Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    So far I haven't lost power yet.

Applied Ballistics was a nice place. The people there were very nice, it was great talking to the guy at the counter. I didn't get his name. I was only on the lane for a half hour though. 150 rounds through the 1911-22, and another 150 through the CZ.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    This wind is nuts! I’m chilling at work with no power right now. Anybody else sitting in the dark?

Not in the dark (yet) but I have a tree service crew shoring up a LARGE tree that is splitting at a fork hoping to keep it off of a tenant's mobile home until the wind dies down and it can be removed.

Will put them up in a hotel if needed for their safety.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Fortunately we have managers that deal with most situations. They are fairly new so something like this takes a little more hands on.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You know it.
    We had a serious battery back up system but it found a new home. Buddy has it at his cabin. The 2 I built before that are relocated as well. Hey everything is for sale you know.
    Yep if the price is right. That keeps things rotated and new.
    I have a large one that was originaly in a hospital office. I have a second large one in my garage and it just needs a new battery which i have I just need to do it. They are an undervalued item I think. Lots of offices just throw them out and buy new ones. If they go out its usualy only the battery. Thousand dollar units for pennies.

lexis2413

Mrs. Turbo
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Hi Lexis! Welcome to the thread.

I’ve had similar experiences in gun stores where they assumed I would want a revolver because I was a woman and I wouldn’t be able to rack anything. I tried to explain that it’s texhnique and not strength, and proceeded to easily rack all of the guns I looked at.

I also have been told maybe I should just carry a .22 for defense because anything else would “kick too much.”

Thankfully, I finally found a good store and also the people here have been great!

It drives me bonkers!! Seriously I’m at the point where I walk away as soon as they try to hand me a 938 because it’s dainty and it’s what all women say they want. If I’m looking at .45 1911, don’t try to hand me a something different because I could “handle it better”

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It drives me bonkers!! Seriously I’m at the point where I walk away as soon as they try to hand me a 938 because it’s dainty and it’s what all women say they want. If I’m looking at .45 1911, don’t try to hand me a something different because I could “handle it better”
    Yep, I've mentioned that exact thing on ingo before. I never have done that to a woman. Learn the right way and you can rack and shoot anything you want to. Screw revolvers for self defense unless you are bosshoss or Jerry michalek

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom