Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Woohoo. Picked up my G***k tonight and ran 75 problem free rounds through it. CharlieCo trigger job was very sweet. Going to run another hundred rounds or so through it on Saturday and we'll call it good :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glad to hear that it's running well for you WTB. Those are one of the best carry guns you can find. A near perfect balance of capacity, concealability and caliber. I've made a couple of tweaks to the G30sf and hope it runs as well as the G23 has for you. I really want to like that gun, but I'm carrying the CCO tonight.

I had a chance to stop by The Outdoorsman in Greenwood last night and that place has become CZ central for Indiana. There were 19, yes, 19 different models in the display case and a few held behind the counter for those with deep pockets. One of the one's they had last night was a CZ Czechmate Parrot. At over $3400, it's not coming home with me any time soon, but it was cool to see since there are only 85 in existence. A friend that works there said that they recently topped the other big CZ seller in Indiana to become the top CZ distributor in the state. That's kind of cool. They had an FDE SP01 Tactical that looked really good. I have a Tac that I think I'll send to AllenM to have Cerakoted in FDE. The gun really did come across quite well in that color.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, and regarding the 75B High Polish, I just plain forgot that I had it. I'll order up a Pro kit this winter and will finally make a decision regarding the grips. It's a gun that will never see carry and is intended to celebrate the spousal unit and my 30th anniversary (happened in 2015, so I'm a bit slow on this). Whatever I do, it will be more on the nice side than on the carry side.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Glad to hear that it's running well for you WTB. Those are one of the best carry guns you can find. A near perfect balance of capacity, concealability and caliber. I've made a couple of tweaks to the G30sf and hope it runs as well as the G23 has for you. I really want to like that gun, but I'm carrying the CCO tonight.

Thanks Tim. I'm hoping that the 100-150 rounds I run through it on Saturday are as reliable as the 75 rounds I put through it tonight :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, and regarding the 75B High Polish, I just plain forgot that I had it. I'll order up a Pro kit this winter and will finally make a decision regarding the grips. It's a gun that will never see carry and is intended to celebrate the spousal unit and my 30th anniversary (happened in 2015, so I'm a bit slow on this). Whatever I do, it will be more on the nice side than on the carry side.

What a great place to be in. I actually forgot I had it.....You have got to love that.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana

I had a chance to stop by The Outdoorsman in Greenwood last night and that place has become CZ central for Indiana. There were 19, yes, 19 different models in the display case and a few held behind the counter for those with deep pockets. One of the one's they had last night was a CZ Czechmate Parrot. At over $3400, it's not coming home with me any time soon, but it was cool to see since there are only 85 in existence. A friend that works there said that they recently topped the other big CZ seller in Indiana to become the top CZ distributor in the state. That's kind of cool. They had an FDE SP01 Tactical that looked really good. I have a Tac that I think I'll send to AllenM to have Cerakoted in FDE. The gun really did come across quite well in that color.

I stopped in Sunday after church and was really pleased by the selection. The guy behind the counter did in fact tell me that they were the biggest CZ dealer in Indiana. The gun that stuck out to me was the 85 Combat, considering I had just bought one Friday night and thought they were discontinued. Little to my knowledge they are actually a limited production as this one had a 2017 serial number. Still very happy with my purchase and good to see such a buffet of CZs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I stopped in Sunday after church and was really pleased by the selection. The guy behind the counter did in fact tell me that they were the biggest CZ dealer in Indiana. The gun that stuck out to me was the 85 Combat, considering I had just bought one Friday night and thought they were discontinued. Little to my knowledge they are actually a limited production as this one had a 2017 serial number. Still very happy with my purchase and good to see such a buffet of CZs.

And this is exactly why I will avoid the place like the plague............:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That 85B Combat did catch my eye. Damn, if I would not love to add that to the family. I'd really have to let something else go first though. I just don't know what it would be.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I really have loved everything about mine. Still have to put it through the paces, but dang is it slick! The two tone, along with amboyna burl on mine, really makes it pleasant to look at as well.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I really have loved everything about mine. Still have to put it through the paces, but dang is it slick! The two tone, along with amboyna burl on mine, really makes it pleasant to look at as well.

I've always enjoyed 1911's and CZ's due to the fact you can change out the grips. Sometimes a new set of grips makes a huge difference.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You don't want to be 'That guy'. You know, the one that goes out with an OC pistol that has grips that don't match the shirt. All the humanities!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom