Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is exactly why I couldn't wait any longer. I'd actually like to purchase a couple more as refinish projects. If more compacts become available through buds, I won't hesitate to buy one. Would like to add a compact....
    I prefer going through CDI on GB. I pay a little more but I know exactly what I'm getting. :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

That's very much true BA. We've seen that happen over and over in the past. $199 SKSs, $99 Mosins and even cheap 1911s back before I was old enough to buy 1911s. I bought 3 of them a couple of years back and have zero regrets on those. I need to add another one or more while they are available. Two of the ones I bought went to my sons as Christmas presents and the third is being refinished for the third time. I really should have left it painted in FDE and just bought another instead of stripping and refinishing it.

Like you say, the new stuff will always be available, but the surplus stuff just appears briefly in abundance, then disappears forever.

MC1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    What do the surplus CZ75 compacts generally go for? I've been carrying my compact lately and might need to add another one to the collection. For the full size guns, are there any compatibility issues with Kadet magazines? It might be worth buying one of those guns to use as a dedicated frame for my Kadet.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What do the surplus CZ75 compacts generally go for? I've been carrying my compact lately and might need to add another one to the collection. For the full size guns, are there any compatibility issues with Kadet magazines? It might be worth buying one of those guns to use as a dedicated frame for my Kadet.
    I think there are a couple on GB right now $350-400ish.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Due to BA's PSA, I just ordered a surplus 75 from Buds. Like Rusty, I'll roll the dice to see what comes up. Hopefully, I get as lucky as Rusty did.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The only Omegas I have seen are the suppressor ready ones like this:

CZ P-01 Omega, 9mm, Urban Grey, Suppressor Ready, NS, 14+1, Swappable Safety/Decocker - Impact Guns

I think I want an Omega, but it will be hard to wait. Are the triggers all that much better?

Out of the box, I would say YES, the Omega triggers are better than the standard CZ factory triggers. That said, I'm comparing a P-07 with the Omega setup vs. a standard P-01, and this has been a few years back. I haven't shot a newer Omega lately, so I can't say that they are any different now than a few years ago. With an Omega trigger, other than adding the extended CGW firing pin, and maybe a trigger return spring, I think you could live quite happily with an Omega CZ without going full Cajun on the gun. If you get the Omega P-01, I don't think it would be an unreasonable decision to shoot the snot out of it, and then Cajonize it after a part finally fails.

IMO, a factory Omega setup can't hold a candle to a CZ that's been Cajonized. Likewise, according to The Wizard and others on here, an Omega setup is easier/less costly to Cajonize, and the results are just as nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    medtox
    Top Bottom