• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I am looking at the Dan Wesson 715 .357 magnum revolver. Do you guys think it would be better to buy an older used one or buy a current production model?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Having read through much of this thread before I started participating, i kind of know the idea behind the 'Riley' guns.
    However, I don't remember seeing a photo of Riley 3. Do you have a photo, CM ? I'd enjoy a good drool !

On a personal note, my youngest daughter was struck by a school bus when she was 14, and suffered a TBI (traumatic brain injury). She spent a month in Riley. It's truly a wonderful hospital.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Having read through much of this thread before I started participating, i kind of know the idea behind the 'Riley' guns.
    However, I don't remember seeing a photo of Riley 3. Do you have a photo, CM ? I'd enjoy a good drool !

On a personal note, my youngest daughter was struck by a school bus when she was 14, and suffered a TBI (traumatic brain injury). She spent a month in Riley. It's truly a wonderful hospital.

I do hope everything turned out good!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You actually held it at our last gathering I believe.
    Total custom build with the help of AllenM

raQoONt.jpg

VXzTzrE.jpg

MgPA4zf.jpg

y0oleSJ.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I do hope everything turned out good!

Thanks, GregD .... yes it did. It took a couple of surgeries, and about two years of various 'therapies', but she recovered.
    Today, she's the 7th grade science teacher at a large middle school. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ah, yes, I do remember it, CM. It's not the one that I shot, but I did see it and briefly held it. Sweet piece ! :yesway:

It really is a nice example. Slide/frame is amazing. AllenM is the man on his machines.
    The fellow that is interested is mulling this over. Not a done deal yet but might be. If not I will just bide my time. The right person will be along for this one. Not up to letting it go to an unknown home. I have a lot of emotion in this one.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It really is a nice example. Slide/frame is amazing. AllenM is the man on his machines.
    The fellow that is interested is mulling this over. Not a done deal yet but might be. If not I will just bide my time. The right person will be along for this one. Not up to letting it go to an unknown home. I have a lot of emotion in this one.

I understand ..... and will keep this situation in mind !

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I loved the PPQ trigger and agree with you that it's the best I've ever felt in a poly/striker fired gun. I had issues with unintentional double taps on mine though, no matter how hard I tried not to. I also noticed odd "feedback" going into my support hand, forward thumb with the PPQ that I don't get from my Canik. If you haven't tried a Canik TP9SF Elite, I suggest trying one. I'm very impressed with the gun. Great trigger and sights out of the box and wonderful accuracy.

I had a double tap once with mine. But I come from shooting AR's, and got into pistols. I'm pretty good with follow-through on my trigger pulls, and I think you have to with a PPQ. I absolutely love mine. The one thing I don't like is that my dominant thumb likes to ride the slide release. So I have to rest it on my support thumb knuckle to compensate. Not a big deal, but not optimal. Still, that's better than anything else I've tried. Of all the striker pistols I have been around, I'd say the Canik TP9 would be my second choice.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had a double tap once with mine. But I come from shooting AR's, and got into pistols. I'm pretty good with follow-through on my trigger pulls, and I think you have to with a PPQ. I absolutely love mine. The one thing I don't like is that my dominant thumb likes to ride the slide release. So I have to rest it on my support thumb knuckle to compensate. Not a big deal, but not optimal. Still, that's better than anything else I've tried. Of all the striker pistols I have been around, I'd say the Canik TP9 would be my second choice.

Unfortunately I had my PPQ before I'd been shooting long. I think that was part of the problem. It's a moot point now because as much as I loved the PPQ, I'm pretty well sold on the Canik. I have two Elites and am thinking seriously of grabbing a nice holster and some night sights and making one my new carry gun. The other will just be a backup I guess ;)

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Unfortunately I had my PPQ before I'd been shooting long. I think that was part of the problem. It's a moot point now because as much as I loved the PPQ, I'm pretty well sold on the Canik. I have two Elites and am thinking seriously of grabbing a nice holster and some night sights and making one my new carry gun. The other will just be a backup I guess ;)

Why not? They're great pistols. The trigger is every bit as good or better than the P10, the ergos are really nice. Actually, it reminds me of a P10, but for less money. If I didn't have my PPQ, that's what I would probably buy. But what I really want right now is a Q5. Oooohh momma.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Why not? They're great pistols. The trigger is every bit as good or better than the P10, the ergos are really nice. Actually, it reminds me of a P10, but for less money. If I didn't have my PPQ, that's what I would probably buy. But what I really want right now is a Q5. Oooohh momma.

Interesting. Reminds me of the Canik TP9 SFX.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well it appears that Riley III will be staying with me. I underestimated the individual that wanted it. On this piece the price is set and there will be no dickering. He knew that and started dickering. Oh well.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Speaking of prices further up, and creative listings, I've been sort of watching the classifieds for one of you guys to get tired of the all-steel railed 75B Compacts that were out briefly this summer. Some of you were calling them SP-01 Compacts IIRC. Anyway, I saw this recently on AL:

https://www.armslist.com/posts/7472856/indiana-handguns-for-sale--cz-99021-sp01-compact-mini-sp01

If I had known these would become worth triple the the investment as instant limited-run collector's items, I'd have picked up the one I saw at the LGS! I snoozed, and lost. :sigh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Speaking of prices further up, and creative listings, I've been sort of watching the classifieds for one of you guys to get tired of the all-steel railed 75B Compacts that were out briefly this summer. Some of you were calling them SP-01 Compacts IIRC. Anyway, I saw this recently on AL:

https://www.armslist.com/posts/7472856/indiana-handguns-for-sale--cz-99021-sp01-compact-mini-sp01

If I had known these would become worth triple the the investment as instant limited-run collector's items, I'd have picked up the one I saw at the LGS! I snoozed, and lost. :sigh:

Wow. If they get that money I will regret letting the one I had go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom