PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And people say I am paranoid for putting tape over camera lenses.

This last laptop doesn't even have a camera to put tape on. No microphone either.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out ta get me.

Though I'm kinda curious about where the mods would see my location as due to vpn... It'd be kind of cool to see how well that actually masks real locations.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This last laptop doesn't even have a camera to put tape on. No microphone either.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out ta get me.

Though I'm kinda curious about where the mods would see my location as due to vpn... It'd be kind of cool to see how well that actually masks real locations.
    Most recently Denver, CO. Yesterday was San Jose, CA

I'm starting to think you might be a commie with all these hits in these liberal states

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Been to Bonge’s lately? I have not been since it has a new owner and curious if its still worth the drive. Ought to be not too far for you.
    We have not been since the new owners, we have always enjoyed going there with the last owners. Weve never done the parking lot pre-game.
    I will speak to the girl and get her to get a reservation in the near future.
    I will say that we haven't heard anything bad with the changeover.

Edit,
    I just spoke to her, she will ask at work and see if anyone has been.
    I do know that when my son is back from Maryland we all will go for dinner near you at Sullivan's one night.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just realized this one was Friday night. Post #2565 was one from this AM.

Friday night one: did not receive the nice PM. This one, "Uuhhmm, I'm from Merrivile (spelling hometown wrong twice) I want to buy gun. I'm underage" got the terse memorandum which may have included the words, "this is a discussion forum with a classifieds section, this ain't Guns-R-Us."

It was a bit late for me to go to the blue room, so @Cameramonkey cyber-sleuthed and hammered the under-aged miscreant (or .gov Fed pretending to be an under-aged miscreant.)

Uh, is he/her banned? Or just told the rules.
    I'm hoping that person can stick around and learn.

Not trying to jog the mod's elbows.
    Just wondering.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    "Perk" of it was we could see their dm's. Saw some reallly interesting stuff.
    I’m on a truck/off road forum that uses the same platform as INGO, and it seems like conversations are visible to all. They show up on searches. Very creepy, kinda troublesome. Lots of buy/sell on there with no restrictions.
    Often wondered if conversations could be turned on to be visible here on INGO.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Uh, is he/her banned? Or just told the rules.
    I'm hoping that person can stick around and learn.

Not trying to jog the mod's elbows.
    Just wondering.
    He is more than perma banned. That is all I can say without having to kill you.

Mods have their devious little secrets. Backhoes and hogs may be involved. :whistle:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Long long long time ago I was a chat room moderator back when chat rooms where the cool place to be.

Place had maybe a hundred regular chatters out of a few thousand forum members.

The only need for a mod there was to keep trolls out-not so much the members.

"Perk" of it was we could see their dm's. Saw some reallly interesting stuff.

My IT job, we had access to provided computer/laptops.:n00b:

Thats all I will say.
    As the administrator of our Linux based open fire server I had access to all conversations. however, I stayed professional about it, and never went in to read anything I shouldn’t have other than to verify fixes worked.

I did accidentally read a few interesting conversations though. The things people will talk about in a system they believe is private/secure is incredible.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    He is more than perma banned. That is all I can say without having to kill you.
    Wait, there is more than perma banned?

:shoot:

Mods have their devious little secrets. Backhoes and hogs may be involved. :whistle:

Secrets are only secret if their secret. One of you guy’s is a cop or a spook. Or a hacker. Just a guess.

:bash:

:stickpoke:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    We have not been since the new owners, we have always enjoyed going there with the last owners. Weve never done the parking lot pre-game.
    I will speak to the girl and get her to get a reservation in the near future.
    I will say that we haven't heard anything bad with the changeover.

Edit,
    I just spoke to her, she will ask at work and see if anyone has been.
    I do know that when my son is back from Maryland we all will go for dinner near you at Sullivan's one night.
    Yeah, we always had fun there. I have some bittersweet memories of it.

This is a picture of all my closest friends and my wife (in red shirt - may she RIP) at Bonge’s in 2013.
    1727060948023.jpeg

Sullivans is 1 mile away from where I live. I have to resist the temptation to go there too often.

Excuse me, it’s getting a little dusty in here.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yeah, we always had fun there. I have some bittersweet memories of it.

This is a picture of all my closest friends and my wife (in red shirt - may she RIP) at Bonge’s in 2013.
    View attachment 382009

Sullivans is 1 mile away from where I live. I have to resist the temptation to go there too often.

Excuse me, it’s getting a little dusty in here.
    We like Sullivan's, we try to go about 2-3 times a year. My girls work Christmas party is held there in the side room, my son was a second with another salary employee last Christmas. Plant manager said company is paying the bar bill so help yourself, Shortly we were doing double Walker Blues on ice.
    It turned into a blur.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom