Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just added a piece with metal from the apollo 11 command module (NASA certified) that took our nations heros to the moon in 1969, to my collection. I'm beyond thrilled. My daughter has a signed photo of Neil Armstrong (very rare & not common) that we got together several years before his death, and I have an apollo 11 mission patch. I'm thinking about making a nice frame up but I'll probably use a copy of the photo or just buy a copy because of its value. It's in the bank. Maybe she can buy a car with it one day if she wants who knows. She REALLY likes space. I hope she goes to space one day I'd be so proud.

Sorry I know this isnt CZ stuff but i know some of you guys like the same "dumb" stuff i do. My wife and my best friend always laugh at me.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just added a piece with metal from the apollo 11 command module (NASA certified) that took our nations heros to the moon in 1969, to my collection. I'm beyond thrilled. My daughter has a signed photo of Neil Armstrong (very rare & not common) that we got together several years before his death, and I have an apollo 11 mission patch. I'm thinking about making a nice frame up but I'll probably use a copy of the photo or just buy a copy because of its value. It's in the bank. Maybe she can buy a car with it one day if she wants who knows. She REALLY likes space. I hope she goes to space one day I'd be so proud.

Sorry I know this isnt CZ stuff but i know some of you guys like the same "dumb" stuff i do. My wife and my best friend always laugh at me.

Nothing dumb about this! This is awesome to be able to have such unique pieces of history.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Now, YOU are my hero ! :yesway:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I watched them land on the moon in 1969 ....with one of my oldest friends, on his parents black and white TV ! It was quite a moment !

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Nothing dumb about this! This is awesome to be able to have such unique pieces of history.
    That's how I feel too. To be able to touch something that special is so amazing. Other things too. Like carpet from fords theater or the white house or a brick from the white house (totaly rebuilt inside in the 50's and the govt auctioned off pieces of the building and furnature too), it's like having a time machine. Like an old CZ trade in from Israel too.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

You have no idea how NOT dumb that is. I just exclaimed to my fiance about how someone whos comments i read online has these items. Im geeking out for you.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Speaking of space, the Orionid meteor shower peaks this morning. Best time to watch will be early this morning as the moon sets.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Wind is blowing hard enough here over the plumbing vent that the water in the toilet bowl keeps fluctuating.
    But we still have power. Watching IU beat Penn state.

Where did IU best Penn State? I thought they lost by 5...

I was watching the Army game with about a minute left when we lost power. Missed the double OT!

Power was out for about 2 1/2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Speaking of space, the Orionid meteor shower peaks this morning. Best time to watch will be early this morning as the moon sets.

Wow cool thanks. I'll have to get the kids up

Happened to wake up and went outside at about 5:40am. I only have a view of a small portion of the sky due to the woods but still managed to see 4 meteors in 10 minutes.

Hope you got to see some.

Time to go back to sleep for some CZ dreams.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom