• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'd rather have a P-01. I'm trying hard to not buy polymer handguns anymore.

Im interested in the P-01 and the P-07. Like you, I'm leaning to the P-01 because it is a metal frame. I've never held either but it just seems to me that the slide to frame fit would be much better on a P-01. Is this the case or am I off base? Does anybody like their P-07 better than a P-01?

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Im interested in the P-01 and the P-07. Like you, I'm leaning to the P-01 because it is a metal frame. I've never held either but it just seems to me that the slide to frame fit would be much better on a P-01. Is this the case or am I off base? Does anybody like their P-07 better than a P-01?
    Both are awesome choices, and I know that I am the odd ball here:nuts:but the P-07 just feels perfect to me and my favorite!psyko

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    One of my buddies stopped over last night to borrow a couple things, it had been awhile since he's seen my collection. He's a G**** guy, but recently recieved a steel witness from his brother to take care of while his brothers old lady is going crazy. I got to check it out and it's pretty sweet. Anywho, I let him fondle my CZs and the K2. I think we have a convert on our hands, need to get him to the range. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Until recently I had both. Polymer guns just feel different. IMO no polymer gun feels as good as a steel or steel and alloy gun. Having said that, the P07 is fit up very well and I do enjoy shooting it.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Both are awesome choices, and I know that I am the odd ball here:nuts:but the P-07 just feels perfect to me and my favorite!psyko

Everything I've read says the P-07 is a great gun. The Armslist posting of a new one for $400 is VERY tempting.

Until recently I had both. Polymer guns just feel different. IMO no polymer gun feels as good as a steel or steel and alloy gun. Having said that, the P07 is fit up very well and I do enjoy shooting it.

This is my general sentiment. While I have never held a P-01 I have shot a standard 75 and it is pretty amazing. It really is the way I'm leaning.

Are the P-01 and PCR basically the same gun? I'm leaning toward the P-01 because it has a rail. I would like the option to have a light if I want as this will probably serve as a bedside table gun.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Are the P-01 and PCR basically the same gun? I'm leaning toward the P-01 because it has a rail. I would like the option to have a light if I want as this will probably serve as a bedside table gun.

In my opinion, yes. The differences are exactly as you describe... the P-01 has a rail, the PCR does not. Both have alloy frames, and are decockers. FWIW, I have a P-01, and used to have a P-07. Loved the P-07, I think it's a perfect alternative to a Glock 19, and boy was it a shooter. But the P-01 always felt better in my hands.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

Id choose steel or alloy everytime over plastic, but the p07/09 is the best plastic out there. They tune up very sweet!

I love my P-07, I have a set of Trijicon nite sights coming from CGW due in Fri or Sat.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Has anybody dealt with deguns.net? They have some great prices on just about every gun I look at but just didn't know if anybody has had any problems with them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm really anxious to shoot a P07. I tend to prefer the steel guns first, steel and aluminum second and then the poly guns, so I don't know if I'd be happier with a P07 or maybe another compact or PCR/P01. On the practical side, I like the idea of the P07 so I can swap the 40P my son's borrowing from me right now with a P07. I want to finish the cajunization of the 40P.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This gun....

pix861282351_zps0ouflmix.jpg

Is an alloy framed compact I snagged off GB a while back. It was just returned to me from the Wizard. It now sports the full Cajun Pro Package, cut down Hogue grips and Truglo TFX sights. The DA trigger is now a smooth 7# and the SA is now at 3#.

I'm going to need a minute here, boys.....

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Id choose steel or alloy everytime over plastic, but the p07/09 is the best plastic out there. They tune up very sweet!

I've never held a plastic gun since I've had my PPQ that made me any more enthusiastic than "meh." Nothing really comes close for me. On the other side of that equation, I've never held or shot a Sig or CZ polymer gun without wishing I was holding / shooting the steel version. It's not that their polymer guns aren't nice, it's just that they don't come close to their steel counterparts. It's kind of like after owning a 3/4 ton diesel, I can't imagine owning a 1/2 ton gasser again.

But that's just me, and I freely admit I could be wrong.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    This gun....

pix861282351_zps0ouflmix.jpg

Is an alloy framed compact I snagged off GB a while back. It was just returned to me from the Wizard. It now sports the full Cajun Pro Package, cut down Hogue grips and Truglo TFX sights. The DA trigger is now a smooth 7# and the SA is now at 3#.

I'm going to need a minute here, boys.....

:rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom