The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Can I ask how many years ago that you bought the lift? and what was the weight capacity for that set up??
    I like your set up!!! Is that all poly?? or treated??

Treated lumber that I finished myself. The lift was rated for I think 4K pounds, all aluminum. I made what was a huge carpenters level/yard stick out of a really straight 2X4 with a level attached to it and used it to place the pilings which were galvanized chain link fence posts. Used a boat to position and drive through the muck into the clay during low water. Dock pieces were rolled from my drive to the ramp and placed on 55 gallon drums to float over the line of pilings and then the bungs removed so the dock settled on the pilings. I then drilled through the pilings and wood so the holes would match up and secured everything with stainless bolts. Lift was bought in 93, and that's an old picture. We moved to the woods 11 years ago and said good bye to boating and lake living. Here's a closer picture of the lift with the boat on it.old century.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Kosciusko county
    Very true, but I'm optimistic that Americans are starting to realize what a non-starter a lot of this Green Agenda garbage is. The push for ending fossil fuels and the repercussions of that has turned public opinion away from the dems and hopefully we'll see a red wave in November. If that momentum continues into the 2024 election, I'm hopeful we'll get someone in the white house who will reverse the idiocy of the current administration and get us back to energy independence. Here's hoping (and praying).
    I sure hope that happens man and i never thought to have seen the day of $5 gas!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Treated lumber that I finished myself. The lift was rated for I think 4K pounds, all aluminum. I made what was a huge carpenters level/yard stick out of a really straight 2X4 with a level attached to it and used it to place the pilings which were galvanized chain link fence posts. Used a boat to position and drive through the muck into the clay during low water. Dock pieces were rolled from my drive to the ramp and placed on 55 gallon drums to float over the line of pilings and then the bungs removed so the dock settled on the pilings. I then drilled through the pilings and wood so the holes would match up and secured everything with stainless bolts. Lift was bought in 93, and that's an old picture. We moved to the woods 11 years ago and said good bye to boating and lake living. Here's a closer picture of the lift with the boat on it.View attachment 210298
    can I ask what a new 4000# lift was in 1993?? I know that was many beers and piers ago.....LOL!!! A set up like that around here in the northern lakes region$$$$ is between $16 to $18k!!!!! That stupid cover is close to $2k BY ITSELF in a SunBrella or similar material........like I said awhile ago

Bust Out Another Thirty Thousand....aka BOATT.......LOL

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    can I ask what a new 4000# lift was in 1993?? I know that was many beers and piers ago.....LOL!!! A set up like that around here in the northern lakes region$$$$ is between $16 to $18k!!!!! That stupid cover is close to $2k BY ITSELF in a SunBrella or similar material........like I said awhile ago

Bust Out Another Thirty Thousand....aka BOATT.......LOL

I can't remember the price, but it certainly wasn't a 5 figure investment. I'm thinking it cost about the same as the boat, around $4K and the boat needed engine and wood repair. I learned a lot of things about boating during the 15 or so years I messed with it, like replacing wood pieces and sanding/finishing. Some of these skills I had already from furniture and cars. Wood boats have to be covered or you will be sanding, varnishing, and polishing every year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do not need to tell you anything or prove anything to you.

I did not voluntarily enter this discussion with you. It was you who misquoted me to make your inane point. I have simply been trying to distance myself from your misquote, yet you keep trying to draw me is as if you need somebody to argue with.

My involvement with you and this topic is complete.

You do you, and I’ll do me … again, I say, best of success in your life.
    Fellas this is neither the time or place.
    Not in this thread OK.
    Thanks and be safe.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    My shooting eye has been failing me for quite some time now. Finally went in for an eye exam for new glasses and found out I have cataract in both eyes with my right side being worse. They also want to start monitoring me glaucoma even though the test reading was on the low side. Looks like cataract surgery in the near future for me!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My shooting eye has been failing me for quite some time now. Finally went in for an eye exam for new glasses and found out I have cataract in both eyes with my right side being worse. They also want to start monitoring me glaucoma even though the test reading was on the low side. Looks like cataract surgery in the near future for me!
    Sorry to hear that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom