Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've never held a plastic gun since I've had my PPQ that made me any more enthusiastic than "meh." Nothing really comes close for me. On the other side of that equation, I've never held or shot a Sig or CZ polymer gun without wishing I was holding / shooting the steel version. It's not that their polymer guns aren't nice, it's just that they don't come close to their steel counterparts. It's kind of like after owning a 3/4 ton diesel, I can't imagine owning a 1/2 ton gasser again.

But that's just me, and I freely admit I could be wrong.

I don't know, the P09s are very sweet shooters indeed.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I like them, but it would have to have a tuned trigger. I'm not a fan of the stock P-09 trigger. And I'm generally a "plastic for carry, steel for the range" guy.

Hmm, I just realized that I have three guns set up for HD duty and all three are polymer. I didn't really even think about it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm looking forward to my first visitation with her since she was adopted out. Somehow I have to get her to realize that I still love her, she's just not as pretty as her sisters. :):

Each and every one has its own unique beauty. No two are the same, yet all are soooooo close to identical that it's like having one gun. There are now 12 Cajun Queens in my house. ;)

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I like them, but it would have to have a tuned trigger. I'm not a fan of the stock P-09 trigger. And I'm generally a "plastic for carry, steel for the range" guy.

CGW has a choice of two replacement triggers both are same style but one with a over travel screw and one without. It is a more comfortable trigger to shoot.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes she was. I wonder how they stored them? Must have been cleaned somewhere along the way.

You were lucky in that. Most of the surplus guns come in pretty bad shape internally. The Wizard cleaned out the Beast for me and he said there was dirt, sand, grit and gravel inside that thing.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You were lucky in that. Most of the surplus guns come in pretty bad shape internally. The Wizard cleaned out the Beast for me and he said there was dirt, sand, grit and gravel inside that thing.
    Some of the internals appear to have been replaced. I was preparing to break it down and bring it to work to soak in an agitating degreaser... Not needed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom