The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm working late tonight, so to pass time before heading into the office, I took the 40P apart again. I found that the new disconnector is .003 taller than the old CGW part. The old CGW part measures .454 as does the stock disconnector from a P01. The new disconnector meaures .457 and that .003 is enough to put upward pressure on the sear cage causing it to rub against the bottom of the slide. I'm thinking that it these tend to be cut tall, and that's causing a heavier pressure on the frame to bottom of the sear cage interface, it might be where we are getting the increased pull weights from. I'm slowly polishing it down to match the old CGW part and will let you know what that does to the pull. I'm heading into work in a couple of minutes, so it will not be checked until tomorrow night probably.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Too many is all I will say, and the addiction isn't getting any better. I have pondered the thought of numbers vs. quality but I think all mine are quality. Sure Glocks are Glocks but I really hate letting go of handguns that work!
    1911's are soooo tough to let go. I'll keep what I have and try to do better as far as feeding this beast.

This is prolly a topic for another thread but if you had to choose 2 handguns in your safe (ONLY 2!!) What would you choose?

Mine would be DW 1911 and Glock 19

Could not do only two.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I'm working late tonight, so to pass time before heading into the office, I took the 40P apart again. I found that the new disconnector is .003 taller than the old CGW part. The old CGW part measures .454 as does the stock disconnector from a P01. The new disconnector meaures .457 and that .003 is enough to put upward pressure on the sear cage causing it to rub against the bottom of the slide. I'm thinking that it these tend to be cut tall, and that's causing a heavier pressure on the frame to bottom of the sear cage interface, it might be where we are getting the increased pull weights from. I'm slowly polishing it down to match the old CGW part and will let you know what that does to the pull. I'm heading into work in a couple of minutes, so it will not be checked until tomorrow night probably.

Hi 88, I am curious to see how this turns out:@ya:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

I sent David at CGW an e-mail about the new grind disco's in that the DA pull weight increases. Tim, I mentioned your thoughts about the .003 size difference to see what David has to say and asked of a possible fix that you may already be on track with!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That flipper with the green P01 just raised the price by $60 after someone said they would take it. Must be charging an additional dollar for every ice pick mark around the slide stop pin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom