• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Finally picked up my new to me CZ 85 Combat!! It was a smooth and painless armslist deal that included the original grips and a nice leather holster. I will post some better pics when I get the chance. I’m on the way to Greenwood for the weekend and hoping to shoot it tomorrow afternoon. What is the best range around there?
    View attachment 61577

It looks like you did very well!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Absolutely beautiful CM... you and Alan absolutely do fantastic work. I might have to drop off my C&S build for you to do your magic...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Finally picked up my new to me CZ 85 Combat!! It was a smooth and painless armslist deal that included the original grips and a nice leather holster. I will post some better pics when I get the chance. I’m on the way to Greenwood for the weekend and hoping to shoot it tomorrow afternoon. What is the best range around there?
    View attachment 61577

Very nice. As to ranges, depends on where you are in Southern IN.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    The 85 will likely go straight to the top of my favorites! What a pleasure to shoot! I went through 3 different types of 115gr ammo and did not have a single hiccup. I do to need to adjust the rear site a small bit more but didn't have my multi tool with me at the time.

On a different note, I will never go back to Point Blank. Talk about high prices, I mean Cabelas is cheaper! Being my first time there, I was expecting to have to watch a video and then be instructed by a range officer upon entrance. Neither of these were the case. To make it even worse there was a guy doing semi rapid fire with an SBR of some type. I've heard and read plenty of stories about muzzle blast and I have now experienced it first hand. All I could do was laugh and fire in between the reloading timeframe. The only positives I can think of are the plethora of CZs and the fact you cant shoot reloads. Quite an unpleasant trip!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The 85 will likely go straight to the top of my favorites! What a pleasure to shoot! I went through 3 different types of 115gr ammo and did not have a single hiccup. I do to need to adjust the rear site a small bit more but didn't have my multi tool with me at the time.

On a different note, I will never go back to Point Blank. Talk about high prices, I mean Cabelas is cheaper! Being my first time there, I was expecting to have to watch a video and then be instructed by a range officer upon entrance. Neither of these were the case. To make it even worse there was a guy doing semi rapid fire with an SBR of some type. I've heard and read plenty of stories about muzzle blast and I have now experienced it first hand. All I could do was laugh and fire in between the reloading timeframe. The only positives I can think of are the plethora of CZs and the fact you cant shoot reloads. Quite an unpleasant trip!

Don't let one bad trip ruin them for you. I've been going to Point Blank since they've opened and have yet to have a bad experience. Indoor ranges can suck on occasion, but I go to the range every weekend and enjoy it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I try and stay out of the indoor range settings on high traffic days.
    As to the blast....that is all part of the experience.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

When I'm next to someone using something that's either too loud even for me, or powerful enough to blow all of the stuff around in my lane, I ask to be moved to another lane, if possible. I know everyone is welcome to the indoor range, but there is such a thing as being considerate of other shooters. If I had a SBR with a comp blowing the gasses out to the side, I would only use it outdoors, or I'd ask to be put in a lane away from other people as much as possible. churchmouse nails one very helpful tip, go when there are less people. You can't always be sure, but around the time they open, or early morning to early afternoon on weekdays seem to be pretty calm. You can always use inside the ear protection and cans as well, so that the sound is cut down better. That's the way my wife does it and she says it's very helpful.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I never ever thought I would sell it but I have.
    My RH P-09 was wrested from my hands last night.
    Young man I know (built motor's and guns for him) was interested in CZ's as some if his friends had drank the :koolaid: and he was wanting to get in on the trend.
    I let him fondle the P-09 and he would not set it down. He kept laying "C" notes on the table until my resistance was futile.
    My only Polymer pistol........I has a sad.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I never ever thought I would sell it but I have.
    My RH P-09 was wrested from my hands last night.
    Young man I know (built motor's and guns for him) was interested in CZ's as some if his friends had drank the :koolaid: and he was wanting to get in on the trend.
    I let him fondle the P-09 and he would not set it down. He kept laying "C" notes on the table until my resistance was futile.
    My only Polymer pistol........I has a sad.

It happens. Sometimes you need the money and sometimes you just want to help someone else enjoy the gun and bring them some joy. My buddy asked me if I'd sell him my Legion and I said sure. He's been really wanting one and is trying to talk the wife into the purchase now. I'll be sad to let it go, as it's a darn fine handgun, but I can always get another down the line if I have to get one... :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It happens. Sometimes you need the money and sometimes you just want to help someone else enjoy the gun and bring them some joy. My buddy asked me if I'd sell him my Legion and I said sure. He's been really wanting one and is trying to talk the wife into the purchase now. I'll be sad to let it go, as it's a darn fine handgun, but I can always get another down the line if I have to get one... :dunno:

When he left with the gun/11 mags I turned to the spouse and put some money in her hand. She is a partner so to speak. Every movement in or out she gets some cash. I never have to ask. The lights are on and the fridge is full. This works very well...:):

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Friday after work I shot with Nsw550 a new friend in the CZ world. He has a urban gray SP-01 Tactical threaded barrel and the high sights for a can. It had been Cajunized by :dunno: and it is a tack driver with a great trigger. Being he was recently new to CZ's I let him shoot my Shadow & 97 and a few other's in my stable. I may have slightly started him down the CZ trigger snobbery path. He brought along a Sig Legion and a Kimber sub compact 1911 in 9mm, both are great shooting guns with the Sig having a crazy short reset! I think when we were done 2 hours had passed:laugh: If you get a chance to shoot with Nsw550 he is a great guy to throw lead with at the range:shoot:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Says the man with the killer muzzle break. :):

Morning all!
    My lovely spousal unit was honored last nite at the company Christmas party. 33 + yrs at her job. Nice citizen watch and bracelet combo. Several hundred dollars in gift cards. Some historical stories and a few tears. All in all, a good evening. At 70, she's finally decided to cut back to 3 days a week. ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom