The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My shooting eye has been failing me for quite some time now. Finally went in for an eye exam for new glasses and found out I have cataract in both eyes with my right side being worse. They also want to start monitoring me glaucoma even though the test reading was on the low side. Looks like cataract surgery in the near future for me!

Hopefully the surgery will correct the issues.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    My shooting eye has been failing me for quite some time now. Finally went in for an eye exam for new glasses and found out I have cataract in both eyes with my right side being worse. They also want to start monitoring me glaucoma even though the test reading was on the low side. Looks like cataract surgery in the near future for me!
    Unfortunately at our age it has become pretty common. I hear that the surgery is not that bad and usually has very quick recovery in case it is required.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Damnit man.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I am more worried about getting on top of the glaucoma!
    Get at least two opinions on the glaucoma. Barb has had issues for a while. We think the opthalmologist she was seeing in Anderson was manipulating the equipment to get her reading up so as to sign her up for more surgery to correct. Pissed me off. She has a better, more honest doc in Greenwood now.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Now that it's finished, I'm actually a little sad .... it's truly the journey that's important, not the destination.
    The tusk is so hard, and since I final-sanded it with 600 grit. paper, it doesn't really need a coat of polyurethane, as I'd originally intended.
    I'm sure that it'll be making an appearance at a Gala Event ! :alright:

IMG_5950%20copy-L.jpg

IMG_5951%20copy-L.jpg

i-F295tM7-L.jpg

i-w6TSp4r-XL.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Get at least two opinions on the glaucoma. Barb has had issues for a while. We think the opthalmologist she was seeing in Anderson was manipulating the equipment to get her reading up so as to sign her up for more surgery to correct. Pissed me off. She has a better, more honest doc in Greenwood now.
    This is more common than folks know.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Now that it's finished, I'm actually a little sad .... it's truly the journey that's important, not the destination.
    The tusk is so hard, and since I final-sanded it with 600 grit. paper, it doesn't really need a coat of polyurethane, as I'd originally intended.
    I'm sure that it'll be making an appearance at a Gala Event ! :alright:

IMG_5950%20copy-L.jpg

IMG_5951%20copy-L.jpg

i-F295tM7-L.jpg

i-w6TSp4r-XL.jpg
    That is REALLY cool!!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I can't remember the price, but it certainly wasn't a 5 figure investment. I'm thinking it cost about the same as the boat, around $4K and the boat needed engine and wood repair. I learned a lot of things about boating during the 15 or so years I messed with it, like replacing wood pieces and sanding/finishing. Some of these skills I had already from furniture and cars. Wood boats have to be covered or you will be sanding, varnishing, and polishing every year.
    Days of cheap boating.......gone!!!! Damn Chicagoians are infecting our area. Since they put the sewer system in around Barbee, all the "lakers" (people who don't live here full time like my family does) are tearing down the quaint lake cabins and putting up 2 to 3 story "Tauge Ma Halls". My wife found a deal on our used lift at $3300, BUT the new additions to it and socket and lift installation, put the cost over $10k. I'm building a permanent roof on ours, so I don't have to spend $2k on some cheap fabric I have to replace every 5 years. I wish now I would have bought a 40 acre place in a woods with a shooting range.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Got my second Covid booster today. Figured I'd be another test dummy for everyone else. Also one daughter, the other daughter's hubby and my grandson have all had/have Covid in the last two weeks and current plans have them all coming down to visit next weekend.

I'm considering going shooting that day and letting the cat entertain them. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been lucky mine was/is an honest man. He's had my interests in mind for over 30 years. Still go to him. Refreshing to see such integrity in practice.
    We have weeded out the bad players in our issues. Fairly blessed with the care we are currently getting. Both for CKW and myself.
    My oncologist was a prick. And was a profit monger. Did I mention he was a prick. I say was because we fired him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Days of cheap boating.......gone!!!! Damn Chicagoians are infecting our area. Since they put the sewer system in around Barbee, all the "lakers" (people who don't live here full time like my family does) are tearing down the quaint lake cabins and putting up 2 to 3 story "Tauge Ma Halls". My wife found a deal on our used lift at $3300, BUT the new additions to it and socket and lift installation, put the cost over $10k. I'm building a permanent roof on ours, so I don't have to spend $2k on some cheap fabric I have to replace every 5 years. I wish now I would have bought a 40 acre place in a woods with a shooting range.
    Boating never has been cheap if one does it with any enthusiasm.
    When I met CKW I had a 21’ SeaRay cuddy with a small block Chevy and silver out drive. Water line exhaust with water baffles. Water was injected into the manifolds to baffle the sound. It was fully adjustable from Zero to park ranger acceptability. The engine made well north of 400HP. It hated lake gas. If we stayed all weekend we pulled it out at night, went outside the park and filled it up with decent pump gas and added a 5gallon jug of Cam II. Man that boat hauled butt.
    CKW’s grandparents owned a 26’ riviera cruiser pontoon with a 90hp outboard. They passed and she inherited it. It was maybe 6 years old and stayed in a slip all summer. We kept the slip. So we had/ran/maintenanced 2 boats.
    Set the toon up to stay out all night. Air mattresses and a small genny with 2 big batteries. We could stay on the water all weekend and did several times.
    What great times.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom