Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sadly, neither of my sons carry a CZ. Both of their pre-Bs are range guns and the oldest carries a commander sized 1911. The youngest is carrying my Sig P938 now and uses a Sig P320 full size .45 for his nightstand gun. Both are on the thin side and have trouble concealing the double stack CZs.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sadly, neither of my sons carry a CZ. Both of their pre-Bs are range guns and the oldest carries a commander sized 1911. The youngest is carrying my Sig P938 now and uses a Sig P320 full size .45 for his nightstand gun. Both are on the thin side and have trouble concealing the double stack CZs.

Why worry about concealing? I can carry my full size Legion OWB at this time of year with a light shirt or jacket covering it, with no one noticing. My G23 conceals almost as well as my Shield carried OWB with a loose T-shirt over it. Yeah, it prints a little, but 90% of folks won't notice. Then there's always the OC option ;)

OK I am out. Tomorrow will be a long day

Have a good one churchmouse! :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why worry about concealing? I can carry my full size Legion OWB at this time of year with a light shirt or jacket covering it, with no one noticing. My G23 conceals almost as well as my Shield carried OWB with a loose T-shirt over it. Yeah, it prints a little, but 90% of folks won't notice. Then there's always the OC option ;)

Have a good one churchmouse! :yesway:

We hope this show is better than the last one.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    It's been a while since I did much monkeying around with my CZ's (since we have The Wizard, right??). I swapped out the factory hammer spring in my son's 75B Compact with the next weight down from my left-over Cajon parts, which is the blue 13# spring. Easy as could be, and reliably sets off my laser cartridge just fine. What a difference that one spring makes! But holy goodness, that magazine brake is a PITA.

*Update*
    Took the boy and his new-to-him 75B Compact up to Tim's in Westfield to give it a go. It was lights-out accurate, and completely reliable with the new 13# hammer spring. What a hoot! Gave my Wizardized P-01 the business today as well, and there's nothing about it that doesn't make me smile.

Last edited:

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Well I am semi-finished with a reloading project. I like to stretch my dollar on anything I do. I needed case cleaning added to my setup. I wanted to go the wet tumbling route but I didn't want to pay $160+ on a kit. I did some research on DIY tumblers. My version cost me $30 total if you don't count the $25 in Menards rebates. I bought a used treadmill off craigslist and started rebuilding. I haven't tried it yet but I am sure it will work fine.
    I will try to get photos pulled up later.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I am semi-finished with a reloading project. I like to stretch my dollar on anything I do. I needed case cleaning added to my setup. I wanted to go the wet tumbling route but I didn't want to pay $160+ on a kit. I did some research on DIY tumblers. My version cost me $30 total if you don't count the $25 in Menards rebates. I bought a used treadmill off craigslist and started rebuilding. I haven't tried it yet but I am sure it will work fine.
    I will try to get photos pulled up later.

If you have the time/skills why not.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd love to see photos Tweak. Home engineered is always more interesting than store bought.

CM, sounds like you found your project to work on. How was the 1500?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yesterday, I put 30 rounds through my P10C and for some reason, the trigger pinch really bothered me. It was not so much of a pinch, but the sharp edges on the HBI trigger. The inside of the dingus slot has sharp edges and they were really digging into my finger. I had my SP01, SP01 Compact and G***k 23 along and have to say that I enjoyed shooting the G thing more. I was shooting the P10C well, but that dang trigger really killed the experience yesterday. Maybe my finger was more sensitive for some reason, but it was more noticeable yesterday than any other time in the past. I had taken a bunch of ammo, with the plan to put 100 rounds through that one and I didn't even plan on shooting the SP01 Compact, since that was my carry gun yesterday. But, after 30 rounds I put the P10C down and switched to the SP01C and SP01 for the rest of the 9mm ammo. BTW, that SP01 Compact is really a sweet shooter. It weighs a metric ton, but it is a nice shooting pistol.

I do need to finish the Cajunization of my full size SP01 though. That one feels good, but lacks that CGW spice that would make it really shine. I've been holding off on doing the full boat Pro kit on it because I've toyed with trading it for a Phantom II. That's probably not going to happen though.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yesterday, I put 30 rounds through my P10C and for some reason, the trigger pinch really bothered me. It was not so much of a pinch, but the sharp edges on the HBI trigger. The inside of the dingus slot has sharp edges and they were really digging into my finger. I had my SP01, SP01 Compact and G***k 23 along and have to say that I enjoyed shooting the G thing more. I was shooting the P10C well, but that dang trigger really killed the experience yesterday. Maybe my finger was more sensitive for some reason, but it was more noticeable yesterday than any other time in the past. I had taken a bunch of ammo, with the plan to put 100 rounds through that one and I didn't even plan on shooting the SP01 Compact, since that was my carry gun yesterday. But, after 30 rounds I put the P10C down and switched to the SP01C and SP01 for the rest of the 9mm ammo. BTW, that SP01 Compact is really a sweet shooter. It weighs a metric ton, but it is a nice shooting pistol.

I do need to finish the Cajunization of my full size SP01 though. That one feels good, but lacks that CGW spice that would make it really shine. I've been holding off on doing the full boat Pro kit on it because I've toyed with trading it for a Phantom II. That's probably not going to happen though.

I enjoyed shooting your G23 yesterday, as well as the compact :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom