• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Shot a Cajunized CZ SP01 for the first time on Saturday. It's a nice gun and the trigger pulls are definitely light, especially compared to my Sigs. It had significantly more muzzle flip than my Sigs, though. Single action on my Sigs is heavier, but better overall. The double action first shot was very nice, though. It was not easy reaching the trigger in D/A and reaching the thumb safety with my hand in firing grip is not possible.

I see why people like them, but my initial impression was contrary to how the fans feel about them. I confirmed that my choices are better for me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Picked up the new to me loaded.
    This is a seriously nicely fit out 1911. A deal that should not have languished in the classies like it did. Wow. Not a whole lot I need to do here but I will find something as I got it for a project.

1st.....Pearce grip enhancement.
    9LdjfbB.jpg

And they are fit.
    IAJhVbC.jpg

The sights are really nice. The trigger breaks at a clean 3 lds. The bushing is nicely fit up.
    Dang it all.

I like the look of that one CM. It has a business like aire to it. Nothing fancy, just a good old workhorse 1911. I'm sure it will be running as well as its stable mates within a couple of days.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Shot a Cajunized CZ SP01 for the first time on Saturday. It's a nice gun and the trigger pulls are definitely light, especially compared to my Sigs. It had significantly more muzzle flip than my Sigs, though. Single action on my Sigs is heavier, but better overall. The double action first shot was very nice, though. It was not easy reaching the trigger in D/A and reaching the thumb safety with my hand in firing grip is not possible.

I see why people like them, but my initial impression was contrary to how the fans feel about them. I confirmed that my choices are better for me.

It's funny how different guns impact different people. I have guns that I love, but when others shoot them, they are not impressed. I've shot other's guns that they've raved about with the same thing. Nice, but not for me. The odd thing is that I tend to get that with my own guns from time to time. I've been loving the P10C lately, but after a range trip this weekend, came away disappointed. I've had that same issue with my SP01. At times, I'll shoot it and think 'Wow, it's a keeper'. Other times, I look at it and think of it as trading stock for something different. If I fully Cajunize it, I'll probably move it firmly over to the 'must keep' side. Same thing with a G***k 23. At times, it's got one foot out the door. Others, it would be one of the last to go.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks Tim, I really appreciate all the information. My google search did not produce many results so this is all good to know.

Happy to help. I had a really bad initial experience with mine when it first got here. It's running well now, but it's got rather stout springs that don't bring out the best in a CZ. I'd hate to see someone else step into the same situation if they can help it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Same feeling I have when I shoot my buddies sig 226. It just feels wrong to me. Nothing about that firearm feels quite right in my hand. Funny how a gun someone really works well with can feel terrible to someone else.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same feeling I have when I shoot my buddies sig 226. It just feels wrong to me. Nothing about that firearm feels quite right in my hand. Funny how a gun someone really works well with can feel terrible to someone else.

This is something many do not understand.
    It plays right into the G**** 1911 thing.
    If I spend some time/ammo with a full size G**** I can hit what I am shooting at but it is never a pleasant experience. The grip angle/ergonomics just do not work for me.

H&K's as well. Just not a good fit.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm feeling a bit worn out right now. I was up past midnight last night helping my son change a valve cover gasket on his car and while it was a lot of fun as well as being a good bonding time between him and I, my back is feeling it today, as are my legs too. Tonight, it's off to a friend's garage to help him do brakes on a 1972 2002ti. It's all fun stuff, but I'm feeling my age when doing it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    BTW, I'm carrying the Cajunized P07 tonight. The P10C was disassembled, trigger modded and reassembled. It won't get carried until it's been tested to make sure I didn't screw anything up. I don't know why, but when ever I'm going into the city after dark, it always seems to be the P07 that is on my hip. It could be that the gun has been wonderfully consistent in reliability and accuracy. Could be that it's ugly and when going into a mediocre area of town to spend the evening in a warehouse full of old cars, ugly but functional is pure beauty.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    BTW, I'm carrying the Cajunized P07 tonight. The P10C was disassembled, trigger modded and reassembled. It won't get carried until it's been tested to make sure I didn't screw anything up. I don't know why, but when ever I'm going into the city after dark, it always seems to be the P07 that is on my hip. It could be that the gun has been wonderfully consistent in reliability and accuracy. Could be that it's ugly and when going into a mediocre area of town to spend the evening in a warehouse full of old cars, ugly but functional is pure beauty.

I understand the logic.
    Did you trim the bite out of the trigger on the 10.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I understand the logic.
    Did you trim the bite out of the trigger on the 10.

I hope so. It feels better when dry firing. I rounded the sharp inner edges of the two 'fangs' that the HBi trigger has on it. We'll see though. As much as I like the P10C, I think that the initial infatuation period is waning now. If the trigger felt like the P01/P07/75B or almost any other CZ, it would be perfect. But, that pinch/bite/slap or whatever it is, is getting old now. Sooner or later, someone will have a good fix for it I'm guessing.

I find myself at an odd place for gun ownership right now. If I don't count the last P09 I bought in October, it's been several months since I bought anything. I don't really count the P09 because I already had a P09 and the one I bought went to my son within 48 hours of getting it. Before that, it was a pre-B 75 that's still unfired (by me) sitting in the safe. I don't need it or have any plans for it either. Last spring, I bought a high polish stainless 75B, put 20 rounds through it and then disassembled it for internal polishing and a Pro kit. It too sits untouched for months now. I'm having trouble finding any enthusiasum for project guns at the moment. Quite odd for me since I normally love any type of project work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's interesting that you guys talk about the trigger on the P10C. I know it's completely different, but the SP01 I was shooting was doing something to my trigger finger. I don't know I was smacking it on the inside of the trigger guard when I was resetting or what.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I finally got a chance to dry fire a P10 the other day. I really liked it, but the trigger wasn't as special as some of the hype would lead you to believe. I'd put it in P320 territory, which is certainly good. But there are better striker triggers out there.

I still think there is a certain feel of the triggers in CZ polymer guns that I don't care for. Which is sad since their steel and alloy frame guns have such wonderful triggers.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That's interesting that you guys talk about the trigger on the P10C. I know it's completely different, but the SP01 I was shooting was doing something to my trigger finger. I don't know I was smacking it on the inside of the trigger guard when I was resetting or what.

FWIW, you were shooting a Cajunized 75 Omega. A Cajunized SP01 would probably be even nicer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom