
    Highlights from last Saturday for me were Mcapo’s M1 Carbine. I’ll be more than happy to store that one for you! I’ll bring it up for visits I promise! Second highlight was shooting KJ’s MPX, that was a sweetheart and so much fun to shoot! 3rd biggest highlight was hitting the 8” orange plate at 400 yards with our 308, that’s one I’ll definitely have to repeat again! :):

Welcome and good to see you in here.

lexis2413

Mrs. Turbo
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Indianapolis
    We stopped at a store today where we had one salesman tell me that he could have a 9 that was bigger than a 40, and the other salesman told Areoflyer that he had me well trained because I knew how to hold and look through a scope correctly... :xmad:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We stopped at a store today where we had one salesman tell me that he could have a 9 that was bigger than a 40, and the other salesman told Areoflyer that he had me well trained because I knew how to hold and look through a scope correctly... :xmad:
    It's a common assumption and its wrong. I used to HATE hearing people recomend little guns to women because it "kicks less"
    Women are fully capable of shooting anything a man can and while I personaly very much appreciate a feminine woman, when it comes to firearms it's about mechanics and physics and not what's between your legs. Teach ANY person how to properly grip a pistol and absorb the recoil and they will shoot exactly the same. It's a fact, not an opinion. My daughter can shoot a pistol and whoop a mans ass I promise you.
    My wife can too but shes working now on changing her grip completely, shooting with the opposite hand that she has her whole life. Once she does that she will be a good shooter again. Getting her to the range is the only issue.
    My daughter is young but she is moving up in caliber very soon. I taught her fundamentals on a suppressed .22

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It's a common assumption and its wrong. I used to HATE hearing people recomend little guns to women because it "kicks less"
    Women are fully capable of shooting anything a man can and while I personaly very much appreciate a feminine woman, when it comes to firearms it's about mechanics and physics and not what's between your legs. Teach ANY person how to properly grip a pistol and absorb the recoil and they will shoot exactly the same. It's a fact, not an opinion. My daughter can shoot a pistol and whoop a mans ass I promise you.
    My wife can too but shes working now on changing her grip completely, shooting with the opposite hand that she has her whole life. Once she does that she will be a good shooter again. Getting her to the range is the only issue.
    My daughter is young but she is moving up in caliber very soon. I taught her fundamentals on a suppressed .22

I do believe his words were “I can get bigger bullets for a 9mm than for a 40.”

I was not impressed with this store.

-The above was just wrong
    -His being trained comment was just in bad taste
    -He informed that we can’t seriously shoot for groups because we don’t handload

-The cherry on top, and I need the forum’s advice here, they were filling out a form and the guy admitted his address doesn’t match his license. He had just moved. He put his new address on the 4473 and when they went to process the two sales guys had a very loud conversation about just saying yes in the system that the address on his license matched the form. That is fraudulently filling out the form isn’t it and should I report that to someone since we witnessed it? I’m at a loss of what exactly we should do having watched that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

-The cherry on top, and I need the forum’s advice here, they were filling out a form and the guy admitted his address doesn’t match his license. He had just moved. He put his new address on the 4473 and when they went to process the two sales guys had a very loud conversation about just saying yes in the system that the address on his license matched the form. That is fraudulently filling out the form isn’t it and should I report that to someone since we witnessed it? I’m at a loss of what exactly we should do having watched that.

Couple of Nimrods right there.
    What store please

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Yeah thats not right what they did on the form. They could get a point against them in their next audit. If they get so many points they can lose their FFL eventualy. They clearly knew better. Maybe you should call or email the owner to make them aware of it. If it was the owner then I probably just wouldnt shop at that store anymore. If they will fudge the little things to make a sale what big things are they willing fo do wrong?

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Not sure how you all spent your day but here is my afternoon. I started at 12:00 sharp. Just got to this point.
    1st fit with all the bits after Ceracoat. I will have to pull it all the way down as there is still some final fitment to be done.

This is a solid hours work. It fits like a glove but it is not the commander size bushing. To long. I will have to trim it back a ways...:):
    cGsNHUc.jpg

Me likey much. Grip safety is still a bit tight. Ultra-lit EGW race hammer. Not done all the polishing internally yet. There is that dang bushing.
    W49wvtj.jpg

I will fit the sights tomorrow. AllenM flat topped/ball cut the slide.
    R1Yi945.jpg

I loves me some stainless. You can see the ball cut and the chamfer on the bottom of the slide.
    ycc23SL.jpg

that.is.special.

holy wow.!!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yeah thats not right what they did on the form. They could get a point against them in their next audit. If they get so many points they can lose their FFL eventualy. They clearly knew better. Maybe you should call or email the owner to make them aware of it. If it was the owner then I probably just wouldnt shop at that store anymore. If they will fudge the little things to make a sale what big things are they willing fo do wrong?

I’m assuming neither were the owner, the one implied that’s what they were told from higher ups.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I’m assuming neither were the owner, the one implied that’s what they were told from higher ups.
    If it's a battle worth fighting to you then call and ask for the owner. I'll be Frank, this happens at more shops than people know. It's not right and I dont know why shops endanger their ffl's and technically their freedom by doing this crap but they do. Also a lot of people just feel like it's no big deal. My opinion, dont go back there.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County

Hi Lexis! Welcome to the thread.

I’ve had similar experiences in gun stores where they assumed I would want a revolver because I was a woman and I wouldn’t be able to rack anything. I tried to explain that it’s texhnique and not strength, and proceeded to easily rack all of the guns I looked at.

I also have been told maybe I should just carry a .22 for defense because anything else would “kick too much.”

Thankfully, I finally found a good store and also the people here have been great!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If it's a battle worth fighting to you then call and ask for the owner. I'll be Frank, this happens at more shops than people know. It's not right and I dont know why shops endanger their ffl's and technically their freedom by doing this crap but they do. Also a lot of people just feel like it's no big deal. My opinion, dont go back there.

It is all about the sale "TT"....follow the money.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

Yeah, we high tailed it from the store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom