• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I just acquired a little sister to my SP-01! Bradis happened to have a really nice deal on a Compact, so it jumped into the truck and came home with me. I'm now looking forward to a range trip later this week to break her in. :rockwoot:

After taking the pic, I realized I'd contaminated the 01 with sawdust from today's project of sizing and mounting a sliding door for the basement...ah, well. Too late now, and the CZ beauty still shines through even though they're both factory spec'ed. Maybe one day I'll scare up the $$ for Cajunizing, but honestly the 01 shoots just fine as-is for now. I'm hoping the Compact feels even close to as good!

attachment.php
    Very cool! Let us know how it does!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As long as you are shooting your carry guns religiously, and I know you do, it doesn't really matter how many others come along for the ride. ;)

I find it a net positive, as it gives you exposure to guns other than your carry weapons. I agree that you want to have the muscle memory and such locked in for your carry gun, but having experience with other weapons gives you additional familiarity in case a situation comes along that you somehow don't have your carry weapon to defend yourself with. I'm not going to belabor what if scenarios, but I think it's beneficial to have exposure to more guns than just your carry gun. The caveat being that you have the continued training needed with the primary weapon of course. I don't think that occasionally shooting something else "dilutes" your muscle memory for your carry weapon.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I find it a net positive, as it gives you exposure to guns other than your carry weapons. I agree that you want to have the muscle memory and such locked in for your carry gun, but having experience with other weapons gives you additional familiarity in case a situation comes along that you somehow don't have your carry weapon to defend yourself with. I'm not going to belabor what if scenarios, but I think it's beneficial to have exposure to more guns than just your carry gun. The caveat being that you have the continued training needed with the primary weapon of course. I don't think that occasionally shooting something else "dilutes" your muscle memory for your carry weapon.

For me, with my very limited skill level, I need to stay close to home. For you and others with much greater abilities I wholeheartedly agree.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So...speaking of Phantoms...I received mine from Peak Firearms through my LGS at a price below his cost. Maybe there are reasons why the price was better than right.

A few things about the transaction.

One very polite email was sent on day four-ish (after not even receiving an order confirmation though CC was billed). No response. A second slightly stern but still polite email was sent on day six-ish along with a phone call. Response was very apologetic - said it slipped through the cracks, overwhelmed with orders, etc. Offered a free hat (@@). No problem. These things happen. I was out of town and told them I just wanted to make sure it was moving forward. Firearm was shipped shortly thereafter. Had this been the end of it I would not have even mentioned in here.

The firearm was received by my LGS and was well packed. Upon my inspection of the firearm, two things stood out. 1) the firearms is a 2017 production - not really a big deal. 2) the barrel has cycling wear marks though no other signs of use. The firearm, as has been my limited experience with CZ, was dripping in oil from the case.

Here is the one that gets me.

Apparently my LGS was also receiving a Kimber from Peak Firearms that was purchased by another local. They came in the same shipment and when the Kimber buyer walked into the LGS he said something to the effect of "Hey, Peak Firearms said they sold (insert my name here) a CZ. Can I take a look at it?" My LGS said he doesn't disclose that info and moved on only stopping to tell me what had occurred. No one other than my LGS, Peak Firearms and this thread knew I ordered the Phantom (this is a private thread, right?).

So....if someone is lurking here and put two and two together, please let me know. I am cool with that. Stop by and let's go shoot the CZ. Bring the Kimber.

If not, and Peak Firearms disclosed my NAME and order information to another customer - I am on the phone with them.

Yes, CM, I know - don't buy online....

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So...speaking of Phantoms...I received mine from Peak Firearms through my LGS at a price below his cost. Maybe there are reasons why the price was better than right.

One very polite email was sent on day four-ish (after not even receiving an order confirmation though CC was billed). No response. A second slightly stern but still polite email was sent on day six-ish along with a phone call. Response was very apologetic - said it slipped through the cracks, overwhelmed with orders, etc. Offered a free hat (@@). No problem. These things happen. I was out of town and told them I just wanted to make sure it was moving forward. Firearm was shipped shortly thereafter. Had this been the end of it I would not have even mentioned in here.

The firearm was received by my LGS and was well packed. Upon my inspection of the firearm, two things stood out. 1) the firearms is a 2017 production - not really a big deal. 2) the barrel has cycling wear marks though no other signs of use. The firearm, as has been my limited experience with CZ, was dripping in oil from the case.

Apparently my LGS was also receiving a Kimber from Peak Firearms that was purchased by another local. They came in the same shipment and when the Kimber buyer walked into the LGS he said something to the effect of "Hey, Peak Firearms said they sold (insert my name here) a CZ. Can I take a look at it?" My LGS said he doesn't disclose that info and moved on only stopping to tell me what had occurred. No one other than my LGS, Peak Firearms and this thread knew I ordered the Phantom (this is a private thread, right?).

So....if someone is lurking here and put two and two together, please let me know. I am cool with that. Stop by and let's go shoot the CZ. Bring the Kimber.

If not, and Peak Firearms disclosed my NAME and order information to another customer - I am on the phone with them.

That’s just not right... hopefully there is a reasonable explanation behind it by I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yep. I try to get familiar with most all types that I can just in case. I really want to be able to just pick up a gun for the first time and have all my holes close to each other hopefully :):
    I really like to stretch pistols out to like the 25 yard mark and try to dial them in. It gives me a chance to see what I'm doing wrong. Seeing a little target isnt as easy that far away though lol. Just mostly fun but it's also forcing me to use fundamentals to even hit the paper.
    I deffinately shoot my carry gun the best I think but these CZ's have become a true joy for me. I'm not gonna lie, the last couple range trips I've went for pure CZ fun and not really carry gun practice lol. For me thats a big thing. But I always put 2 mags minimum through my carry gun. I need to get better. Always trying for my own personal best.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Yeah NOT ok at all. I would be ****ing pissed as hell and up their ass. Not that its going to do any good but they wouldnt get my business again most likely. I'm very private and especialy about my guns and certain other things. If I share something online it's a calculated decision 95% of the time trust me. Sometimes I'll get to "talking" and let slip too much personal info for my taste but not often.
    The people I want to be able to contact me know how to and they are people who I share things with. But some random stranger hell no.
    We deal in a hobby that for one is a target of some whackos. Also we deal in a very expenssive hobby and most of us have more money in guns than some peoples retirement accounts. That makes a wrong move a possible fatal one. Yep I mean as in, robbed and killed by criminals.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For me, with my very limited skill level, I need to stay close to home. For you and others with much greater abilities I wholeheartedly agree.

I disagree with your abilities being any less than my own. Having shot with you several times I'm always impressed with your level of skill. You are also the master of all trigger snobs, er, enthusiasts, at the very least where the CZ is concerned. You will notice things between two different guns that I could not perceive on my best day.

Yep. I try to get familiar with most all types that I can just in case. I really want to be able to just pick up a gun for the first time and have all my holes close to each other hopefully :):
    I really like to stretch pistols out to like the 25 yard mark and try to dial them in. It gives me a chance to see what I'm doing wrong. Seeing a little target isnt as easy that far away though lol. Just mostly fun but it's also forcing me to use fundamentals to even hit the paper.
    I deffinately shoot my carry gun the best I think but these CZ's have become a true joy for me. I'm not gonna lie, the last couple range trips I've went for pure CZ fun and not really carry gun practice lol. For me thats a big thing. But I always put 2 mags minimum through my carry gun. I need to get better. Always trying for my own personal best.

Having hit the range with you, I can say you are quite a good shot! :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom