88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sounds like a great night Patience. Congrats to Barb.

Despite risking being disowned by this group, I have to admit that I've been in a G***k mood lately. My G23 has been getting carry and range time again and I'm starting to really enjoy the G30sf. It has a nasty habit of launching brass straight to my forehead, but I think I am on to the cause and just need to test it to see if the last tweak did the trick. If anyone ever tells you that a G***k is a solid, perfect pistol that needs no break in, what they are really saying is that they don't know squat about guns. I like the things, but apart from .40 CZs, they have been the most troublesome brand of guns I've owned. I've never had issues with a 1911 that even approach the issues I've had with the G guns. The .40 CZs have given me a lot of grief, but the 9mm CZs have been near perfect.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sounds like a great night Patience. Congrats to Barb.

Despite risking being disowned by this group, I have to admit that I've been in a G***k mood lately. My G23 has been getting carry and range time again and I'm starting to really enjoy the G30sf. It has a nasty habit of launching brass straight to my forehead, but I think I am on to the cause and just need to test it to see if the last tweak did the trick. If anyone ever tells you that a G***k is a solid, perfect pistol that needs no break in, what they are really saying is that they don't know squat about guns. I like the things, but apart from .40 CZs, they have been the most troublesome brand of guns I've owned. I've never had issues with a 1911 that even approach the issues I've had with the G guns. The .40 CZs have given me a lot of grief, but the 9mm CZs have been near perfect.

I've been in a G***k mood as well. Never thought I'd be back to being a fan and honestly I'm not, but I love the G23 NiBX I picked up. The thing is NOT reliable, which is why it's headed to Charlie Thomas to troubleshoot for me. I'm confident he'll resolve the issue and get it functioning the way it should. While he has it I'm going to have him do a trigger job on it so it's similar to yours, which is a very nice trigger (for a G***k). Like you, I've had several G***k's that were not reliable, so anyone saying they're the most reliable guns either doesn't know what they're talking about, or they've gotten lucky with the G***k's they've owned. Out of 8 that I've owned, 5 have had some type of issue or another. Compare that to 100% reliability in my CZ's, my S&W's, my Canik's and pretty close in my 1911's. Honestly G***k's have been the least reliable handguns I've owned.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just got back from the range. Met my nephew, who had bought my spare Canik TP9SF Elite. It's his first handgun and he really enjoyed shooting it. I'm happy he ended up with what seems to be a nice, accurate, reliable handgun for a reasonable price. Hoping it serves him well.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I certainly won't give anybody a hard time over G***k love ..... I own four ! :D
    You might remember, I was belt-carrying a G27 for Patience's big shoot, although the G23 is my most carried one of the bunch.
    (personally, I've never had a single malfunction with any of them .... never, ever !)

Hopefully, CM won't ban me for showing this photo (please, o, please, CM !!!)
    This is one of my prize possessions. It came out right after the 9/11 tragedy, and they only made 1.000 of each of (3) models. Mine is a G22.
    Since purchasing it, I've never seen another.

i-mJwR3V6-XL.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I certainly won't give anybody a hard time over G***k love ..... I own four ! :D
    You might remember, I was belt-carrying a G27 for Patience's big shoot, although the G23 is my most carried one of the bunch.
    (personally, I've never had a single malfunction with any of them .... never, ever !)

This is one of my prize possessions. It came out right after the 9/11 tragedy, and they only made 1.000 of each of (3) models. Mine is a G22.

i-mJwR3V6-XL.jpg

Very nice MM! :yesway:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

i-mJwR3V6-XL.jpg

My dad has one of these in a G21. He is a retired fireman and it is one of his prized possessions.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Hope all are doing well, just shot a few hundred rounds with my new P-10 and will say it is very solid and easy to shoot gun! But have to add that my experience with the Glock 19s has been awesome and have several that are keepers!psyko

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

i-mJwR3V6-XL.jpg

:bat:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I find it funny how different guns can grab different people. Or, for that matter, how different guns can grab the same person. Of all of the 9mms I've owned, I have not found anything that shoots better than a CZ. I have a G23 that I really like and wanted to like the G19 but failed. They just didn't work for me. Now, when you look at my .40s, it's the exact opposite. I figured that if I love the 9mm CZs, the .40s would be a natural but no. I've had a couple of .40 CZs that took some serious love to keep from cutting them in two to save anyone else the experience. They are working now, but I still don't know that I feel the same about them as I do my G23. I don't know why, but losing one round in my P07 bothers me more than it should as you could argure that I'd most likely do as much with 13 rounds of .40 in a P07 as I could with 14 rounds of .40 out of the G23.

Now, you'd figure that if I'm a big fan of the G23, that a G22 would be a natural but those hold no attraction to me. It's the P09 that I'm in love with for full size .40 carry. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to what tickles my fancy except that just about any caliber in a 1911 will shoot better than it will in anything else.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I find it funny how different guns can grab different people. Or, for that matter, how different guns can grab the same person. Of all of the 9mms I've owned, I have not found anything that shoots better than a CZ. I have a G23 that I really like and wanted to like the G19 but failed. They just didn't work for me. Now, when you look at my .40s, it's the exact opposite. I figured that if I love the 9mm CZs, the .40s would be a natural but no. I've had a couple of .40 CZs that took some serious love to keep from cutting them in two to save anyone else the experience. They are working now, but I still don't know that I feel the same about them as I do my G23. I don't know why, but losing one round in my P07 bothers me more than it should as you could argure that I'd most likely do as much with 13 rounds of .40 in a P07 as I could with 14 rounds of .40 out of the G23.

Now, you'd figure that if I'm a big fan of the G23, that a G22 would be a natural but those hold no attraction to me. It's the P09 that I'm in love with for full size .40 carry. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to what tickles my fancy except that just about any caliber in a 1911 will shoot better than it will in anything else.

I'm the exact same way! My G23 is my winter carry gun right now. The G19 I have has never been carried nor will it ever. For some reason I can just not acclimate myself to the gun/caliber combination. I love it for plinking since 9mm is much cheaper but I still seem to shoot it consistently worse than my G23 after a thousand+ rounds.

As for the CZs I can say I love my current .40 just as much as a I do my 9. That could change down the road if I ever get the P-06, 40P, or SP-01 in .40 and end up having some of the similar problems that you have mentioned before.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Good morning everybody! Enjoying some :coffee: it is definitely needed today.

I'm going to nerd out for a minute. I went to Woodcraft yesterday and saw what is probably the most beautiful slab of wood I've ever seen. It would be absolutely unbelievable if it had some oil on it. At $1800 I didn't walk away with it, but it sure was tempting. The wife would have hurt me, even though I could make a $10K table with it. It is curly California Redwood and it is amazing.

n3cF8kr.jpg

Ok turning the nerd switch off, for now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That is beautiful. Speaking of furniture building, has anyone gone to or considered going to the woodworking school down in Whiteland? It is supposed to be one of the best in the country but their tuition reflects that. Even with that, I've toyed with taking a class or two there for a couple of years but never had the time or money to do it.

https://marcadams.com/

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is beautiful. Speaking of furniture building, has anyone gone to or considered going to the woodworking school down in Whiteland? It is supposed to be one of the best in the country but their tuition reflects that. Even with that, I've toyed with taking a class or two there for a couple of years but never had the time or money to do it.

Time/money=NO................:)

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield

I drive by it with some frequency but that is about the extent of any thought I have put into it. My dad took a class somewhere a number of years ago. Not sure if it was there or not.Made a pretty nice cedar chest during the class if I recall.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man it was bitter outdoors today.......BBbbbrrrrrrrrrr

I was tempted to jump on the 6.5 Grendle AR in the classy's. I looked and thought and looked and thought and looked and thought some more. Shot him a PM with some questions and someone sent a solid "I will take it"...............After shooting Patience 6.5 I have been caught up in that vortex.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Man it was bitter outdoors today.......BBbbbrrrrrrrrrr

I was tempted to jump on the 6.5 Grendle AR in the classy's. I looked and thought and looked and thought and looked and thought some more. Shot him a PM with some questions and someone sent a solid "I will take it"...............After shooting Patience 6.5 I have been caught up in that vortex.

I have a similar conundrum. Selling my Legion and it'll give me plenty to pick up the Sig Scorpion 1911 in the classies... :ugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom