Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A good way to bond with a new gun. Well, or so I've been told. The Wizard doesn't allow me to try to take things apart. Then he has to put them back together again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was thinking I should replace the grips because they are cracked around the screw holes, but I think some tape should fix that. ;)

Hey, if you want, I have a couple of sets of pre-B grips that have a lot of wear/patina, yet are not cracked at all. I'll try to remember to bring them along to the shoot and if you like any of them, they are yours for the taking.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey Rusty, when looking at the photos of your new gun, is that ring attached to the hammer spring plug pin? If so, I wonder if that was an attempt at adding an automatic defeat function if the gun were grabbed. If attached to a lanyard, and the gun were grabbed from the holster by someone other than the carrier, the pin would pull and the gun would eject the hammer spring and plug, making the gun useless. The downside is that if it got pulled by accident, the gun would be useless then too.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hey Rusty, when looking at the photos of your new gun, is that ring attached to the hammer spring plug pin? If so, I wonder if that was an attempt at adding an automatic defeat function if the gun were grabbed. If attached to a lanyard, and the gun were grabbed from the holster by someone other than the carrier, the pin would pull and the gun would eject the hammer spring and plug, making the gun useless. The downside is that if it got pulled by accident, the gun would be useless then too.
    Yes it is. I've been afraid to pull the pin for fear the gun will blow up. Anyone have a bomb suit I can borrow just in case? I need to dig further into how they trained with these pistols, you may be onto something.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is the updated photo of the newly Cajunized 75 Compact with alloy frame.

IMG_0627_zpsei8hyk9d.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice BA! It has that 'been there, done that' look. Not quite the 'been there, done that and got dragged home from the back of a dump truck' look that Rusty's has.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Alright, so I know I have a lot of questions about an upcoming gun purchase and it is probably annoying, but I guess you guys will just have to deal with it. I am pretty sure I'm going to get a P-01. My next question is do I want to try to find one with an Omega trigger or should I just stay standard? Maybe it's a personal preference kind of thing, but what do you all think?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Alright, so I know I have a lot of questions about an upcoming gun purchase and it is probably annoying, but I guess you guys will just have to deal with it. I am pretty sure I'm going to get a P-01. My next question is do I want to try to find one with an Omega trigger or should I just stay standard? Maybe it's a personal preference kind of thing, but what do you all think?

I don't think the P-01 Omegas have hit our shores in high numbers yet. If you want one now, I think you'll have better luck with the traditional P-01. If it were me, I think I'd be really tempted to wait for the Omega version to show up. Here is a link for the Omega model on Grab-a-Gun that at least has it on their website, so you can get an idea on pricing.

CZ P-01 Omega Convertible Black 9mm 3.8-inch 14Rd Online Gun Store

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just had to get out there tonight. Gave her a quickie. 50 rds, this was my best grouping. I was kinda in a hurry because the grass also needed cut tonight. Sweet little shooter, had one failure to feed, the mag got stuck one time and completely locked the gun up. Couple times I had to tap the back of the slide to chamber a round. I'm sure we'll have our get to know each other time. Happy so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom