Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I disagree with your abilities being any less than my own. Having shot with you several times I'm always impressed with your level of skill. You are also the master of all trigger snobs, er, enthusiasts, at the very least where the CZ is concerned. You will notice things between two different guns that I could not perceive on my best day.

Having hit the range with you, I can say you are quite a good shot! :yesway:
    I'll second that about BA. He is a very good shot and shooter. He sells himself short.
    Thank you very much for that kind compliment. I have work to do still, never ending. It's a hobby where getting better at it could actualy save our life, so I do take it seriously as i know you do also.
    You are an excellent shot yourself.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I disagree with your abilities being any less than my own. Having shot with you several times I'm always impressed with your level of skill. You are also the master of all trigger snobs, er, enthusiasts, at the very least where the CZ is concerned. You will notice things between two different guns that I could not perceive on my best day.

Well, you're very kind in your assessment. I think we both know the truth but I will let that lie. As to the other, that doesn't really have a lot to do with skill. The Wizard and I were talking this morning about how many guns he has Cajunized just for me. We figure the number is slightly over 60. That might be a bit high, possibly, but if so it isn't by much. That's a lot of fancy triggers to pull. Plus, I've been running these nearly exclusively for years now. All of that has to buy you something. For me, it is the ability to feel the nuances between very fine custom CZ triggers. That and a buck will buy you a cup of coffee. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I REALLY want this but I've got the little voice in my head saying what if you dont like it? I'm not as familiar with these as you guys. The last rami I shot was BA's and that was like 3 or 4 years ago. I love that color and well basicly everything about it and its Wizardized too. Hmmmm

She is truly a peach. I wish I had the nickels.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Everyone has their niche. Is that the right word?
    For me its AR's. I know what things are supposed to feel like look like sound like ect. It's like an old wallet. But I still find stuff in it that I forgot about or didnt realize was there :):
    Always learning and its fun

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I REALLY want this but I've got the little voice in my head saying what if you dont like it? I'm not as familiar with these as you guys. The last rami I shot was BA's and that was like 3 or 4 years ago. I love that color and well basicly everything about it and its Wizardized too. Hmmmm

Nah....you don't really want it... :whistle:

It is a pretty awesome RAMI. Definitely was one of the guns that sent me down the CZ rabbit hole.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For me, with my very limited skill level, I need to stay close to home. For you and others with much greater abilities I wholeheartedly agree.

I believe from comments of others that you are underestimating your skills, but this is definitely where I am at, that said, I have owned and shot a lot of stuff over the years, and am familiar first hand with SAO, DA/SA, Revolvers, Striker fired, and so on from a handgun perspective (rifles not nearly as much). I trust I can pick any of them up and operate them safely if pressed to, but with my limited skill set and amount of practice time, I stick to what I know/carry (which is no safety striker fired) from a carry and practice perspective for the most part.

This is why I tend to stack deeper rather than wider (on firearms), and I also like to have a good amount of extra mags, ammo, etc that I consider consumables (and being invested in a specific platform makes that more viable).

All that said, hanging out in this thread, can challenge that resolve... some nice looking guns get posted and lots of enthusiasm as well as experience and just joy in shooting in this thread (which is why I have started reading this thread more, even though there are no CZ's in my stable at least currently. Those P10C's are tempting though).

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I believe from comments of others that you are underestimating your skills, but this is definitely where I am at, that said, I have owned and shot a lot of stuff over the years, and am familiar first hand with SAO, DA/SA, Revolvers, Striker fired, and so on from a handgun perspective (rifles not nearly as much). I trust I can pick any of them up and operate them safely if pressed to, but with my limited skill set and amount of practice time, I stick to what I know/carry (which is no safety striker fired) from a carry and practice perspective for the most part.

This is why I tend to stack deeper rather than wider (on firearms), and I also like to have a good amount of extra mags, ammo, etc that I consider consumables (and being invested in a specific platform makes that more viable).

All that said, hanging out in this thread, can challenge that resolve... some nice looking guns get posted and lots of enthusiasm as well as experience and just joy in shooting in this thread (which is why I have started reading this thread more, even though there are no CZ's in my stable at least currently. Those P10C's are tempting though).

My goal when I started was that every gun I owned would have the same trigger feel as nearly as that could be achieved. I wanted the same sights, same grip, etc. I achieved that goal. I had several (read many) CZs that, if blindfolded, most people could not tell one trigger from the other. I guess the downside of that is that as you accumulate these fantastic triggers, and shoot them pretty much exclusively, your ability to tell them apart grows really quickly. So, I achieved my basic objective but only in the hands of other shooters.
    But I am still able to pick up any of my children, regardless of where they are now, and it feels right at home after the first trigger pull. ;)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    So...speaking of Phantoms...I received mine from Peak Firearms through my LGS at a price below his cost. Maybe there are reasons why the price was better than right.

A few things about the transaction.

One very polite email was sent on day four-ish (after not even receiving an order confirmation though CC was billed). No response. A second slightly stern but still polite email was sent on day six-ish along with a phone call. Response was very apologetic - said it slipped through the cracks, overwhelmed with orders, etc. Offered a free hat (@@). No problem. These things happen. I was out of town and told them I just wanted to make sure it was moving forward. Firearm was shipped shortly thereafter. Had this been the end of it I would not have even mentioned in here.

The firearm was received by my LGS and was well packed. Upon my inspection of the firearm, two things stood out. 1) the firearms is a 2017 production - not really a big deal. 2) the barrel has cycling wear marks though no other signs of use. The firearm, as has been my limited experience with CZ, was dripping in oil from the case.

Here is the one that gets me.

Apparently my LGS was also receiving a Kimber from Peak Firearms that was purchased by another local. They came in the same shipment and when the Kimber buyer walked into the LGS he said something to the effect of "Hey, Peak Firearms said they sold (insert my name here) a CZ. Can I take a look at it?" My LGS said he doesn't disclose that info and moved on only stopping to tell me what had occurred. No one other than my LGS, Peak Firearms and this thread knew I ordered the Phantom (this is a private thread, right?).

So....if someone is lurking here and put two and two together, please let me know. I am cool with that. Stop by and let's go shoot the CZ. Bring the Kimber.

If not, and Peak Firearms disclosed my NAME and order information to another customer - I am on the phone with them.

Yes, CM, I know - don't buy online....
    "Hey, Peak Firearms said....
    to me this means that the customer got the information exactly from Peak Firearms. What could have happened is the customer called Peak Firearms to find out when his order is getting shipped and PF said "it's shipping out tomorrow along with a CZ bought by John Doe" (If that's your real name sorry)
    I am a private person as well, so I can understand why this would be unsettling, but if Peak Firearms sends you a Kimber for your trouble then I would just drop it after that :)

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Nah....you don't really want it... :whistle:

It is a pretty awesome RAMI. Definitely was one of the guns that sent me down the CZ rabbit hole.
    Ok, I thought that was the one I was remembering. I dry fired it a couple times at The Wizard's place, and could hardly believe something in such a tidy little package could be so sweetly tuned. EVERYTHING about that RAMI is tip-top, and the cerakoted color combo takes it over the finish line.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    "Hey, Peak Firearms said....
    to me this means that the customer got the information exactly from Peak Firearms. What could have happened is the customer called Peak Firearms to find out when his order is getting shipped and PF said "it's shipping out tomorrow along with a CZ bought by John Doe" (If that's your real name sorry)
    I am a private person as well, so I can understand why this would be unsettling, but if Peak Firearms sends you a Kimber for your trouble then I would just drop it after that :)

I might not for a Kimber. ;)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    As I sit here at my desk my Rami is sitting on the desk. I catch myself looking over at it and sometimes picking it up and checking it out even pulling the trigger a time or two or ten(O ring in place). I will be having this one fully tuned with a Pro Package at some point. Overall I just like the way it feels in the hand. What more can I say this one is a keeper.

Exactly ! ..... that's what I love about mine the best.
    If I hadn't just bought one, I certainly would jump on the green RAMI that ChrisK has for sale. Like others, I handled it at the snogopolis, and fell in immediate lust.

If doddg is reading ..... you can't compare a RAMI to a Shield, or a G43 .... it's bigger and chumkier. Yes, it can be carried, but not in a pocket or ankle holster (which you've stated is your preferred CC method).

I'm back from the cabin .... going to clean the 'TUFFY' ( I love saying that word !) :D, repack and replenish .... and head back to the cabin. I love it too much to let summer slip away.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Caveats aside, there really is no right or wrong way to choose. You can be of the mindset to only shoot your carry guns or similar, or you can be of the mindset to own and shoot them all. Whatever floats your boat, from a gun ownership and range fun perspective. As long as you train with what you carry enough for it to be dependable for you, I think the rest can just sort itself out.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wonder how many CZs BA has been responsible for selling over the last decade. When I got into CZs around 2009 to 2010, they were well regarded, yet still obscure. They were like a hundred other nice guns that nobody knew existed (Radoms, Systemas, etc). I liked them because they were well build guns yet were available for under $300 on the surplus market. It was not until I met BA that I realized how good these guns could become. I think that BA's evangelism of the platform has helped them become as well regarded as they are now. He and the Wizard continually served up the best guns that you could hope to shoot to a bunch of non-CZ shooters, making them into CZ shooters too. Heck, they even turned a grizzled old 1911 guru into a fan of the platform. And, the community continues to grow as new friends join to collectively sip the Koolaide.

That took forever to type left handed...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My goal when I started was that every gun I owned would have the same trigger feel as nearly as that could be achieved. I wanted the same sights, same grip, etc. I achieved that goal. I had several (read many) CZs that, if blindfolded, most people could not tell one trigger from the other. I guess the downside of that is that as you accumulate these fantastic triggers, and shoot them pretty much exclusively, your ability to tell them apart grows really quickly. So, I achieved my basic objective but only in the hands of other shooters.
    But I am still able to pick up any of my children, regardless of where they are now, and it feels right at home after the first trigger pull. ;)
    I used to be the same way making everything identical. I dont worry about this anymore. My actual carry guns (glock 19, shield, g26, bodyguard) are stock, However a more visible front sight has become more important to me now than ever before. I'm changing out some sights this next week. I just ordered a new sight pusher for this. I have one now but it's not a good one and it's a pain in the ass on some pistols. The new one is a professional one and will last me forever and I consider it a SHTF prep also. Gotta maintain those weapons if the end of the world as we know it happens ;)
    I'm actualy not a custom trigger snob on pistols believe it or not. On AR's yes I am. I have $200-300 triggers in probably 10 AR's off the top of my head, and I've "worked" on others and they are better than stock but I havent ****ed up reliability or durability at all.
    With pistols, I shoot glocks which have mediocre triggers in my opinion but you get used to them :): I do have 3 glocks with some sort of customized triggers and in one I have a $300 trigger kit. I used it as my carry gun so I never installed all of the parts but now I have and the trigger is nicer. I've shot that glock a lot. It's been through 2 classes too. No failures, that's why I shoot glocks. It is not my carry gun anymore. Not for a year at least maybe more. I'm bad with time.
    The triggers on the CZ's are pretty good just factory. Well I'd actualy say amazing compared to glocks lol. I do have other pistols with nice triggers so its not like I'm experiencing something earth shattering but its pleasant. However the wizardized triggers are something to behold and I think I did hear trumpets sounding at the last range trip while shooting a wizardized CZ :):
    That being said the trigger on my p01 I actualy love and I have decided it will not be getting any love. It's going to get better the more I shoot it most likely but if it just stayed as it is now I would be thrilled too.
    My sp01 tactical will be getting wizard love though. It is also an awesome trigger but not as awesome as the p01 so it's been selected ;)
    I have a p10c coming now and I will be installing an aftermarket trigger in it.
    For me, a decent trigger with a clean break is all I need to be accurate. I honestly can shoot my carry glock 19 gen5 with the factory trigger just as good as I can a custom shop CZ trigger and yes even a wizardized trigger in a 75 compact. However the nicer trigger is a joy to me. It is like a great bourbon. All bourbon will get you drunk if that's your desired outcome (for me its not) but when you are drinking it's always best to really enjoy it in my opinion. Same with the guns. I get there just the same regardless of the trigger. Some people may not be the same as me and that's ok. But I am telling my own personal truth.
    The CZ's are not going to be carry guns for me. They are range toys, even my new p10c. I only bought it because I like shooting it and it will be a toy I enjoy playing with however I could defend my life with any of them and feel comfortable.

For me the trigger of the gun is not what is the most important thing to me. I have to feel it in my hands and shooting it I have to enjoy the way it points and recoils. The grip is very important to. Reliability and durability is also key. I've owned guns that were absolutely beautiful but they werent reliable. They are not in my collection any longer.
    Sorry I rambled.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom